Where are you buying the iPhone 3G

At which store are you going to purchase the iPhone 3G?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
***Merged 3 threads here. All 3 are discussing where people are going to pick up there phone come July 11th.

Last edited:

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
last year apple said they sold out but got another shipment in each day, so they always had them in stock. do you think it will be painfully slow to activate each phone?

another question, the family plan is in a family member's name, can i use those family plan minutes for my iphone minutes? and if i am armed with their social security number, can i make changes to the account, or do they have to be there or on phone?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
last year apple said they sold out but got another shipment in each day, so they always had them in stock. do you think it will be painfully slow to activate each phone?

another question, the family plan is in a family member's name, can i use those family plan minutes for my iphone minutes? and if i am armed with their social security number, can i make changes to the account, or do they have to be there or on phone?

To answer your second question I'd say call at&t and have the account holder put you down to make changes to the account. I'm pretty sure they can do that.

circuitry

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I live right next to a huge outdoor mall that has both an Apple Store and an AT&T store in it. Assuming I magically become eligible to upgrade before Friday, I don't know what I'm going to do as far as deciding which store I should go to. Also, I live in Naples, Florida which, because it's not "season", there are dramatically fewer people + tourists here (tourists are not people, btw). So I have no idea how crowded the stores will be.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I live right next to a huge outdoor mall that has both an Apple Store and an AT&T store in it. Assuming I magically become eligible to upgrade before Friday, I don't know what I'm going to do as far as deciding which store I should go to. Also, I live in Naples, Florida which, because it's not "season", there are dramatically fewer people + tourists here (tourists are not people, btw). So I have no idea how crowded the stores will be.

Are you referring to that outdoor mall in Fort Myers?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just a word of caution to anyone going to a At&t store... according to this link from At&t's website NOT all of their stores will be carrying the iPhone... I was not aware that there were stores that did not carry it. Just don't want to see someone waste their morning by going to a store that doesn't even carry it. That would be a bummer...

iPhone Store Locator - Find out where to buy the iPhone exclusively at AT&T/Cingular

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Just a word of caution to anyone going to a At&t store... according to this link from At&t's website NOT all of their stores will be carrying the iPhone... I was not aware that there were stores that did not carry it. Just don't want to see someone waste their morning by going to a store that doesn't even carry it. That would be a bummer...

iPhone Store Locator - Find out where to buy the iPhone exclusively at AT&T/Cingular

I believe (although am not 100% positive) that the only thing this search does differently than the original "Store Locator" is that it takes away authorized agents for the search. Since only Branded Apple and AT&T stores can carry the iPhone your Mom and Pop Wireless companies can not.

Go to your link and do the search then do the search again using the "Find a Store" link (also on the link you provided in the section under "What to expect."

I think AT&T was smart to do this as very few people in the US understand that an authorized agent is different than a Carrier Branded store. (I know this as I worked for an authorized agent for years and people still didn't get it even after it was explained to them 10 times. "BUT IT SAYS VERIZON ON THE DOOR, ON THE PHONES, ON THE SIGN, etc. etc.")
Everyone I know thinks there are three AT&Ts in our town. There are none. (There is one 20 minutes away though.)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I believe (although am not 100% positive) that the only thing this search does differently than the original "Store Locator" is that it takes away authorized agents for the search. Since only Branded Apple and AT&T stores can carry the iPhone your Mom and Pop Wireless companies can not.

Go to your link and do the search then do the search again using the "Find a Store" link (also on the link you provided in the section under "What to expect."

I think AT&T was smart to do this as very few people in the US understand that an authorized agent is different than a Carrier Branded store. (I know this as I worked for an authorized agent for years and people still didn't get it even after it was explained to them 10 times. "BUT IT SAYS VERIZON ON THE DOOR, ON THE PHONES, ON THE SIGN, etc. etc.")
Everyone I know thinks there are three AT&Ts in our town. There are none. (There is one 20 minutes away though.)

I'm sure there will be people who are really ticked off come July 11th... You know it will happen... :-/

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site

This is is something to definitely be aware off. I did this search and thhen actually went to the AT&T store to confirm. I also saw that they had demo 1st gen iPhones.

Billsteve

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Will AT&T stores run out of 3gs on the 11th?

I really don't know. a better question might be if they run out the first two weeks, or maybe the first month.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
since I am currently an AT&T customer and am eligible for the upgrade, that is where I will go. I also get a discount because of where I work and I would want to be sure it gets applied. After thinking about it, I don't think there is an Apple store anywhere near me so it's a mute point.

Sinistar

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If I had my choice I'd go to an Apple store but none around where I live. My local ATT store seems to be run by monkeys. I walked in the other day (the day of the iReady announcement) to do the credit check. When I asked about it, it got quiet and all 3 employees just stared at me, and one of them told me to come back on the 11th and they'll do the credit check before I buy. I explained to them about the iReady deal and they still looked at me as I'm crazy, one of them started chuckling. Then I noticed a big stack of iReady paperwork right in front on them on the desk and I told the manager to read it. One of the workers actually asked me how did I know about it before they did lol.

So ya, I would surely choose an Apple store if there was one around, much better environment I'd assume.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73