It's been a loooooong 4 weeks, with Apple dropping iPhone OS 2.2 just to make me extra homesick along the way! (Thanks for that!). So today I shipped the Bold back to Kevin, and dusted off my trusty little pocket universe denter... and immediately updated about 2 dozen apps! Yikes!

But I'm a stranger in my own land. Can I go home again? Maybe with YOUR help?

What else did I miss? Any killer apps released in the last month I should check out? Any super ninja tricks discovered? Does BadAsh have his own protocol baked into the device yet?

And what about those "other" editors, the ones who found stuff to gripe about in the iPhone 3G? How do we respond to them? Is it really a "stop and use" device only? Is it hopelessly closed as a platform? Does the lack of a Qwerty keyboard hobble it forever? If you've checked out Dieter, Casey, Jennifer, and Kevin's video previews and full reviews, can we get a little Samuel L. Jackson on them? I'm making one last video and review of my own, so can I get a little help? Can TiPb be allowed to RETORT?

And as if that wasn't incentive enough, remember every day you post on this thread, or any Round Robin thread, you're entered for another chance to win each site's signature smartphone -- in our case, an iPhone 3G!
    12-22-2008 02:52 PM
    Awe... we missed you!
    12-22-2008 03:11 PM
    Well i have just come over from Treocentral and joined my all the mac fanatics here with just picking up my treo..errr iPhone a week and a half ago. I cant believe it took me so long to come over.

I can already see i am going to love it here.

But to your question,

check out "Vlingo" the new voice app (sorry post count to low to post direct link)

Also we can always be allowed to RETORT, we are mac fans, its in our nature.
    12-22-2008 05:07 PM
    wow, it feels great to be back for me too: in the time that the roblund robin started, I have had a Treo Pro, Blackberry Storm and now I am back to the iPhone. Ivwas kind of able to follow along with your guys.
    12-22-2008 10:51 PM
    It's amazing how many polygadgetists we have out there! (Not looking at Bad Ash, Dieter, Brian, Casey...)

One man round robins, the lot of youse!
    12-23-2008 09:11 AM
    Everyone back to their own devices... all is right with the world. One thing I missed when I had moved away from the iPhone was the visual voicemail. I'm sure a lot of phones can replicate that with third party apps, but once again the iPhone wins right out of the darn box.
    Any little things you missed not having for the last month?
    12-23-2008 02:28 PM
    My sprint phone contract is ending jan 1, and I'm trying to talk the mrs. into letting me have an iphone. I personally had no hangups except for the virtual keyboard...but it seems apple has a better virtual keyboard than Sprint's HTC phones. anyone have any experiences comparing the HTC touch series and iPhone keyboards? I wish they'd put an HTC phone in the round robin circuit.
    12-23-2008 04:42 PM
    The fuze was htc as was the treo pro... Neither have a virtual keyboard, though, so I get what you're saying.
    12-23-2008 04:47 PM
    Treo Pro had WinMo virtual keyboard, horrible nasty little thing that would no doubt survive a nuclear bomb blast!

I think the FUZE had a soft keyboard as well, but with that battleship slider, who needed it?
    12-23-2008 06:30 PM
    too bad you didnt get to try out G1 with the latest firmware that will only out for general users in the next few weeks... the new on screen keyboard looks nice!
    12-23-2008 10:52 PM
    yes, the "cupcake" soft keyboard actually looks very similar to the iPhone's keyboard.
    12-24-2008 12:25 AM
    yes, the "cupcake" soft keyboard actually looks very similar to the iPhone's keyboard.
    Let's hope it works as good.
    12-24-2008 01:28 AM
    What's new? Let's see...Urbanspoon updated to include all US cities (ok, not great for Rene, but really nice for those south of the Canadian border), TVersity is a great way to stream content (yes, video!) from your computer, I found my car in Google streetview, found out you shouldn't splash water on your iPhone if you want to be able to use the spacebar or numbers in portrait ever again, and I haven't been able to put down Fieldrunners to stay up on anything else!
    12-24-2008 01:58 AM
    Welcome back sir!
    12-24-2008 10:48 PM
    Merry Christmas!
    12-25-2008 10:25 AM
    Merry christmas to you too
    12-25-2008 11:41 AM
    Definitely use Vlingo...solid voice dialing/twitter & facebook updating/map searching/google & yahoo searching app. It is great.

PS...welcome back!!!
    12-25-2008 01:28 PM
    Thanks for the welcome backs everyone! It's nice to be in from the untouchy, non-intuitive, tic-tactile keyboardy cold!

Downloaded Touch Physics, Topple, Vlingo, and a bunch more try out. Some even made the video!
    12-25-2008 02:46 PM
    I can actaully hear your sigh of relief of getting back to the iphone.
    12-25-2008 07:06 PM
    It sure is quiet around here during the holiday. Did everyone get something better than the iPhone to play with? Ahahaha, get it? Cause there's nothing better than the iPhone?
    12-26-2008 04:34 PM
    Ha! Take that!
    12-26-2008 08:04 PM
    12-26-2008 10:12 PM
    LOL you say that now. Jealousy will commencing in 1 2 ....
    12-26-2008 10:56 PM
    interestingly enough... g1 is just out 2 months ago, and now ppl are talking about g2, g3.. but what what about iphone 3.0?? no news?
    12-27-2008 08:28 AM
    Apple doesn't do the rumor thing much unless they are close to a release. IMHO
    12-27-2008 01:37 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD