I don't see the screen getting any bigger, particularly if they have to work in a second camera as you requested.

OLED technology is really coming along and would help with the size, weight, and battery life as it does not require a backlight, not to mention the fact that it would look incredible. I'm sure that this would be far to expensive for now but will become more common and cost effective in the not too distant future.
    02-09-2009 02:11 PM
    If we're talking about the next iPhone instead of software update.

I'll go for stuff like
    - More memory for my hungry apps and multitask
    - Improved camera
    - Battery
    02-12-2009 01:39 PM
    jeez another Blackberry is coming out ha.. I want this 2.3 update. I'd say we would get a big software update but we'll see
    02-12-2009 07:58 PM
    Have you guys seen this?:

Leaked Photos of Next Generation iPhone? - Mac Rumors

Looks like maybe the next gen iphone will not be shiny, which means fewer drops and fewer fingerprints! I have always been a lover of anti-glare screen protectors on mine because of the improved feel and look, so this is pretty exciting to me.

Also doesn't look like there is a place for a camera flash
    02-15-2009 07:37 PM
    Have you guys seen this?:

Leaked Photos of Next Generation iPhone? - Mac Rumors

Looks like maybe the next gen iphone will not be shiny, which means fewer drops and fewer fingerprints! I have always been a lover of anti-glare screen protectors on mine because of the improved feel and look, so this is pretty exciting to me.

Also doesn't look like there is a place for a camera flash
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/02...e-leaks-start/
    02-15-2009 08:07 PM
    Touche'. Fashionably late I suppose...
    02-15-2009 10:48 PM
    If we're talking about the next iPhone instead of software update.

I'll go for stuff like
    - More memory for my hungry apps and multitask
    - Improved camera
    - Battery
    Seriously that's all you need!
    02-19-2009 06:10 PM
    At least 5.0 mp !!!
    02-23-2009 08:22 AM
    I would settle for a camera just above 3.2 mp^^
    02-23-2009 12:15 PM
    I would settle for a camera just above 3.2 mp^^
    I could see a 5mp camera if Apple is going to be doing a major hardware update. If it's small like a 32gig option then I would expect a 3.2 mp camera.
    02-24-2009 01:51 PM
    So expect the new model at the end of this summer!!!
    03-31-2009 04:10 AM
    I went into AT&T last night to look at the 3g. (I'm up for an upgrade and I have a 2g.) Like normal, one of the guys came up and asked if he could be of any help. told him I'm looking to upgrade, he asked why I was wanting to upgrade to a 3g when I already have the 2g. I mentioned the 3.0 software, the MMS capabilities not being able to work on the 2g, etc. He was like "oh really? that sucks.." He had heard that they might be charging extra on the 2g for MMS to work ($10-15) but that it would still be able to work.

We got to talking (turns out he has a 2g himself) and he mentioned (quietly and with his back to the rest of the room I might add) that I might want to wait until 3.0 is officially released (he mentioned June) before upgrading. There is supposed to be a 32g being released and also a 4g "starter" iphone. The 4g is supposed to be a bit smaller, and the browser will only be able to view mobile versions of pages rather than the way iphones do now.

In light of this, I'll probably still go ahead and get the 3g and then be happy with the 3.0 software. As much as it would be neat to have the brand new model when its released, I really dont think I'd ever use that much space lol. My 20g ipod isn't even completely full!

He said the only reason he told me this was "because you seem to have done your homework" lol. He knew about jailbreaking (was at one time too), cydia, etc.
    Last edited by babydol; 04-02-2009 at 06:18 PM.
    04-02-2009 01:31 PM
    I went into AT&T last night to look at the 3g. (I'm up for an upgrade and I have a 2g.) Like normal, one of the guys came up and asked if he could be of any help. told him I'm looking to upgrade, he asked why I was wanting to upgrade to a 3g when I already have the 2g. I mentioned the 3.0 software, the MMS capabilities not being able to work on the 2g, etc. He was like "oh really? that sucks.." He had heard that they might be charging extra on the 2g for MMS to work ($10-15) but that it would still be able to work.

We got to talking (turns out he has a 2g himself) and he mentioned (quietly and with his back to the rest of the room I might add) that I might want to wait until 3.0 is officially released (he mentioned June) before upgrading. There is supposed to be a 32g being released and also a 4g "starter" iphone. The 4g is supposed to be a bit smaller, and the browser will only be able to view mobile versions of pages rather than the way iphones do now.

In light of this, I'll probably still go ahead and get the 3g and then be happy with the 3.0 software. As much as it would be neat to have the brand new model when its released, I really dont think I'd ever use that much space lol. My 20g ipod isn't even completely full!

He said the only reason he told me this was "because you seem to have done your homework" lol. He knew about jailbreaking (was at one time too),
    Very interesting... Any idea if this guy was a manager or something?
    04-02-2009 03:33 PM
    Very interesting... Any idea if this guy was a manager or something?
    No, according to the business card he gave me he's just a sales consultant.
    04-02-2009 06:18 PM
    No, according to the business card he gave me he's just a sales consultant.
    Then he probably doesn't know any more than we do!!
    04-02-2009 06:54 PM
    I would like to see faster, more efficient chips (and more RAM) to run multiple apps at the same time -- as it is now, multitasking would eat up too much battery power (as it does on other phones). A higher-res camera is likely, though it won't really improve photos that much -- you need better lighting to improve shots a lot more than you need higher resolution. And what about all those rumors of a larger touchscreen, tablet-sized? What would be nice is a a full-on tablet with Wi-Fi, 3G, full OS X, etc. but that would take sales away from the Macbook Air (which needs 3G).
    04-03-2009 08:44 PM
    I agree with most of what you said here, except the size of the screen.

I would like to have a cell phone in my pocket, not a tablet.
    04-04-2009 01:51 AM
    I would like to have a cell phone in my pocket, not a tablet.
    I agree, anything bigger than the first iPhone would be a little bit too big.
    04-04-2009 04:10 PM
    The feature I would want most is a longer battery life, but I don't want the new one to come out too soon, because I haven't had the 3G for that long
    04-05-2009 12:46 PM
    The feature I would want most is a longer battery life, but I don't want the new one to come out too soon, because I haven't had the 3G for that long
    The word right now is expect the new phone to come out at then end of the summer.
    04-05-2009 03:37 PM
    I just wonder what they're going to do about people who have the iPhone 3G, they can't give people the subsidy price again. That would be a bad business move given they are still paying for what they lost letting 1st gen owners upgrade (even though I don't get that because everyone that bought a 1st gen paid full price, hence not losing ANY subsidy money).

Either way - the trade-in program in my opinion is a waste. You could get more on eBay or CL
    04-05-2009 04:12 PM
    i hope i can afford it....I thought the 3G was awesome,,,this is even better
    04-05-2009 07:39 PM
    hope it will be presented on next june
    04-08-2009 09:38 AM
    Pffft you guys think too small in terms of storage.

I want to see 512gig iPhone, my music library is over 2 terabytes as we speak so having 16 gigs right now is WAY too small. Even 512gig would be small but it seems doable. I'd pay well over $2000 for that.

Like many other, I want to see a much better camera. Actually I won't even complain about the resolution but I just really want flash. And I think they should have made the top (above the camera) into a strong led flashlight or something.
    04-08-2009 11:23 AM
    Pffft you guys think too small in terms of storage.

I want to see 512gig iPhone, my music library is over 2 terabytes as we speak so having 16 gigs right now is WAY too small. Even 512gig would be small but it seems doable. I'd pay well over $2000 for that.

Like many other, I want to see a much better camera. Actually I won't even complain about the resolution but I just really want flash. And I think they should have made the top (above the camera) into a strong led flashlight or something.
    512GB just isn't feasible at all right now. Also, just becuase you have 2TB of music doesn't mean everyone does...you are the exception. Apple doesn't make products for the exception, they make for the masses. I have a 37GB library of music which I think is a lot compared to my friends that only have like 2GB. So technically I'm an exception compared to my friends, but not when compared to you
    04-08-2009 12:07 PM
105 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD