I jailbroke my iPhone 3G (which was a really stupid idea) and now it wont start up! when the jailbreak process was complete, it had to restart, and thats hen i never go to see the precious home screen on my iPhone again. so now its been two months and i need to do something. and restoring it on itunes doesn't work because it doesn't start up completely and all i see is the pineapple logo and the loading circle thingy and it shuts off and starts over. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-10-2009 01:40 PM
    You've let it sit like this for 2 months? First thing you should do is put it in DFU mode and restore that way.

Restore Guide

And if you have tried a restore this way, very well possible that your phone is not going to be repaired and it is permanently bricked.
    04-10-2009 01:46 PM
    I have tried this it doestn start up enough to be seen in iTunes. as i said before all it does is show the pineapple logo and show the loading circle and restarts over and over.
    04-10-2009 02:34 PM
    Hold the power and the home button simultaneously. Your phone will reset and turn on.

Hope it helps!!!
    04-16-2009 01:50 AM
    JFSikora ty bro, u saved my ***, i had d same problem, tried to crack it after jailbreaking n it died after d reboot. It can b restored in DFU mode so cheers !
    08-01-2009 12:24 AM
    You can always restore with DFU mode, unless the hardware is messed up.

If someone says it doesn't work, then they 1) didn't bother trying 2) didn't actually put their phone in DFU or 3) have a hardware issue.
    08-01-2009 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD