If you still don't have a iPhone 3g post HERE!

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Not that anyone was really holding their breath but this morning, despite the online thing saying the Apple store was sold out, I called up and they had the 16gig black in stock. Ran down there, was fourth in line, 40 minutes later I was good to go! Unfortunately I have no idea how to work this thing and no time to play with it today so it's in the box in my purse. How sad.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
FRT -- backordered?

So I was looking at my iPhone 3g order on the ATT website. (I check it hourly..yeah pretty pathetic) and I finally see a little activity. It says that phone is ordered and not shipped BUT the FRT which is the freight is "backordered"? wtf does that mean??? How can the freight be backordered?

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Mine said that to yesterday and now it says the phone is now back ordered. GGGGRRRRRR what is the deal with that. I wish they were a little quicker on shipping out. This is horrible customer service. I knew I should not have done direct fullfilment

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
The AT&T store I went to yesterday said they sold out on Friday. They expected some more on Monday, but they never came in. They are letting people order them, pay now and they will come within 10 to 20 days.

Or they can keep calling and coming back to check.

(I already have one, I had to go back to AT&T because they messed up my family line account, and because the plan I was on no longer exists, I can't get switched back to it.)

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Well i am excited my phone does not show as backordered on direct fulfillment I hope that means it is shipping out SOON. I would love to have it before the weekend but I know that wont happen. Oh well one can hope

Parker

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
since im not anywhere close to an apple store, i went last friday evening and ordered one too. they told me 3 to6 days. im betting on two weeks!! when i looked for the order status, i used the order number they gave me in the e-mail, but i had to put the zip code for the store it was being shipped to, not my zip. I called the store they told me they were not getting any more phones to sell until the people with orders got theirs first. Hope this will help.

Parker

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
i almost forgot, apple is sending an email when your ordered phone ships. The lady at the store said it would take 2 days to get to the at&t store .

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
since im not anywhere close to an apple store, i went last friday evening and ordered one too. they told me 3 to6 days. im betting on two weeks!! when i looked for the order status, i used the order number they gave me in the e-mail, but i had to put the zip code for the store it was being shipped to, not my zip. I called the store they told me they were not getting any more phones to sell until the people with orders got theirs first. Hope this will help.

Well they told me that to but since I placed my order on Monday, and they have gotten 2 shipments in since then. What kind of crap is that? My phone is not on backorder again. I dont want to wait 2 weeks for my phone when they are not servicing their custeomrs right by selling phones that are not for direct fulfillment. GGGGGGRRRRRR Dang you AT&T

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news BUT (ducks) my AT&T store has yet to get ONE direct fulfillment order in yet. Granted the iPhone came out on the 11 and today is the 17 (6 days) but now the memos to AT&T are telling employees that 7-10 days is not possible and to quote everyone 3-4 weeks (or 20-30 days). Considering I just ordered mine today I just have my fingers crossed that it comes before August (two weeks away).

ETA: I have heard whisperings on the web that 8GB and 16GB WHITE phones are coming in faster as there is either less demand (white) or more of them (8GB).

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news BUT (ducks) my AT&T store has yet to get ONE direct fulfillment order in yet. Granted the iPhone came out on the 11 and today is the 17 (6 days) but now the memos to AT&T are telling employees that 7-10 days is not possible and to quote everyone 3-4 weeks (or 20-30 days). Considering I just ordered mine today I just have my fingers crossed that it comes before August (two weeks away).

ETA: I have heard whisperings on the web that 8GB and 16GB WHITE phones are coming in faster as there is either less demand (white) or more of them (8GB).

Well I was quoted 7-10 days that was on monday. A friend of mine said he read that a Lady did DF on the 15th (a day after I did mine) and got her phone on the 17th How is that fair/possible.

And not sure about the 8GB and white 16GB being in less demand I have an 8GB on DF and it is still on backorder or so it says. I just really hope I get this phone before my trip and not in 20-30 days.

Oh and the thing I find funny is that AT&T said no more phone at the store till DF is filled first. Well all the AT&T stores here have gotten 2 shipments each this week. I asked if I could cancel my DF and buy the phone there and was told no I could not. What kind of crapola is that? I am really getting upset at this whole process. AT&T should have done a little better planning. I mean really they knew what it was like the first time around why would they not have stock ready to sell? I am really really getting fed up. GRRRR LOL ;)

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I asked if I could cancel my DF and buy the phone there and was told no I could not.
Yes you can cancel your DF order. Both AT&Ts in my area have been using that in their sales pitch. Call 1866CINGULAR to verify. Also, you can check the status of your order by going to: https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status

As for the lie going around that they would fulfill direct fulfillment orders before AT&T had them in store... completely false. Not sure where that rumor got started (AT&T? or Chat Boards?) but it is true that AT&T will be getting a lot less now as direct fulfillment orders are going to AT&T and NOT Apple (so the Apple stores will be getting more regular shipments to sell to the public than AT&T).

My advice, check the status of your order. If it still says back order, call AT&T to verify that you can cancel (with the number provided) and go out and hunt for an available iPhone. Only cancel once you get one in hand.

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
My advice, check the status of your order. If it still says back order, call AT&T to verify that you can cancel (with the number provided) and go out and hunt for an available iPhone. Only cancel once you get one in hand.

ya but knowing my luck the min I get it in hand they will ship the other one out. LOL Well my phone doesnt show back ordered anymore today maybe that is a good sign I will see what today brings.

ktm97

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
I just checked my order and only my FRT(freight) is on backorder, they took the iphone off of backorder not sure what this means, but they could use a better tracking system!

pipsqueekspire

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Crap Service from Apple and ATT

I have been an ATT/Cingular/ATT user for nearly 10 years. My wife and I got a family plan on the same day and upgraded our phone nearly 2 years ago. Because she is the primary and I am the secondary my number is 'not incentivized' yet. (I have to wait 2 more months because while I pay the bill my line is only 9.99/month while hers is 69.99/month she she gets early activation.) But my wife CAN get the iphone on her number for the 199/299 price. SO... here is how you do that. First you go to apple when they open at 10am and you find out they have no phones today. So you're bummed. Then you call around and are told to check later at other stores because they are expecting a shipment. So you call again and it turns out that the 1st store you went to got a delivery at 10:20 that morning! 5 minutes after you left. NOW you're pissed but you drive the 1/2 hour back to the same store. Now there is a long line- 2 hours. You wait in the long line for 1 hour at the apple store because your lovely wife got you a gift card you can ONLY go to the apple store. Then they remind you while in line to check that you are elegible. I am- sorta- I called ATT right then. I can buy the phone for my wife's line then just call in the sim numbers and some other info and ATT will switch the lines so mine is iphone and she keeps her number on her old phone. THen the apple rep talks to you in line and says "Oh- ATT lied to you- we can't do that. FOr some reason they have been lying all week about it" OK... so you call ATT back and they say- oh- your right- the sim card will be fried so you just need to come into ATT company store to do that. Yes there might be a 2 hour line at the ATT store- why don't you just come down here?" BECAUSE I HAVE A F-ING GIFT CARD FOR APPLE! OK.... then the Apple rep comes back after 2 hours in line and calls you in to "pre-verify" your phone, well my wifes phone really. "Oh, you're not the primary? Your wife has to be here since its her account. We can't do anything for you today!" ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!! Are you F-ing kidding me? Then a nice Apple guy comes over because, frankly, you're scaring the other people in the store. He takes you aside and says, yes we can help you. BUT- when you go into the ATT store to get the new card you will likely need to pay to RE-activate the fried sim card on the other phone. ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME AGAIN!

So I lost it. I stormed up the front and demanded $500 cash! NOW! (For my gift card- not because I was waving a gun) I am so pissed at the crappy service, pack of lies and deceptive methods used by both Apple and ATT I am thinking about a Blackberry..... so there.

-pip :mad:

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Well I was quoted 7-10 days that was on monday. A friend of mine said he read that a Lady did DF on the 15th (a day after I did mine) and got her phone on the 17th How is that fair/possible.

And not sure about the 8GB and white 16GB being in less demand I have an 8GB on DF and it is still on backorder or so it says. I just really hope I get this phone before my trip and not in 20-30 days.

Oh and the thing I find funny is that AT&T said no more phone at the store till DF is filled first. Well all the AT&T stores here have gotten 2 shipments each this week. I asked if I could cancel my DF and buy the phone there and was told no I could not. What kind of crapola is that? I am really getting upset at this whole process. AT&T should have done a little better planning. I mean really they knew what it was like the first time around why would they not have stock ready to sell? I am really really getting fed up. GRRRR LOL ;)

I'm sure it depends upon the store that you placed the DFO. If it's a busy store you're probably way down the line. I feel for you. I ordered mine on Sunday and I was told 7-10 days. I called today and they told me that most of the DFO's for Friday and Saturday have been met, but they are getting the hint from apple that after Sunday, you're basically screwed. He said there might not be any more phones to sell for a month or two, but production will ramp up again around Christmas time. And apple stores get first dibs on renewing their supply. He also told me I can cancel anytime. I'll be damned before I wait in line for this thing a month after launch. That is the point when I might have to rethink this whole apple thing and go with something else.

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
new to forum, it wasn't easy, but I got my phone!

Something told me not to preorder thru direct fulfillment. I knew that they would end up at the back of the line. I tried friday the 11th at the ATT store, they ran out (38 phones available). Tried Sat only 30 phones available, they ran out. Finally decided Apple store would have to be the way. Called att and had my FAN discount taken off. Waited 24 hours then started calling the two apple stores near me daily until one had my white phone in stock. Wed afternoon they said they had a limited supply of white phones and I went straight from work at 5:30 pm. At 915 I walked out with THE LAST White phone they had. I felt so bad for the 3 people left behind me. Forget about ATT store. They are so backordered, it isnt funny. Apple is only allotting a certain number of phones to them per shipment. The odds are astronomically against you. Unless you literally move in to an att store so you are there when they get their tiny shipments!

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Just so you know... there is a forum on the AT&T site and those who have been ordering the WHITE iPhone 3gs have been getting the "shipped" notice the next day (or two days after) as for those who want any BLACK phone... you are staring down the barrel of 20-30 days.

I, however, just called AT&T and canceled my DF order (you can only cancel by calling the store.. the 1800 number has no idea what DF is to begin with) BECAUSE!!!! I just got my iPhone from the Apple store!!!!! I am so excited I don't even care that I picked up my iPhone at 10:30 this morning and have been dealing with AT&T until this moment (and will have to resume again on Monday when another one of their offices has opened).

Seriously... I am dancing right now! Still haven't been able to play with it (my ports did not go beautifully to say the least) and right now it is syncing everything (including the dozens of apps I downloaded before I got the phone!)

ETA: it is now 11:11 p.m. (13 hours later) and I still have one working phone out of the three I ported... luckily it is the iPhone that is working. Still, I was on hold for two hours trying to figure out what went wrong... and after two hours of on hold (and several agents making me tell them my story again and again) I was allowed to speak to tech support who told me... just wait until the morning and see what happens. Yet, I am still to iHigh to be angry.

Last edited:

Kahne91123

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Well I df my phone on friday about 300 and it shipped tonight at 907 I cant wait I should have it by monday hoprfully tomorrow i doubt it but at least it will be soon

Last edited:

Parker

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
i ordered my phone from at&t on sat july 12 about 7 pm. just got the email saying my phone was shipped will be here tue bt 3 pm. This is in missouri so i dont know how the rest of the world is doing. it was about 7 days on the nose. They also gave me a fed-ex tracking number to keep track of it. Good luck people!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73