Please elaborate.
    I want an iphone.....now.
    12-15-2008 01:33 AM
    Whats the iphone experience like only on EDGE? There's no 3G in my area but I still see quite a bit of iphones. With it being such a multimedia/web connected phone I'd think 3G is almost a requirement.
    I am in Northern Alaska where EDGE is it as far as data goes. No 3G at all (hopefully they will get it working whle I am deployed). I can say that its fast enough to get most things done as long as I have 3-4 bars. If I drop to 1-2 bars it pretty much just times out. I really don't know how to compare it to 3G because I haven't experienced it yet, but I can Flickr, use Google Reader, get Email, etc all without much issue. Of course, I still connect to "attwifi" whenever I find one as nothing beats ethernet.
    12-15-2008 02:44 AM
    do you think will apple ever create an iphone with a keyboard? looks like they are now moving fully in the "fun" direction
    12-15-2008 10:43 AM
    do you think will apple ever create an iphone with a keyboard? looks like they are now moving fully in the "fun" direction
    I think I asked that here before.
    I don't remember getting an answer.
    I guess they could add a slider.
    12-15-2008 10:05 PM
    Whats the iphone experience like only on EDGE? There's no 3G in my area but I still see quite a bit of iphones. With it being such a multimedia/web connected phone I'd think 3G is almost a requirement.
    Not a requirement, but after having it, I don't want to lose it and I don't think I can and will not accept losing it.

If you use the MySpace or Facebook apps, the pictures load a crapload faster as with other apps as 3g = faster data transfer, much faster. If the Bold was 2g, I would still have an iPhone.
    12-15-2008 10:51 PM
    I so hope that the new nano rumors are far from true. I want a larger screen iphone rather than going smaller.
    12-16-2008 12:10 AM
    it looks damn weird from those pictures... candy bar is so much sexier
    12-16-2008 12:18 PM
    I so hope that the new nano rumors are far from true. I want a larger screen iphone rather than going smaller.
    it looks damn weird from those pictures... candy bar is so much sexier
    I must have missed something.
    12-16-2008 07:15 PM
    he is talking about the rumor of iphone nano..
    12-17-2008 04:28 AM
    When I type I like to hold it in portrait mode, centered equally in both hands, pinkies under it with both thumbs typing away. !
    Yah, I type like that too. I can fly on it now. I probably type faster than on my BB because I can use a light touch. I just usually type away and let the auto-correction do its thing. don't even need to look at where the keys are anymore. If you're close enough, it gets it. Before, I used to read the email once before sending it to make sure there are no typos. I don't do it anymore.
    12-17-2008 08:37 PM
    got my push all working the way i want to know. i had both mobile me and gmail set up on the device, with mobile me to push and gmail to manually check. but i accidentally had gmail set to my default app still, so i think that was preventing mobileme from pushing. once i swapped it i was good to go.
    I have MobileMe set up similarly. I have my Google Apps email forwarded to MobileMe. In the settings, I also changed the SMTP server to use the Google Apps server (which is the same as the Gmail server), so that emails I reply to will send from my Apps address. However, this is my work account, and not the account I use most, and therefore, I have another email account set up as the default. MobileMe still pushes to me fine. I find that email hits me within 5-10 seconds after sending. I don't think the default email account setting affects how MobileMe works.

Oh yah, one other thing. I also have the Apps account turned off and I also set my Apps account so that every email that is forwarded is automatically marked read. It keeps the inbox cleaner and I don't look at the same email twice.
    12-17-2008 08:58 PM
    he is talking about the rumor of iphone nano..
    12-17-2008 11:32 PM
    MacWorld next month.... rumor is that its the other way round, which they will make a "bigger" iphone, which is supposed to be their netbook product line..
    12-18-2008 08:07 AM
    I will need an onscreen kb for the shuffle.
    12-18-2008 09:03 PM
    there was a japanese team that managed to hack a jailbroken iphone to accept inputs from a bluetooth keyboard.. they shown it last month, cant find the link now thugh
    12-19-2008 06:01 AM
    I just don't get the shuffle - it makes no sense.
    12-19-2008 10:56 PM
    And like i'd use an external kb with it!
    12-20-2008 09:40 PM
    I just don't get the shuffle - it makes no sense.
    I agree. But I did see a guy wearing one clipped to the back of his hat while golfing once and thought that would be sort of neat.
    12-21-2008 12:25 AM
    well, there are a lot of ppl who just want a phone and do not need those other functions like maps, gps, camera.. having a iphone shuffle u can use it as a phone, a jogging device and music player with better battery life and lightweight!
    12-21-2008 07:29 AM
    I guess....
    12-21-2008 09:28 PM
    I guess....
    guessing.... what? =D
    12-22-2008 01:49 AM
    well, there are a lot of ppl who just want a phone and do not need those other functions like maps, gps, camera.. having a iphone shuffle u can use it as a phone, a jogging device and music player with better battery life and lightweight!
    I guess....
    I guess...
    But I can think of a dozen different phones other than that silly thing.
    12-22-2008 09:10 PM
    apple's marketing..
    12-24-2008 01:20 PM
    apple's marketing..
    A Bullseye!
    12-24-2008 04:08 PM
    When is the iphone 3G being given away? It's the 31st correct?

Sorry, just a little confused as I've seen various dates.

Thanks.
    12-28-2008 03:12 AM
148 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD