Adding Files to my Iphone 3G

cigar_stub

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
How can I add files to view on my Iphone, such as word docs or perhaps an excel file. I was told by the store that I could do this (of course I don't expect to modify them), but even they didn't know how. Do I need a third party app to view?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Stubby

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You can not put files on your phone. What you can do is get them in a email then look at them. You will not be able to edit them though.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
There are apps out for this though. I am just not sure if any of the apps will let you send a file? This would work great so that I can email my resume from my iphone. I graduated college and I am having a hard time finding something!

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Does using mobile finder allow me to take a document and email it to someone else or it just allows me to view it?

yildi

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Why this interesting thread is already dead? :)

Am I one of the very few who would like to have his documents (at least part of them) on his new shiny iPhone? I come from the Windows Mobile world and I was fed up with the slowness of my TyTN and the cumbersome interface for a phone. But I discover that iPhone is not really a replacement for a PDA and I have to keep my HP 210 in parallel with the iPhone.
I have seen that there are several applications that try to minimize this problem by allowing us to at least exchange files between thye PC (yes I am a PC user - Windows XP) and the iPhone but, given that no trial version is proposed I do not know which to choose. Systems that necessitate a connection to the same WiFi network seems too restrictive for me.

Also, the possibility of being able to receive documents from my on the iPhone and to transfer thep to the PC and, inversely, to transfer documents from the PC to the iPhone and mail them through GPRS connection is important to me.

So I would be very happy to benefit from your experience if you have tried some of these softs. Whiwh one is better for you intermes of functionality? Do you now any comarative survey of them? Does the iPHone Blog plan to make such a survey?

Best regards from a new iPhone convert.

Last edited:

greggy

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
better apps out there now

Since the last post, lots of file viewing apps have appeared, but I use NetPortal as it's the only one I've found that lets me get to files over 3G

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I use quick office. ($7.99) Easy to set up and then send your office files to your files@quickofficeconnect.com account and they appear in the app. Create, view, and edit office files. I definitely would not want to spend all day scrolling around the liittle screen, but it does what I need it to do.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I used Dropbox to see files, no editing them but you can email them. It also has a desktop app so if you change a file on your desktop it will change on your phone and what ever else you as at the same time. Documents to go has a read only and an edit version, but I have not been able to get the desktop to see the iphone or itouch.

KC

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner