1000 USD for an iTouch that looks like an iPhone 3G 16 GB

Mander66

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hello All, and I hate to post on a dead horse subject but here is my second post details.....

I recently made a trip back home (St. Louis) and managed to get one of those really cool iPhone 3G 16GB iPhones on ebay that came with a gevey turbosim card. I live in Sweden, and will be working here for at least another...... well at least until the end of this year...... Well at least until the end of today...... (Global Economic Crisis joke inserted here. I did NOT want to pay the ridiculous monthly fee here in Sweden for the iPhone off the shelf contract they have here which is FAR more expensive than the AT & T ones). I thought I had made a great decision in getting an ...well here is the direct Caption listed in ebay "Apple iPhone 3G Black 16gb NIB Unlocked and Jailbroken" I guess I must own the most expensive iTouch in Europe, or am I not alone? What are my options? if any? am I truly Gris Knullad? (Swedish) Sorry again to beat a dead horse but... any comments or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
iIdiot Mander66

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Let me get this straight... you paid $1000 for what was claimed to be a unlocked iPhone 3G and it is a iPod Touch? I would have told you to avoid eBay for something like this but too late for that. If you paid via Paypal file a complaint to get your money back. If not, I'm sure you can file a complaint right thru eBay as well. Good luck.

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm thinking he got himself an actual iPhone 3G, but the turbosim doesn't work and he can't activate it on his home network so it might as well be an iPod touch.

Anyone else have a guess?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm thinking he got himself an actual iPhone 3G, but the turbosim doesn't work and he can't activate it on his home network so it might as well be an iPod touch.

Anyone else have a guess?

Thought that at first too, but he's not super clear on it... he want's help, he will post a reply I suppose.

Mander66

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I paid a little under 800 USD for an Iphone 3G 16GB on ebay, then had it shipped to me here in Sweden (over 250 USD with import taxes etc.) I had an awesome iphone for 2 weeks until i did an update to 2.2 and baseband upgraded as well and rendered my iphone into an itouch (No Service bug) I would still not pay the ridiculous fees they want here in Sweden for an iphone, but that is just me I guess. I put in the gevey 3g turbosim card and voila. I had great coverage and a manageable contract thru a Telephone provider here in Sweden. I have contacted the seller on ebay, and he will be sending me a working turbosim card when available. I guess its the cat and mouse game, and I got burned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro