My only concern was warranty.
    But I think someone said you could un-jailbreak it. (or whatever it's called)
    Yeah, you can. There is no way a Apple "Genius" would ever be able to tell if the phone was jailbroken. Now unlocking is a different story.
    12-10-2008 05:56 PM
    Just checking in... I was hoping somebody could give me a very concise Pros / Cons to Jailbreaking... and also curious to know if there are any stats on the % of iphone 3gs that have been jailbroken.

do like 5% or 50% or 80% of iphone 3g owners go through the jailbreak process.
    Jailbreaking... Maybe 10% if that. No real number that I've read, but that would be the most. In fact, I would think maybe less than 5%.
    12-10-2008 09:59 PM
    I still need an iphone.
    12-11-2008 12:10 AM
    I still need an iphone.
    What's stopping ya?

I'm actually going to put mine on eBay or CL, went Bold, like Ash

Except he has the iPhone as well.
    12-11-2008 02:00 AM
    but the problematic part is you have to wait till a jailbreak solution is available before you choose to update your firmware..
    12-11-2008 06:05 AM
    What's stopping ya?

I'm actually going to put mine on eBay or CL, went Bold, like Ash

Except he has the iPhone as well.
    Waiting for my contract to end on Tmobile and saving some money.
    12-11-2008 06:27 PM
    Waiting for my contract to end on Tmobile and saving some money.
    Yeah... I guessed that... I can definitely see that being a factor... when does you contract end?
    12-11-2008 10:23 PM
    i heard that at&t is going to have home activation again for the iphone *time to unlock them without contract* grinz
    12-12-2008 02:13 AM
    i heard that at&t is going to have home activation again for the iphone *time to unlock them without contract* grinz
    I was able to do this for some time now. I've had the option to order 3Gs since September I believe. I think that option was only afforded to those that had discounts being applied to their accounts.
    12-12-2008 09:15 AM
    Another thing that verifies the iphone is more play and less biz is the top picks for apps.
    They tend to be games, media, bells and whistles.
    12-12-2008 02:48 PM
    I was able to do this for some time now. I've had the option to order 3Gs since September I believe. I think that option was only afforded to those that had discounts being applied to their accounts.
    Yeah, I have had this option for a while now too. I get a state employee discount through at&t and have the option of ordering the iphone.
    12-12-2008 04:29 PM
    Another thing that verifies the iphone is more play and less biz is the top picks for apps.
    They tend to be games, media, bells and whistles.
    Or it could just mean that certain apps are not needed...

Look at the some of the top apps for BB:

VibandRing... something that iPhone already does.
    BBAlarms Pro... another thing the iPhone does well. Multiple alarms!
    HTML Viewer... once again, done perfectly on the iPhone.
    12-12-2008 05:16 PM
    Man I really really REALLY want an iphone!!!
    12-13-2008 02:09 AM
    ya.. one good thing is how well the iphone maintain its value even in the grey market for the 1st gen.. most phones depreciates at least 25% in half a year.. not seeing that for iphone
    12-13-2008 05:47 AM
    ya.. one good thing is how well the iphone maintain its value even in the grey market for the 1st gen.. most phones depreciates at least 25% in half a year.. not seeing that for iphone
    Yea no kidding, I've heard of people selling their iphone for what they paid and more!
    12-13-2008 09:18 AM
    Or it could just mean that certain apps are not needed...

Look at the some of the top apps for BB:

VibandRing... something that iPhone already does.
    BBAlarms Pro... another thing the iPhone does well. Multiple alarms!
    HTML Viewer... once again, done perfectly on the iPhone.
    I just figured people played more on iphone,
    and worked more on BB.
    12-13-2008 03:19 PM
    Yea no kidding, I've heard of people selling their iphone for what they paid and more!
    I am one. I've sold a couple for more.
    12-13-2008 09:14 PM
    and worked more on BB.
    And this could be because the iPhone has good games to play on while the BB has brickbreaker
    12-13-2008 09:15 PM
    I am one. I've sold a couple for more.
    i sold 6.. =p shortest 2 days, longest before i give up - 1 week.

just cannot find even reasons why should i use my phone for games and games only.. + the camera cant compare to modern phones
    12-14-2008 02:22 AM
    and worked more on BB.
    I think it depends on the person. I use my iPhone to run my small company all day long. I do have games on there but rarely get to play any. About the only time is when I am on a plane and can not use my phone. I know several other of my friends do the same with theit iPhones. One is even second in line behind the Direct of NASA. He uses his iPhone exclusively and no BB.

So I really believe it depends upon the person. BB are good devices that are readily accepted by most big companies because of their security.
    12-14-2008 08:23 AM
    The past 6 months I have started seeing iPhones in many business meetings. They are making inroads probably because of demand and because the IT staff are getting into them.
    12-14-2008 10:48 AM
    I want an iphone please.
    12-14-2008 12:32 PM
    Whats the iphone experience like only on EDGE? There's no 3G in my area but I still see quite a bit of iphones. With it being such a multimedia/web connected phone I'd think 3G is almost a requirement.
    12-14-2008 07:53 PM
    I want an iphone please.
    Please elaborate.
    12-14-2008 08:52 PM
    Whats the iphone experience like only on EDGE? There's no 3G in my area but I still see quite a bit of iphones. With it being such a multimedia/web connected phone I'd think 3G is almost a requirement.
    I was just on edge for (5) Months and was satisfied with it. I came from a Sprint BlackBerry 8130 so I was used to 3G, but the iPhone's Safari is so far ahead of the BB browser or Opera Mini, the little extra time was ok. I am pretty luck though, as we just got 3G in my area last month.

While Safari works pretty well over edge, YouTube is pretty useless. A great alternative to YouTube is VuClip, it does a lower resolution stream that actually downloads pretty fast on edge. It will also take some time if you are downloading large files in emails.

The whole overall experience is far better, even on edge, then any other phone I have ever used. I was never upset about the temporary loss of 3G. The multimedia sync'd with iTunes as downloaded movies, music, or apps and games are stored on the phone so a data connection is not relevant.
    12-14-2008 09:35 PM
148 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD