iPhone 3G packaging, thinner?

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Apple seems to have a knack for making packaging on their products as thin as possible . . . take a look at the original iPod package and todays. Now that iPhone is in it's second generation do you think that they're going to make their package more compact . . . i know i do.

adamgoodie

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
well they are taking the dock out so that mean it could be thinnner and yeah the fact they like to make packaging thinner every year...

-adam

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
Looking at Apple's packaging trend I think it is a given that this generation of iPhone will have different, and likely smaller, packaging. As long as all those precious little iPhones are well protected it doesn't matter to me either way.

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
The less packaging, the less I have to shove into the top of my closet.

Amen. My closet's too full as it is. Still have my 2nd gen ipod box, and its much harder to store than my 2nd gen nano box. I don't know the size of the original iPhone's box, but I imagine its pretty compact like most cell phone boxes. Plus, the less packing, the less I have to tear through to get all the stuff:D.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
The less packaging, the less I have to shove into the top of my closet.

And I thought I was the only crazy who did this... and yes, it started as the top of my closet and is now the top and bottom. I think it is time to recycle... do I really need my Wii box? Guitar Hero Box? DSLR lens boxes? (Maybe those.. makes resell price higher) Cell phones in boxes from years past... "just in case"?

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
And I thought I was the only crazy who did this... and yes, it started as the top of my closet and is now the top and bottom. I think it is time to recycle... do I really need my Wii box? Guitar Hero Box? DSLR lens boxes? (Maybe those.. makes resell price higher) Cell phones in boxes from years past... "just in case"?

Nope your no the only one . . . but i may be the only crazy person who saves basically every bag i get, apple, pac sun, well basically any bag with a draw string... they do come in handy. some time i feel like i'm playing a giant game of tetris with my boxes :p

i must be really crazy because my original receipt is still taped to the box my iMac came in lol (i think the apple boxes are pretty)

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
I dont know if you guys have heard this . . but apple going to at least make the iPhone packaging a little greener. they plan on using potato starch based foam to cradle the coveted device in (instead of the plastic cradle that it cam in before).

all the details here

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Nope your no the only one . . . but i may be the only crazy person who saves basically every bag i get, apple, pac sun, well basically any bag with a draw string... they do come in handy. some time i feel like i'm playing a giant game of tetris with my boxes :p
Nope... save ALL bags too. The cool bags I covet, the paper grocery store bags I use to assist in cleaning the animal cage, and the plastic bags I use for various things but mostly to deliver things to people (leave things at my house... depending on how cool you are or how precious the thing is you left you are either getting a Target bag or a Bloomingdale's bag.)
Wow.. I am stranger than I thought. Don't I have at least twenty more years until I am middle age and crazy?

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Nope... save ALL bags too. The cool bags I covet, the paper grocery store bags I use to assist in cleaning the animal cage, and the plastic bags I use for various things but mostly to deliver things to people (leave things at my house... depending on how cool you are or how precious the thing is you left you are either getting a Target bag or a Bloomingdale's bag.)
Wow.. I am stranger than I thought. Don't I have at least twenty more years until I am middle age and crazy?

hahaha . . i'm the same way! i guess i just accept my insanity, i mean why wait to have all the fun when your middle aged :p

sometimes i'm hesitant to pick up the dog poo in my back yard with the nice target bags (and when i do i feel like i'm doing it in silky smooth plastic heaven :p). i know At least were crazy together h22kai.

sterling

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
hahaha . . i'm the same way! i guess i just accept my insanity, i mean why wait to have all the fun when your middle aged :p

sometimes i'm hesitant to pick up the dog poo in my back yard with the nice target bags (and when i do i feel like i'm doing it in silky smooth plastic heaven :p). i know At least were crazy together h22kai.

Yeah...Both of y'all are crazy. :D

hobyphone

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I bet they'll make it smaller too.

Apple's packaging is great—small, but still eye-catching. It's definitely a fairly recent development for them, though. My 4G iPod package was way too big—a cube (why is Steve so obsessed with cubes?). Very impractical case.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I only save Apple packages(which I do to make my closet look pretty) or major, non-apple, electrical appliance packaging(which I do for fear I'll need to return something). And I do most of my shopping online, so no bags. But when I do get a bag, I usually recycle it; I can't let myself clutter my house with stuff like that.

I read somewhere about packaging this go-around. It was something about recycled paper, but I imagine it will be as small as possible as well. Going green is money maker.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro