Has anyone seen the video yet? Glad I got to actually see an iPhone 3G besides the pictures. Also it's for sure that AT&T will sell the iPhone 3G on July 11th 8AM. There goes that 6PM rumor...
    07-01-2008 10:50 AM
    i watched the begining, and it was basically the same.
    i know! 8am is awesome. my day is made with all the announcements. they are begining to answer our crys for information.
    whatwhat!?
    07-01-2008 11:21 AM
    It's great for me as I get off work at 6am and 10 minutes away from there, perfect timing . I'll just hang out at Walmart next door til then, if not much of a line.
    07-01-2008 03:48 PM
    I'm probably going to hang outside my local AT&T store at around 6 AM. Maybe bring some food with me. The mere fact that the iPhone is 10 days away makes me very excited.

Also, if you watched the AT&T iReady videos... how cheesy did you think they were? Between horrible camera switches and lame transitions I thought AT&T could have done a better job for sure.
    07-01-2008 05:38 PM
    Who announced the 8AM and where?
    07-01-2008 09:13 PM
    If the phone goes on sale at 8 am, then iTunes will need to be updated before then, maybe early next week? It seems likely that the 2.0 update for original iPhone owners may happen before 8 am on the 11th.
    07-01-2008 09:44 PM
    Thank God it's 8 am. Better to wait in the morning than in the afternoon, when the temperature is higher
    07-02-2008 11:48 AM
    Who announced the 8AM and where?
    search iReady in youTube, it's AT&T's way of clearing up what the cost of the phone is going to be based on your contract situation. They also say that 8 am local time is the official release.
    07-02-2008 12:37 PM
    I should fly across the world to get it early. Where is the earliest place I can get it? While I'm stuck iPhone-less, it's going to be hell watching international bloggers post about it.
    07-02-2008 09:15 PM
    I should fly across the world to get it early. Where is the earliest place I can get it? While I'm stuck iPhone-less, it's going to be hell watching international bloggers post about it.
    LOL i'm obsessed . . . but i think you have me beat :P
    07-02-2008 11:45 PM
    Isn't it a lot better for them to just start selling a product when the stores open at the regular time on a regular day. What were they thinking last year, when they started selling the iPhone at 6??? I'm sure their employees hated their policy.
    07-03-2008 12:05 PM
    Hype = marketing = Apple. It's just one of their strengths, and it sure does bring everyone out at the same time.
    07-03-2008 12:59 PM
    new zealend (sp?) i think. the earliest place will have it almost a day before the us.
    07-03-2008 01:52 PM
    They go on sale at 8AM and I'll be lining up several hours in advance. Trying to decide, do I go at 12? 4? 6? I won't be going alone so it'll depend a lot on what the rest of my party wants to do, but I'm totally game for heading down there at midnight and waiting it out!
    07-04-2008 01:38 AM
    I'm thinking 6am. But then I start thinking, will there really be that many people? Since they have the whole day to come and buy it. I can see where lines would form for a 6pm launch for the 1st iPhone. Everyone wanted the new unknown device. The anticipation was palpable. It was all over the news. But two things have changed. #1 the time and #2 it's not that unknown anymore. Basically I think that mostly the people that decided to skip the 1st phone are the ones that are most excited about it. From reading different forums it appears that the majority of 1st time buyers are not as excited because of added cost and not enough changes to sway them. Part of the changes is software based and first gen phones will get that also. I will probably get up early, if anything because I won't be able to sleep.

To camp out or not camp out? That is the question!
    07-04-2008 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD