My wife saw the iphone commercial.
    Is there a G commercial?
    12-27-2008 02:52 PM
    iPhone 1.0 was June 2007. iPhone 2.0 was July 2008. Best guess is we won't see iPhone 3.0 until summer 2009 with that pattern.
    12-27-2008 08:10 PM
    God an iPhone 4G would be AWSOME .. ill be very curious to see how they can manage to improve it though .. save for the 4G speeds obviously ..
    12-28-2008 04:31 PM
    ill be very curious to see how they can manage to improve it though .. save for the 4G speeds obviously ..
    Bluetooth Profiles for more than Headset
    real MMS support
    Theme support (non-jailbroken)
    You know, all that stuff most base line phones have now..

Disk Mode would be nice too.
    Usability wise with the UI though, it would be hard to improve on.
    12-28-2008 05:49 PM
    ill be very curious to see how they can manage to improve it though
    Slider maybe?
    12-28-2008 10:06 PM
    You must be so happy Rene to have the best phone back in your hands!!
    12-29-2008 01:15 AM
    iphone will be the only smart phone in the top category to not have native vid recording support after cupcake update for google in Jan...
    12-29-2008 09:58 AM
    My wife saw the iphone commercial.
    Is there a G commercial?
    Do you mean the Google G1? Or, I guess more properly, the T-Mobile G1 with Google? There have been many commercials since September including the fun "Questions" ad. Search on YouTube. Also, the G1 is heavily featured on the NBA's T-Mobile Halftime show where there are some clever commercials for T-Mobile with Charles Barkley and Dwayne Wade. The iPhone commercials are boring by comparison. At least the G1 beats the iPhone in that regard.
    12-29-2008 10:10 AM
    Do you mean the Google G1? Or, I guess more properly, the T-Mobile G1 with Google? There have been many commercials since September including the fun "Questions" ad. Search on YouTube. Also, the G1 is heavily featured on the NBA's T-Mobile Halftime show where there are some clever commercials for T-Mobile with Charles Barkley and Dwayne Wade. The iPhone commercials are boring by comparison. At least the G1 beats the iPhone in that regard.
    Yea, that's what I meant.
    I think apple has just flooded everyone with adds.
    I know that's what did it for my wife - all the World Series Commercials.
    12-29-2008 03:28 PM
    It's been a loooooong 4 weeks, with Apple dropping iPhone OS 2.2 just to make me extra homesick along the way! (Thanks for that!). So today I shipped the Bold back to Kevin, and dusted off my trusty little pocket universe denter... and immediately updated about 2 dozen apps! Yikes!

But I'm a stranger in my own land. Can I go home again? Maybe with YOUR help?

What else did I miss? Any killer apps released in the last month I should check out? Any super ninja tricks discovered? Does BadAsh have his own protocol baked into the device yet?

And what about those "other" editors, the ones who found stuff to gripe about in the iPhone 3G? How do we respond to them? Is it really a "stop and use" device only? Is it hopelessly closed as a platform? Does the lack of a Qwerty keyboard hobble it forever? If you've checked out Dieter, Casey, Jennifer, and Kevin's video previews and full reviews, can we get a little Samuel L. Jackson on them? I'm making one last video and review of my own, so can I get a little help? Can TiPb be allowed to RETORT?

And as if that wasn't incentive enough, remember every day you post on this thread, or any Round Robin thread, you're entered for another chance to win each site's signature smartphone -- in our case, an iPhone 3G!
    I would assume that all you guys would choose the device you own as your favorite.
    A BB user is going to choose BB as their favorite. Iphone user is going to choose Iphone.
    What would be your second choice?
    12-31-2008 10:18 PM
    I just noticed from the front page article that the iphone has a silent switch.
    Has that always been on the iphones?
    01-01-2009 04:38 PM
    yes it has.
    01-01-2009 06:29 PM
    how easy is it to flip that switch with the phone in your pocket? on the treo's it's pretty fast and easy (although on the pro you can't hit the volume buttons to silence the ringer (can you do that on the iPhone?)
    01-02-2009 12:46 PM
    yes and very easy.
    01-02-2009 01:49 PM
    Can it be changed from a 'Silent Switch' to a 'Vibrate Switch' like the Treo's?
    01-02-2009 09:19 PM
    The slient switch on the iPhone can be made to vibrate or do nothing
    01-03-2009 12:23 AM
    What's new? Let's see...Urbanspoon updated to include all US cities (ok, not great for Rene, but really nice for those south of the Canadian border), TVersity is a great way to stream content (yes, video!) from your computer, I found my car in Google streetview, found out you shouldn't splash water on your iPhone if you want to be able to use the spacebar or numbers in portrait ever again, and I haven't been able to put down Fieldrunners to stay up on anything else!
    It doesn't include my city!
    01-04-2009 12:01 AM
    The slient switch on the iPhone can be made to vibrate or do nothing
    Thanks.

How's isilo working on the iphone?
    01-04-2009 09:37 PM
    I agree with Jennifer: I downloaded Skyfire to my Treo Pro and, frankly, it works better than Safari on my iPhone. I may be migrating back to my Treo Pro as my daily driver .

My $0.02,

Bill
    01-07-2009 09:23 PM
    does safari crash a lot still? i remember the 1st gen iphone safari cant take website with "too many" photos
    01-08-2009 03:05 AM
    Even on wifi I was suprised to see Safari load just about as fast as PIE on my Treo Pro.. obviously the screen on the iPhone is great but was expecting it to be a bit faster..and really wasn't... also get partially annoyed with the zoom in/out rendering time on the iPhone.. I frankly expected it to be better than it was on some sites..waiting for things to come into focus is kind of a pain.. I would definitely still stick to sites with mobile/iPhone friendly versions that render fast and properly on your screen (like tibp).. makes for a much better user experience.

The "full internet" ..bah.. who needs it
    01-08-2009 12:27 PM
    the big screen is still a big plus compared to most win mo phones though.
    01-10-2009 07:57 AM
    Somebody in another forum said the Pre made the iPhone look outdated.
    01-10-2009 11:03 AM
    The Pre looks different and thus the iPhone is not so "new" any longer. But when I saw the video Kevin did and the Storm and iPhone laid beside the Pre, I was like, uh oh, that screen is not so big. I am one that needs to see a device live before I get excited.
    01-10-2009 03:47 PM
    I don't know about the iPhone looking dated...... Everytime something comes out people say that. Well see how everything shakes out. Cuz till now, how many devices have come out and have been compared to the iPhone? Wheeeee that's a list.

The Storm has passed, the Xeperia has been a experience to forget, palm pro is a year or two too late. We could go on and on.

From the first shots of the Pre. I was not thinking, wow, I can't wait to get a Palm again.......... I hope I'm wrong.

Btw isilo is sweet on the iPhone
    01-10-2009 04:28 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD