Where the chrome meets the plastic back does anyone have rough edges?
    Along the right side of my phone it feels rough. Its not as bad on the left side. Anyone suggestions on what I should do?
    07-25-2008 07:25 PM
    Have you applied any body/skin on the back of the phone. I put the BodyGuardz on mine and I didn't get it lined up exactly right so it was sticking up on one edge, making a sharp little edge. I just trimmed it off with a very sharp razor blade.
    07-25-2008 09:05 PM
    Yes, my husband's phone is like this. It bugs me.

If this isn't standard I'd like to have it fixed - anyone else care to comment?

(Not from films, etc, just the joining between the two surfaces is no where close to smooth).

Where the chrome meets the plastic back does anyone have rough edges?
    Along the right side of my phone it feels rough. Its not as bad on the left side. Anyone suggestions on what I should do?
    08-04-2008 05:39 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that. I had a old iPhone that was like that. Wasn't enough to bother me though. That is just the way some get manufactured. I would not even try bringing it back either. Doubtful they will do anything as the phone works the way it should. Lucky for me that my 3g is perfect. But I do feel for you if it bothers you.
    08-04-2008 05:55 PM
    The right side of my phone is like that, but it's not too bad.
    08-04-2008 06:07 PM
    I just took mine out of my case and touched the edges. I doesn't feel sharp. Sorry about your phone being that way.
    08-06-2008 02:22 PM
    Bought a white iPhone 3g 16GB on 30DEC08. Rejected and returned due to the sharpe edges. The store finaly offered a new one a month later.
    In Sweden there's an Apple policy of having consumers "buying a pig in a bag (poke)" (not allowing the box to be opened until purchase is consumated). That makes it difficult to now what to do next.
    Maybe better luck with the black ones?
    Hopefully it's a small production batch that has this production problem?

Silicon covers, duct tape, etc. is not the solution ;-)
    02-20-2009 12:48 PM
    The right side of my phone about in the middle the plastic curves out a bit and then curves back in. So at that spot in the middle it isn't flush with the chrome. Not a big deal as you can't even see it really, you can just feel it.
    02-20-2009 03:04 PM
    Yeah I'd personally use BodyGuardz, good luck
    02-25-2009 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD