New iPhone (the next iPhone after iPhone 3G)

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
I went into AT&T last night to look at the 3g. (I'm up for an upgrade and I have a 2g.) Like normal, one of the guys came up and asked if he could be of any help. told him I'm looking to upgrade, he asked why I was wanting to upgrade to a 3g when I already have the 2g. I mentioned the 3.0 software, the MMS capabilities not being able to work on the 2g, etc. He was like "oh really? that sucks.." He had heard that they might be charging extra on the 2g for MMS to work ($10-15) but that it would still be able to work.

We got to talking (turns out he has a 2g himself) and he mentioned (quietly and with his back to the rest of the room I might add) that I might want to wait until 3.0 is officially released (he mentioned June) before upgrading. There is supposed to be a 32g being released and also a 4g "starter" iphone. The 4g is supposed to be a bit smaller, and the browser will only be able to view mobile versions of pages rather than the way iphones do now.

In light of this, I'll probably still go ahead and get the 3g and then be happy with the 3.0 software. As much as it would be neat to have the brand new model when its released, I really dont think I'd ever use that much space lol. My 20g ipod isn't even completely full!

He said the only reason he told me this was "because you seem to have done your homework" lol. He knew about jailbreaking (was at one time too), cydia, etc.

Last edited:

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
I went into AT&T last night to look at the 3g. (I'm up for an upgrade and I have a 2g.) Like normal, one of the guys came up and asked if he could be of any help. told him I'm looking to upgrade, he asked why I was wanting to upgrade to a 3g when I already have the 2g. I mentioned the 3.0 software, the MMS capabilities not being able to work on the 2g, etc. He was like "oh really? that sucks.." He had heard that they might be charging extra on the 2g for MMS to work ($10-15) but that it would still be able to work.

We got to talking (turns out he has a 2g himself) and he mentioned (quietly and with his back to the rest of the room I might add) that I might want to wait until 3.0 is officially released (he mentioned June) before upgrading. There is supposed to be a 32g being released and also a 4g "starter" iphone. The 4g is supposed to be a bit smaller, and the browser will only be able to view mobile versions of pages rather than the way iphones do now.

In light of this, I'll probably still go ahead and get the 3g and then be happy with the 3.0 software. As much as it would be neat to have the brand new model when its released, I really dont think I'd ever use that much space lol. My 20g ipod isn't even completely full!

He said the only reason he told me this was "because you seem to have done your homework" lol. He knew about jailbreaking (was at one time too),

Very interesting... Any idea if this guy was a manager or something?

tonybove

Mar 27, 2009
www.tonybove.com
I would like to see faster, more efficient chips (and more RAM) to run multiple apps at the same time -- as it is now, multitasking would eat up too much battery power (as it does on other phones). A higher-res camera is likely, though it won't really improve photos that much -- you need better lighting to improve shots a lot more than you need higher resolution. And what about all those rumors of a larger touchscreen, tablet-sized? What would be nice is a a full-on tablet with Wi-Fi, 3G, full OS X, etc. but that would take sales away from the Macbook Air (which needs 3G).

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree with most of what you said here, except the size of the screen.

I would like to have a cell phone in my pocket, not a tablet.

Zach9212

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
New iPhone

The feature I would want most is a longer battery life, but I don't want the new one to come out too soon, because I haven't had the 3G for that long

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I just wonder what they're going to do about people who have the iPhone 3G, they can't give people the subsidy price again. That would be a bad business move given they are still paying for what they lost letting 1st gen owners upgrade (even though I don't get that because everyone that bought a 1st gen paid full price, hence not losing ANY subsidy money).

Either way - the trade-in program in my opinion is a waste. You could get more on eBay or CL

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Pffft you guys think too small in terms of storage.

I want to see 512gig iPhone, my music library is over 2 terabytes as we speak so having 16 gigs right now is WAY too small. Even 512gig would be small but it seems doable. I'd pay well over $2000 for that.

Like many other, I want to see a much better camera. Actually I won't even complain about the resolution but I just really want flash. And I think they should have made the top (above the camera) into a strong led flashlight or something.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Pffft you guys think too small in terms of storage.

I want to see 512gig iPhone, my music library is over 2 terabytes as we speak so having 16 gigs right now is WAY too small. Even 512gig would be small but it seems doable. I'd pay well over $2000 for that.

Like many other, I want to see a much better camera. Actually I won't even complain about the resolution but I just really want flash. And I think they should have made the top (above the camera) into a strong led flashlight or something.

512GB just isn't feasible at all right now. Also, just becuase you have 2TB of music doesn't mean everyone does...you are the exception. Apple doesn't make products for the exception, they make for the masses. I have a 37GB library of music which I think is a lot compared to my friends that only have like 2GB. So technically I'm an exception compared to my friends, but not when compared to you :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods