Where are you buying the iPhone 3G

At which store are you going to purchase the iPhone 3G?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
If you are buying the new iPhone 3G. Where are you going to buy it Apple store or AT&T store?

I just came back from the AT&T store and got pre-approval. Woo-Hoo!!

Last edited:

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
From the looks of it more people are going to the AT&T store, so I'm going to the Apple store ;) hehe. No actually I'm going to the AT&T store. Seems like the Apple store wouldn't know what to do about activation.

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
My plan as of now is to go to the AT&T store. I just see that going a lot smoother in terms of activation and, at least around here, a much lower chance of having to stand in line. But I'm not going to go first thing in the morning so I'll wait and see what people are reporting in terms of what's happening at both stores to make my final decision. Frankly, I'd rather go to the Apple store ... people there are far more likely to have brains, unlike AT&T stores where you very well may get waited on by a 17-year-old without a clue.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My personal opinion is most people will go to a Apple store. The past few weeks around here I've noticed a few At&t stores that I never even paid any attention to or knew they were there.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Last year, my local AT&T store has 80 in stock and sold out in 90 minutes. The Apple store across the hall had more than 800 and didn't sell out that night.

GaryUSC

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
I will buy my 3G iPhone at an Apple store. AT&T's greed disgusts me, and while I am already tainted by signing on for their services with the iPhone, I would rather not soil myself further by entering one of their establishments.

/sarcasm

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I'm planning to go to an Apple Store. Haven't decided which one yet as there are two near me here in Milwaukee. Since it appears that the official release is 8am I'm also trying to decide if I'll line up "early", which would probably mean sometime around midnight at the latest to actually have a decent place in line. Although last year when the iPhone was launched our second local store had its grand opening simultaneously and if I remember right the line was completely gone by about 8 or 8:30, so there might be a chance that if I wait I could just walk in later in the day. Hmmmm......

michi_love

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I'm not surprised that more people are going to go to an AT&T store. I heard that when the first one was released, more people were blowin up the Apple stores b/c they didn't know that AT&T was selling them too. I'm going to an AT&T store; the nearest Apple store is too far away in Sacramento traffic and plus, the nearest AT&T store to me is literally a minute away =)

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I'd like to go to the Apple store (it's closer too), but I think I'll be better off going to the AT&T store as a new customer from Verizon.

I can decide. Thought about AT&T because I am switching from Verizon and they seem like they might be able to help more (understanding porting the number, etc).

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I wish I had that choice to make. The nearest Apple store to me is 4 hours away. So it's going to be an AT&T store. I actually have had nothing but great experiences at my local AT&T store, so I'm thinking it wont be too bad.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i'm going to the local AT&T store near 6am, if theres a line, im going to go home, back to sleep, and hit the apple store after the lunch time rush...

hobyphone

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to an Apple store. I kind of want to be part of the whole "happening." Plus, I avoid AT&T stores like the plague. They just don't seem to get it the way Apple does. Even when Apple stores are busy, they're still a better customer experience than cell provider stores.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Which store do you think will be more chaotic? Apple or AT&T?

Seems like everyone is going to their local AT&T to get the new iPhone 3G. I think I might do the same because it seems like the Apple store is going to be a mad house.

What does everyone else think here? Which one will be more hectic, the Apple store or AT&T?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods