So you have a iPhone 3g... Happy? Not Happy?

Happy? Not so happy?

• Happy?

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • Not happy?

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
i'm a business people and i seldom use copy and paste...sorry. :)

Like other features that people harp on and seldom use... Wifi, gps, multitasking, etc.

But what would really make the iphone more appealing is if apple stops being so controlling. Let's see slingbox, netshare, etc. I don't like them saying what is and what isn't allowed. That's the main missing "feature" for me...

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I used copy and past all the time on my Curve. But like I said, I really don't care that the iPhone doesn't have it right now.

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
The only issue that I have is the sounds problem, SMS tones not working, and the ringer volume turning itself down all the time. Everything else about this phone is awesome!!!
It seems like everything on it works flawlessly, except the actual phone features. Still needs a little in that dept. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix the weird sound bugs.

kalahari#IM

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hey, it's not perfect but I've finally been able to retire my Palm device... Having useful apps on a device of this size with cell and wireless connectivity is just what I wanted. :D

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I'd have to say I'm completely happy with my iPhone! While away from the forums I've been testing out other touch screen devices, not because I want to switch, it's just because I love gadgets and wanted to see what was out there. I played with the LG DARE at Verizon and boy did it suck. It's touch screen isn't that responsive and internet on it is atrocious. I've also played with the Samsung Instinct. It's ok, honestly. I hate the haptic feedback that other touch screen phones offer. I think they offer that because they know it's screen isn't a responsive as the iPhone and they want the user to know when they touched something.

I love the iPhone. I've never seen a device that has such a clean interface, is simple to use, and is packed with so many features.

Anyone feel the same? Also has anyone here played with other touch screen phones? What are you thoughts? :D

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
i'm a business people and i seldom use copy and paste...sorry. :)

Like other features that people harp on and seldom use... Wifi, gps, multitasking, etc.

But what would really make the iphone more appealing is if apple stops being so controlling. Let's see slingbox, netshare, etc. I don't like them saying what is and what isn't allowed. That's the main missing "feature" for me...

Ya I wish it did have copy and paste, I think in due time it will. Hopefully ;)

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I had a bit of a rough period with my 3G with the crashing apps missing media problem but it's cleared up over the weekend. Now I totally love it and can't wait to see what goodies Apple has in store for us. On;y 5 more hours to go!!

javatyger#IM

Aug 25, 2008
www.twitter.com
what I like:
- I love the speed when on 3G and I love how it automatically connects to wifi networks that I have connected to in the past.
- this really is the ultimate media device - from gaming to surfing and listening to music, the iPhone kicks other devices butt.
- simplicity of use: the device is easy to use for any novice. I love that you can pick up on things so easily.

What I hate:
- email is not push; I'm lucky if my email updates at all(I use yahoo). 70% of the time the push will work, but seems like fetch only. The other 30% the email will not refresh and I have to a powercycle.
- crashing; you're on the browser checking out sites an all of the sudden it crashes and brings you back to the homepage. Same when using programs - random crashing
- 3G eats the battery way too quickly.
- no copy and paste! WTF.
- no arrows when trying to navigate typing fields or notes. Say I wanted to go back the top of what I just wrote here - I can't. The magnifying glass that appears when you hold your finger down does work but you can't scroll up in a text box. It's annoying.
- no stereo Bluetooth. Serious mistake on apple's part. It's an amazong media device. How can you not have stereo Bluetooth?
Return policy sucks with Rogers as do the plans. :-(

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'll be even happier when O2 increases its 3G coverage as it's a bit patchy at the moment. Usually, I end up switching to Edge as it's faster!

paulcb

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
what I like:

- no arrows when trying to navigate typing fields or notes. Say I wanted to go back the top of what I just wrote here - I can't. The magnifying glass that appears when you hold your finger down does work but you can't scroll up in a text box. It's annoying.
:-(

I just learned last night that you can scroll in a text box. One finger anywhere scrolls the whole page, two fingers inside the box scrolls just the box!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I wanted to bring this thread back to life for some of the newer iPhone 3g owners out there who had no idea this thread existed. Happy? Not happy? Let us know!

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
things i didnt know day i bought it but figured out quickly;
no video
no mms
no reminders
calendar cluncky
no easy way back to phone funtion
no first name look up
no nudges mail
no nudges voicemail
gps unusable
no descent memo
no gmail idle imap
itunes sound quality worse than many phones
no cut and paste
no cusomization

found out later:
problems with 3g network
cant recieved mms
cant send mail thru sms

iphone has a beautiful interface apps are fun
people say it is not for business but really it may be for those creative types (which i have always been considered) but it isnt for those who like innovation.
yes it takes pictures...but you can do little with them
tell me a creative type that cldnt take killer movies
and tell me anyone with friends who doesnt hate being able to hav a coversation with pictures and sound and video...
i mean i make movies on a mac, i am a photographer, i like innovations... this is not the ticket. while i love macs i refuse to love this crippled tool just cuz it has a picture of an apple on it.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm still loving it, yes I've had a few apps crash or freeze but it doesn't lead to several hours of trying to sort it out anymore. This is the first phone I've had that I can get so many extras for, for example, I've got a lot of photography apps that enable me to edit photos and then post them to various sites.

Okay, the iphone doesn't do MMS or video calls at the moment, but I've got no real use for them. I did have a Nokia that did video calls but as I didn't know anyone else that could send/receive video calls, it was a bit pointless.

The fact that my iphone can be improved by a software update rather than buying a new handset makes this a killer phone for me. Maybe the 4G iphone will have something special but, at the moment, I'm not even remotely interested in another model.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The fact that my iphone can be improved by a software update rather than buying a new handset makes this a killer phone for me.

That my friend is exactly what separates Apple from the rest. Updates. The device is not perfect no, but tell me one device that is perfect... No Treo, Windows Mobile phone, BlackBerry, etc...

How often does a firmware update come out to improve those devices? Not often. Apple is making an effort to keep improving the iPhone. And yes I've owned them all and still do.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
That's why I'm so happy with my iphone. Okay, it's my first proper smartphone but I've had WinCE PDAs before and they really sucked. I just love being able to do so many things with one device. I didn't bother to take my ipod out with me today as all my music was on my phone and, at the moment, I'm listening to radio via the BBC iplayer which now allows radio on the iphone (sorry non-UK users, it's just for use in the UK).

nicholas.ahn

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I just want to see a totally revamped mail app... Blackberry and other companies have gotten so much further by adding various functionality to their mail managers. An example is sending email from a different email adress then the inbox. Although there are ways around this, such simple functionality should not have been left out.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just want to see a totally revamped mail app... Blackberry and other companies have gotten so much further by adding various functionality to their mail managers. An example is sending email from a different email adress then the inbox. Although there are ways around this, such simple functionality should not have been left out.

Blackberry also lacks HTML emails... = Weak.

It goes both ways. ;)

charliej66

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I really like mine. I hesitated a long time before buying one and shouldn't have. It's an awesome phone. One of the things that I've read so much is how much people dislike the keyboard. I love it. I'm a little slower on it than on my BlackBerry, but I like it much more over all.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro