View Poll Results: Happy? Not so happy?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy?

57 91.94%
  • Not happy?

5 8.06%
    Even if it's a little sluggish sometimes, I can overlook it because the iPhone is so much better than my Treo 700wx. No matter how slow it responses, can't be worst than a WinMo device.
    07-15-2008 01:35 AM
    ash, i agree with the search on the contacts.. but its awefull at times... i know most of these problems are the "early adopter" curse... my father allways told me not to buy the first of the new model year [car].. but i hope 2.1 comes out soon with some correction to some of these issues... 4 days into this, i think i am going to start a list..

dont get me wrong... i'm in love
    When I went from the Treo PC desktop to Outlook, I purged a lot of old contacts. That said, I have been collecting them for three decades and they number in the thousands rather than the tens or hundreds. (They started as a flat text list in the CMS operating system. Storage was virtual, infinite, and free.) Perhaps I have more contacts in my file than most people. Search may not be optimized for me. On the other hand, I need it more than most. For me, any search beats scrolling on name.
    07-15-2008 08:48 AM
    Well, this is my first non-Treo smartphone (although the Treo 680 was just my first smartphone). I am very happy with it. Sure there are some things that the Treo did that I liked better, and it had many more applications for it. But I figure the applications will catch up, I am getting used to the virtual keyboard (not as hard as I thought it would be in the beginning) and IMO the features the iPhone DOES has are far and away much better. It is great to be able to actually feel like I am reading an email on my computer, or surfing the web.

Chris
    07-15-2008 08:58 AM
    Good luck over there... I've looked around in the forums and people seem pretty hostile at times there to people if they have something other than a BB.
    Yeah there are BB fanboys just like Apple fanboys, but we try to set them straight if there are coming across rude to nonberry users.
    07-15-2008 12:27 PM
    Yeah there are BB fanboys just like Apple fanboys, but we try to set them straight if there are coming across rude to nonberry users.
    That's one thing I have not seen much of here, which is always a good thing. Though I could point you in a direction where you'd get a LOT of Apple fanboys.
    07-15-2008 12:33 PM
    I'm TOTALLY happy. I'm new to the iphone. I'm a converted Blackberry users so for me the iphone 3g is GREAT. I have notice the battery life isnt that great compared to what I'm use to with the Blackberry but I will get over that very quickly. I have been in love with Apple for 1 year now. 6 months ago i got rid of both my PC computer and got a macbook pro and feel in love with Apple within 24 hours of buying my Macbook Pro. I want everything Apple creates. The one thing I can say that sucks about the iphone 3g is no video. But again......I can get over that.
    07-23-2008 07:13 AM
    I must be one of the few that has no problems with my iphone. Well aside from having an app crash thats about it. My contacts is fast. I guess maybe its because I don't have hundreds of them like some people might. I am just loving this phone.
    07-23-2008 09:36 AM
    I think the problems just seem bigger in the news then they actually are. I've had a few problems, but I didn't expect it to be perfect when buying a product the day it was released
    09-03-2008 05:25 PM
    70% happy 20% unhappy 10% don't know
    09-04-2008 05:49 AM
    Added a poll to this one...
    09-04-2008 11:05 AM
    I am not just happy with my iphone, I love it.
    09-04-2008 04:20 PM
    What are all the iPhone haters going to do when the 2.1 firmware comes out in a few weeks with new features and real (not 2.0.1 or 2.0.2) bugfixes! And if they put in copy / paste (which I dont see what all the fuss is about) then all those blackberry lovers are gonna be hurting
    09-04-2008 04:34 PM
    And if they put in copy / paste (which I dont see what all the fuss is about) then all those blackberry lovers are gonna be hurting
    It's kind of hard not to see the fuss. Apple wanted to make the iPhone usable by businesses, and their phone doesn't have a simple feature such as copy and paste, which business people use a lot, and people have been asking for ever since the first gen iPhone. Copy and paste isn't just useful for business people, but for everyone. Want to copy a link and send it to someone? Can't, need to type it out. Wan't to copy text from a website? Can't need to type it out. I sometimes look at my Curve and get a little envious, but I like my iPhone way too much just to get upset for missing this feature, and I won't jailbreak my iPhone just to get it.
    09-04-2008 04:59 PM
    Yeah, I mean I see how it can be useful, but people pointing it out as a reason not to buy the phone is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. But I have a pretty good feeling we'll see it in 2.1
    09-04-2008 09:27 PM
    oh I agree, I don't really care that it doesn't have it right now.
    09-05-2008 01:35 AM
    i'm a business people and i seldom use copy and paste...sorry.

Like other features that people harp on and seldom use... Wifi, gps, multitasking, etc.

But what would really make the iphone more appealing is if apple stops being so controlling. Let's see slingbox, netshare, etc. I don't like them saying what is and what isn't allowed. That's the main missing "feature" for me...
    09-05-2008 04:44 PM
    I used copy and past all the time on my Curve. But like I said, I really don't care that the iPhone doesn't have it right now.
    09-05-2008 04:58 PM
    The only issue that I have is the sounds problem, SMS tones not working, and the ringer volume turning itself down all the time. Everything else about this phone is awesome!!!
    It seems like everything on it works flawlessly, except the actual phone features. Still needs a little in that dept. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix the weird sound bugs.
    09-06-2008 09:29 PM
    Hey, it's not perfect but I've finally been able to retire my Palm device... Having useful apps on a device of this size with cell and wireless connectivity is just what I wanted.
    09-06-2008 09:34 PM
    I'd have to say I'm completely happy with my iPhone! While away from the forums I've been testing out other touch screen devices, not because I want to switch, it's just because I love gadgets and wanted to see what was out there. I played with the LG DARE at Verizon and boy did it suck. It's touch screen isn't that responsive and internet on it is atrocious. I've also played with the Samsung Instinct. It's ok, honestly. I hate the haptic feedback that other touch screen phones offer. I think they offer that because they know it's screen isn't a responsive as the iPhone and they want the user to know when they touched something.

I love the iPhone. I've never seen a device that has such a clean interface, is simple to use, and is packed with so many features.

Anyone feel the same? Also has anyone here played with other touch screen phones? What are you thoughts?
    09-07-2008 01:44 PM
    i'm a business people and i seldom use copy and paste...sorry.

Like other features that people harp on and seldom use... Wifi, gps, multitasking, etc.

But what would really make the iphone more appealing is if apple stops being so controlling. Let's see slingbox, netshare, etc. I don't like them saying what is and what isn't allowed. That's the main missing "feature" for me...
    Ya I wish it did have copy and paste, I think in due time it will. Hopefully
    09-07-2008 01:45 PM
    I had a bit of a rough period with my 3G with the crashing apps missing media problem but it's cleared up over the weekend. Now I totally love it and can't wait to see what goodies Apple has in store for us. On;y 5 more hours to go!!
    09-09-2008 08:14 AM
    what I like:
    - I love the speed when on 3G and I love how it automatically connects to wifi networks that I have connected to in the past.
    - this really is the ultimate media device - from gaming to surfing and listening to music, the iPhone kicks other devices butt.
    - simplicity of use: the device is easy to use for any novice. I love that you can pick up on things so easily.

What I hate:
    - email is not push; I'm lucky if my email updates at all(I use yahoo). 70% of the time the push will work, but seems like fetch only. The other 30% the email will not refresh and I have to a powercycle.
    - crashing; you're on the browser checking out sites an all of the sudden it crashes and brings you back to the homepage. Same when using programs - random crashing
    - 3G eats the battery way too quickly.
    - no copy and paste! WTF.
    - no arrows when trying to navigate typing fields or notes. Say I wanted to go back the top of what I just wrote here - I can't. The magnifying glass that appears when you hold your finger down does work but you can't scroll up in a text box. It's annoying.
    - no stereo Bluetooth. Serious mistake on apple's part. It's an amazong media device. How can you not have stereo Bluetooth?
    Return policy sucks with Rogers as do the plans. :-(
    09-09-2008 09:09 PM
    Wow, thats a lot of love for the iphone!
    09-10-2008 07:10 AM
    I'll be even happier when O2 increases its 3G coverage as it's a bit patchy at the moment. Usually, I end up switching to Edge as it's faster!
    09-10-2008 11:28 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD