CrackBerry Kevin on the iPhone 3G - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
One major thing that just turns me off about apple is their official forum.
Deleting obvious troll posts is one thing, but they will delete posts of actual issues.
Sure, I know how it is, if you go to a forum and see people complaining about a certain issue, you may think twice before buying their product.
Apple's solution; delete posts about issues. - Jerks.

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site
One major thing that just turns me off about apple is their official forum.
Deleting obvious troll posts is one thing, but they will delete posts of actual issues.
Sure, I know how it is, if you go to a forum and see people complaining about a certain issue, you may think twice before buying their product.
Apple's solution; delete posts about issues. - Jerks.

Yea I heard of one guy recently posting questions about his plastic iphone 3G back cover cracking and they deleted his thread 2 or 3 times, that's some bs right there.

CrackBerry Kevin

Aug 30, 2007
www.crackberry.com
Just checking in... I was hoping somebody could give me a very concise Pros / Cons to Jailbreaking... and also curious to know if there are any stats on the % of iphone 3gs that have been jailbroken.

do like 5% or 50% or 80% of iphone 3g owners go through the jailbreak process.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just checking in... I was hoping somebody could give me a very concise Pros / Cons to Jailbreaking... and also curious to know if there are any stats on the % of iphone 3gs that have been jailbroken.

Here is a quick rundown on jailbreaking for anyone who is not sure of what it is.

When Apple first released the iPhone and then the iPod Touch, the company also released a method for third-parties to create applications for the devices. The apps wouldn?t run on the units themselves, but rather one would use Safari on the mobile device to access web sites that would perform basic functions such as simple games, dictionaries, etc. In the end, it wasn?t really software but rather simple web sites, or web apps, designed to work with the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Users worldwide were not OK with this. (That's why a year later we got the SDK) They wanted to run other programs on the devices other than those supplied by Apple. They also wanted the convenience of not needing a wifi connection to access these 'softwares'. As a result, they figured out a way to install their own programs, allowing users to run programs like Instant Messaging clients, complex games, interactive fiction, and customization apps used to change the look and feel of the Springboard.

For some pros look here: Top 5 Must-Have Jailbreak Apps | The iPhone Blog Another top 5 list will be appearing soon on the front page.

As for some cons - you can run into some instability issues depending on what you install and such but you can always go back to normal if need be.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Jailbreaking... Maybe 10% if that. No real number that I've read, but that would be the most. In fact, I would think maybe less than 5%.

chuazy

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
but the problematic part is you have to wait till a jailbreak solution is available before you choose to update your firmware..

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
i heard that at&t is going to have home activation again for the iphone *time to unlock them without contract* grinz

I was able to do this for some time now. I've had the option to order 3Gs since September I believe. I think that option was only afforded to those that had discounts being applied to their accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods