I'm about to make the jump to an iphone and saw on the apple page the operating temperatures are 32 to 95 F, and the non operating temps are -4 to 113 F. what exactly do these mean?

being an aircraft mechanic I work in an open door hangar in Phoenix where the average daily temp is 100-110, although it's slightly cooler in the hangar. I'm just wondering if it will put too much stress on the phone and if I should find something else. thanks in advance!
    07-20-2008 10:43 PM
    i didn't realize those temps are the temps.. whoah... i think in a pocket in the summer is more than 113f...

but yes... you may OPERATE the phone between 32 to 95 F... and STORE the phone in the range -4 to 113 F..

I'm not quite sure if it will put too much stress outside the temperature variants of the hardware. i can tell you that MacBook Pro's shut off when they fall outside the temperature ranges. but they're large computers, and have MANY temperature probes...
    07-20-2008 10:47 PM
    if the temp will get tested anywhere it will be in phoenix. I guess I'll give it a shot and return it within 30 days if it gives me problems
    07-20-2008 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD