I made the mistake of purchasing an Otter Box case for my iPhone. When I discovered that I was unable to sync with using a non-Apple sync cable and the case on, I tried to remove the Otter Box. It was nearly impossible to remove, so I had to pry it off and damaged the back cover of the iPhone in the process. I asked Apple about purchasing a new back cover and they told me that I would have to purchase a whole new phone. Are there any other possibilities?
    10-10-2008 11:42 AM
    I feel your pain, I really do. I know there are places in China that sell parts but I'm not sure on the quality and I know it's not the easiest thing to take this phone apart. I don't have a link right now but if I think of it I will be sure to post it. In the mean time try google.
    10-10-2008 12:16 PM
    i have been in contact with Griffin, their Elan form case scratched the back of my 3G. I am hoping they do something about it.
    10-19-2008 09:27 PM
    I also tried the Griffin Elan. It didn't scratch my iPhone, but it broke after only two weeks of use. I have now tried five belt-clip cases and there is one that stands way above the rest: the Ezgear Ezskin Plus.
    10-19-2008 09:34 PM
    i have been in contact with Griffin, their Elan form case scratched the back of my 3G. I am hoping they do something about it.
    Very doubtful you will get them to replace your phone. You just have to be aware of what case you use in the future. Some cases actually hurt the phone instead of protecting them. Sad I know.
    10-19-2008 10:35 PM
    heard about Scosche, Gumdrop and Proporta.

what do u guys think?
    07-08-2010 12:35 AM
    Check out Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, they have all the parts to repair an iPhone 4 (and the other 3 models) and the back of the iPhone 4 will cost you $154.99. Keep in mind they are selling one at a time unlike Apple who mfg's millions of them.

You can also look at SGPStore.com | iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4.0, iPhone 4 Case, iPod Case, Pouches, Protector Film, Camera, Laptop Skin, Metal Skin or go here SGPStore.com | iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4.0, iPhone 4 Case, iPod Case, Pouches, Protector Film, Camera, Laptop Skin, Metal Skin and they offer 4 options for back cover skins. I wasn't sure if yours was scratched up or some other damage.

I am also on pre-order for the Elements Case Vapor4 with Cabon Fiber back. www.elementscase.com

Good luck.
    07-08-2010 12:33 PM
    They're not going to do anything for you.
    07-08-2010 02:27 PM
    Hey guys, the first post is from Oct 2008. Not sure why marianneliz bumped the post.
    07-08-2010 02:45 PM
    Hahaha just realized that myself. Probably so he can spam it up with types of cases for us to check out...lol
    07-08-2010 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD