View Poll Results: At which store are you going to purchase the iPhone 3G?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple Store

14 37.84%
  • AT&T Store

23 62.16%
  • I'm not upgrading

0 0%
    If you are buying the new iPhone 3G. Where are you going to buy it Apple store or AT&T store?

I just came back from the AT&T store and got pre-approval. Woo-Hoo!!
    Last edited by hermdog; 07-02-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    07-02-2008 07:40 PM
    If you are buying the new iPhone 3G. Where are you going to buy it Apple store or AT&T store?
    Yes, probably. We'll see which one want's my business the most.
    07-02-2008 07:44 PM
    From the looks of it more people are going to the AT&T store, so I'm going to the Apple store hehe. No actually I'm going to the AT&T store. Seems like the Apple store wouldn't know what to do about activation.
    07-02-2008 10:45 PM
    My plan as of now is to go to the AT&T store. I just see that going a lot smoother in terms of activation and, at least around here, a much lower chance of having to stand in line. But I'm not going to go first thing in the morning so I'll wait and see what people are reporting in terms of what's happening at both stores to make my final decision. Frankly, I'd rather go to the Apple store ... people there are far more likely to have brains, unlike AT&T stores where you very well may get waited on by a 17-year-old without a clue.
    07-03-2008 08:25 AM
    My personal opinion is most people will go to a Apple store. The past few weeks around here I've noticed a few At&t stores that I never even paid any attention to or knew they were there.
    07-03-2008 08:37 AM
    Last year, my local AT&T store has 80 in stock and sold out in 90 minutes. The Apple store across the hall had more than 800 and didn't sell out that night.
    07-03-2008 08:41 AM
    I will buy my 3G iPhone at an Apple store. AT&T's greed disgusts me, and while I am already tainted by signing on for their services with the iPhone, I would rather not soil myself further by entering one of their establishments.

/sarcasm
    07-03-2008 12:04 PM
    I feel like fewer people will be hitting the AT&T stores, but then again, they may have the same idea I do.
    07-03-2008 08:09 PM
    I have no choice. There is only AT&T stores here.
    07-03-2008 09:19 PM
    I'd like to go to the Apple store (it's closer too), but I think I'll be better off going to the AT&T store as a new customer from Verizon.
    07-03-2008 09:50 PM
    I'm planning to go to an Apple Store. Haven't decided which one yet as there are two near me here in Milwaukee. Since it appears that the official release is 8am I'm also trying to decide if I'll line up "early", which would probably mean sometime around midnight at the latest to actually have a decent place in line. Although last year when the iPhone was launched our second local store had its grand opening simultaneously and if I remember right the line was completely gone by about 8 or 8:30, so there might be a chance that if I wait I could just walk in later in the day. Hmmmm......
    07-04-2008 01:07 AM
    I'm not surprised that more people are going to go to an AT&T store. I heard that when the first one was released, more people were blowin up the Apple stores b/c they didn't know that AT&T was selling them too. I'm going to an AT&T store; the nearest Apple store is too far away in Sacramento traffic and plus, the nearest AT&T store to me is literally a minute away =)
    07-04-2008 01:32 AM
    Your poll is missing the 4th option, for people like me, living in another country
    07-04-2008 03:58 PM
    I'd like to go to the Apple store (it's closer too), but I think I'll be better off going to the AT&T store as a new customer from Verizon.
    I can decide. Thought about AT&T because I am switching from Verizon and they seem like they might be able to help more (understanding porting the number, etc).
    07-04-2008 04:13 PM
    I wish I had that choice to make. The nearest Apple store to me is 4 hours away. So it's going to be an AT&T store. I actually have had nothing but great experiences at my local AT&T store, so I'm thinking it wont be too bad.
    07-05-2008 12:55 PM
    Im planning on going to an At&T store. Hopefully the lines wont be to long.
    07-05-2008 02:17 PM
    i'm going to the local AT&T store near 6am, if theres a line, im going to go home, back to sleep, and hit the apple store after the lunch time rush...
    07-05-2008 02:23 PM
    I'm going to an AT&T store; the nearest Apple store is too far away in Sacramento traffic and plus, the nearest AT&T store to me is literally a minute away =)
    yes, the Apple Store in Arden Fair Mall wall will be chaotic on that day
    07-05-2008 02:32 PM
    I'm going to an Apple store. I kind of want to be part of the whole "happening." Plus, I avoid AT&T stores like the plague. They just don't seem to get it the way Apple does. Even when Apple stores are busy, they're still a better customer experience than cell provider stores.
    07-05-2008 05:45 PM
    Seems like everyone is going to their local AT&T to get the new iPhone 3G. I think I might do the same because it seems like the Apple store is going to be a mad house.

What does everyone else think here? Which one will be more hectic, the Apple store or AT&T?
    07-06-2008 02:19 PM
    I'm on the fence about it... i think the Apple store will be busier, but have more stock, and the AT&T store in my area at least seems really dormant. They've also told me that I must be online early, or they will sell out quickly; I guess based on last years experience.

I'm going to start out at the local AT&T store, and if its too busy, and it looks like they're going to sell out, I'm going to go to the Apple store...
    07-06-2008 02:27 PM
    Yea it does seem like the Apple store is going to have more stock.
    07-06-2008 02:35 PM
    The AT&T store will definitely be busier because of how painfully slow each of their employees are.
    07-06-2008 02:48 PM
    I wasn't around for last years launch but I imagine there's going to be nothing but chaos at AT&T or Apple, at least for quite a while.
    07-06-2008 03:24 PM
    I said this in another thread and I'll say it here:
    I'm guessing that a lot of people on this forum might be shocked to see very few lines. Think about it. This is no where near as big as the first iPhone. Not even close. We are also a less than a week away. How many commercials or any other kind of advertising have you seen so far? Nada...

*Also added a poll to this thread...
    *My fault... I thought I saw a poll like this already... closed this one. Sorry.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 07-06-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    07-06-2008 03:38 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD