If you still don't have a iPhone 3g post HERE!

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
well I am sitting at 7 days today. Did DF last monday and still nothing still on backorder. this is really making me mad. I wish they would get their crap in line and get the S&*T figured out and get these thing shipped out. It cant be that hard to ship.

iamnot

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
wch store is better?

Guys Which store would you prefer/recommend for buying this hot 3g iphone?:confused:
cool.jpg

hmmm....amazon looks little cheaper :rolleyes:
hot.jpg

digital.jpg

suasex

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
is the general consensus to buy from the apple store rather than ATT? b/c I have each within a mile from where I live. any help would be appreciated!

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
No major difference. The Apple store is hilarious to buy from. They assume you know nothing about the phone (which is awesome... not patronizing) and the guy was almost horrified that I did not want him to teach me how to work the phone. He was willing to spend an hour of his time to help me go through each feature. I explained I read up enough and if I had any questions I would be back. He almost had a sad puppy dog face when I left so quickly. He said that they are running iPhone workshops and told me to come back. Apple customer service is MUCH better than AT&T. Also, If there is anything wrong with your iPhone (no matter where you bought it you have to deal with Apple though.
Let me quote from my DF receipt (which I canceled):
WARRANTY EXCHANGES FOR THE iPhone ARE SUPPORTED BY Apple. SEE Apple.com FOR DETAILS.

Billsteve

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
well... I can get one this Saturday... what do i do? i am going to need to camp out a little, right? where to do it? i really want a white 16g, should i not be so picky?

suasex

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
called my local apple store (phoenix biltmore) and they said they didn't have any. low and behold I'm in the area at borders only to see a long line out the apple store. they had every model with a "generous supply." I waited about 2.5 hours from the line until I was out the door with a 16gb black.

also, the online inventory check said they didn't have any in stock at this store, so really you can't rely on anyone until someone tells it to your face that they're out!

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 15th got the email today at 5:45 that it shipped noticed on the order staus page at 3:45 that it shipped but shipped at 11:11 so very much a delay in everything but mine is on the way and will be here by 3pm tomorrow. I cant wait

The Reptile

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
Mine was ordered on the 14th and is not in transit. It's going to arrive at the AT&T store tomorrow by 3PM so I'll get it either tomorrow PM or Saturday AM. All I can say is WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WesX

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
Ordered a 16gb black DF on July 18th. Still backordered.

What's really the killer is I checked all the apple stores around me and everyone of them had every phone in stock today.

Because I have a company discount on my plan I'm unable to buy it from the apple store.

I really hate apple more than I did before.

suasex

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
Ordered a 16gb black DF on July 18th. Still backordered.

What's really the killer is I checked all the apple stores around me and everyone of them had every phone in stock today.

Because I have a company discount on my plan I'm unable to buy it from the apple store.

I really hate apple more than I did before.

I also have a discount and when I activated at the apple store I had to call ATT and have them take off the discount for activation only. do you get a discount on the phone itself or the service plan?

WesX

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
I also have a discount and when I activated at the apple store I had to call ATT and have them take off the discount for activation only. do you get a discount on the phone itself or the service plan?

I have a discounted service plan. Something like 15% a month off my bill. I didn't get any kind of discount on the phone itself even though I'm eligible for an upgrade. My contract has been up for almost 5 months now and I've been waiting for the 3G to resign.

suasex

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
I have a discounted service plan. Something like 15% a month off my bill. I didn't get any kind of discount on the phone itself even though I'm eligible for an upgrade. My contract has been up for almost 5 months now and I've been waiting for the 3G to resign.

you have the same discount I do. you can buy at an apple store, I did. I would suggest calling ATT Premiere beforehand (or while you're in line for the phone) and have them take the discount off and explain you're getting a phone. that's what I had to do AFTER waiting 2 hours for the phone and it added about 25 minutes while the apple tech looked at sports scores online, ha.

I went back to ATT today and had the discount reinstated. just letting you know.

WesX

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
you have the same discount I do. you can buy at an apple store, I did. I would suggest calling ATT Premiere beforehand (or while you're in line for the phone) and have them take the discount off and explain you're getting a phone. that's what I had to do AFTER waiting 2 hours for the phone and it added about 25 minutes while the apple tech looked at sports scores online, ha.

I went back to ATT today and had the discount reinstated. just letting you know.

I actually thought about removing the discount but I think that is rediculous just so I can wait 2+ hours for the phone itself. Then even more time just to have the discount added again.

I ordered my phone DF on July 18th and still nothing as of today but yet all the apple stores keep getting phones in. Absolutely rediculous! The phone is paid for but still backordered. What's even worse is the fact that the AT&T stores are getting them in and selling them to the general public.

I'm at the point where I'm gonna tell Apple and AT&T where they can stick it.. lol. Worst release of any product ever and I've been there for the Wii, PS3, N64, etc.

highdynamic

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Just like MANY people waiting for their DF from ATT, I started to think I made the wrong choice when I could have walked down to the Apple store here and snagged a 3G this morning, I called and they had plenty I was told. There was a line but still enough for the size of the line. I called to see about canceling my DF but was told They could not. Whatever I thought, I didn't have the energy to try and get an explanation from the ATT sales person and prepared myself for the long wait. Well, my wait turned out to be short lived. I checked my status again just now and "SHIPPED"! I have to say it is true, the 16GB White model is shipping MUCH faster. For me, I ordered Monday 7/28 in the a.m... Shipped on 7/30... Delivery/Pick up 7/31

I really feel for those waiting for the Black models. Good luck guys...

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR DF ORDERS!!!!

You just have to do it at the store you made your DF purchase BEFORE your status turns to "shipped." If you call any toll free number they will tell you that you cannot... but you can.. by calling/going into the store you made the DF order. I PROMISE... I did it.. no questions asked.

However, it took a week for the $322 hold to come off my credit card. (They never charged me.. just put a hold on the card. Something to think about if you have a small credit limit on your card.)

amyleeom1213

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
man i just went to ebay and got mine brand new needless to say i got it for a good price and am very happy looks like i made the right decision.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR