New iPhone (the next iPhone after iPhone 3G)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I remember when HD was new and cool, but now the HD word is being thrown around way to much. If you are at 720p doesn't mean you are really in HD. The bit rates and lots of other things factor in.

I think in a year or so we might have HD for current HD and XHD for XXXXTREME!!!!! High Definition for blu ray type bit rate and quality :) :)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I would like to see increased bluetooth connectivity. Connecting via bluetooth for ringtone transfer, playing games, sync with computer, etc.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
More features is pretty much mutually exclusive to longer battery life, outside the engineering-free universe of the human imagination.

Better camera means thicker phone. Removable battery means thicker phone. A2DP means more battery drain. HD means more battery drain.

3G phones already last less than a day. Will 4G make it an hour?!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I wonder how much of the "new" iPhone will be hardware based, and how much will be software/firmware based.

After all, with the iPhone 3G, one of the biggest plugs was teh App store, which original iPhone users got as well with their firmware update.

Chris

i_betyar

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Cum in your pants features!

• "Anti-Grav" - So when you drop it, it recovers and hovers a foot from the floor.
  • "Memory wipe" - Like in 'Men in Black".
  • "Radar-Detector" - For people with fast cars.

kiancheong

Nov 18, 2008
www.onemoretap.com
I'd love to see user-replaceable battery for the new iPhone. I'm very used to pulling out and putting in batteries (I do quite a number of testings using handsets at my day-job) and it should make sense for them to allow users to do that.

And with Apple engineering, I'm sure they can find a way not to make the iPhone any thicker. :)

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The Next Generation of iPhone

I know I know--you're mad because this isn't news of the next iPhone. I apologize in advance. :eek:

I am very curious as to when everyone thinks or maybe even knows :rolleyes: when the next generation of iPhone will be available to us all.

I say in the next 2-3 years we can expect a new iPhone that can basically live life for us ha :D

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Well, the iPhone lifecycle is June. So, maybe this June we will see the iPhone Nano? and next June the iPhone Gen3?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd bet there will be a new one sometime in June / July :)

I also have the feeling that 2.3 will not be coming and instead the next update will 3.0 with the release of the 3.0 iPhone.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Wow, June or July? That would be awesome! :D

I wonder how they'll change it not only hardware-wise but externally also. Will it be slimmer? Harder? Shaped differently?

I just hope Apple stays on the right track as they have, for the most part, been on as far as designing awesome technology goes.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
My guess is that there will probably be a bump up in storage capacity. Maybe built-in Nike+ support like the Touch.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I was one of those lunatics that waited in line for the 3G on opening day...IIRC, it was Friday July 13? I remember coming armed with nothing more than my Treo 700p and learning the hard way that even in the heart of summer, it STILL gets cold during the early morning hours in Chicago. ;)

As it stands right now, I can't say I'll be doing that again (I'll just wait a few months before getting generation 3), but you never know if the madness will overcome me again...;)

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My guess is that there will probably be a bump up in storage capacity. Maybe built-in Nike+ support like the Touch.

I would think the same. Although, I don't know if I would need more than 16Gb for the phone...at least not while I have MobileMe. :)

I was one of those lunatics that waited in line for the 3G on opening day...IIRC, it was Friday July 13? I remember coming armed with nothing more than my Treo 700p and learning the hard way that even in the heart of summer, it STILL gets cold during the early morning hours in Chicago. ;)

As it stands right now, I can't say I'll be doing that again (I'll just wait a few months before getting generation 3), but you never know if the madness will overcome me again...;)

Lunatic? No, that is dedication sir. ;) If you do it, I'll do it. I should mention I am far south of you but we could do a contest perhaps?

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
@MrEClass,

We'll see. The biggest difference is that last year I was eager to dump my Treo of 2 years and try the new iPhone (having never had one before). This time around, I'm satisfied with the 3G-in fact, I'm hardly done playing with it (having only had it since last July), so I'm not in a hurry to buy a new phone just yet.

@Surf:

IIRC, Apple's exclusivity contract with AT&T ends in 2010 (?) so it wouldn't be for a while.

Last edited:

xpunksbeendeadx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Well don't forget how Verizon snubbed Apple. Realistically I don't see a reason for Apple to need to go to Verizon. There definitely hasn't been a lack of success for the iPhone with At&t.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
I also hope they have it for verizon so I can go back. The At&t plan isnt to good in my area.

I live in southern California and AT&T is by far the worst carrier to have. Everyone I know complains about the horrible customer service and how they never have a signal on their phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner