A funny thing: there was a 4G iPhone ad in my local Craig's List. It was the original iPhone and probably on accident, but I chuckled.
    Probably a 4GB... the poster was prolly thinking four gig and put 4G.

I see the iPhone 4G having video conferencing and video calls. That is enough to make nearly everyone want to upgrade.
    08-03-2008 12:00 PM
    Maybe some of the big things will include:
    Shrinkable, foldable iphone?
    I heard there were a new kind of battery that can make a computer last for days, maybe something similar for the iphone?
    Iphone camera shooting laser beams?.... Ok that isn't going to happen.

Hmm... People seem to buy iphone for the features, but other phones are usually bought for the "phone" itself. No one seems to care about the network. It is possible that apple or AT&T will add a new feature of the network?

Something similar to the app store upgrade, but a little different.
    Intel is making a new kind of chip, but maybe new ones will come out for the iphone.
    Conference calls.
    Camera being able to go on front or back.

Just think of all the upgrades that they did last time, and then try to find out how to make those better.
    Last edited by alexlin9008; 08-21-2008 at 10:19 AM.
    08-21-2008 10:10 AM
    I think the next gen iPhone will be available in multiple colors, but I don't think there will be much of an upgrade beyond that and making it faster.
    08-27-2008 12:15 AM
    I'd like to see them make what they have better, not necessarily new features. Longer battery, better gps apps, faster 3g,

Oh and better apps. Aside from a few games and streaming apps, apple's control over them is old and could get me to switch to another later. Slingbox comes to mind, tethering app, etc. It's getting pathetic having to sort through all the trash apps to find maybe 4-5 decent ones.

What apple has going for them is what they need to keep in mind. The whole experience of the touch screen, how easy it is to navigate, screen res, great kb, browser, etc.

Keep in mind as well, some say opera on the touch diamond is a better web experience than the iphone 3g. If that Diamond responds well to touch, isn't too sluggish, and can be used to type with well, ..well let's just say apple has work to do. Even so, the touch pro could alleviate that kb concern. But in the end, i can tweak the diamond, run the apps i really want, not to mention be on a much faster, cheaper network.
    08-27-2008 08:59 AM
    I'd like to see them make what they have better, not necessarily new features. Longer battery, better gps apps, faster 3g,

Oh and better apps. Aside from a few games and streaming apps, apple's control over them is old and could get me to switch to another later. Slingbox comes to mind, tethering app, etc. It's getting pathetic having to sort through all the trash apps to find maybe 4-5 decent ones.

What apple has going for them is what they need to keep in mind. The whole experience of the touch screen, how easy it is to navigate, screen res, great kb, browser, etc.

Keep in mind as well, some say opera on the touch diamond is a better web experience than the iphone 3g. If that Diamond responds well to touch, isn't too sluggish, and can be used to type with well, ..well let's just say apple has work to do. Even so, the touch pro could alleviate that kb concern. But in the end, i can tweak the diamond, run the apps i really want, not to mention be on a much faster, cheaper network.
    I'm sure things like longer battery life, faster data, etc will be things that are improved on for sure. As for the issues with the apps and app store you mention, I think that is what will happen when you open up the door to developers. No different on any other video game console or pc/mac. Some programs are pure garbage while some are golden. But just because they are garbage does not mean they don't belong there. Someone will buy it no matter what.
    08-27-2008 10:35 AM
    cool. there, now I have 10 posts.
    09-26-2008 09:57 PM
    1. Better camera at least 3 megapixels only if apple wants to compare to other companies.
    2.Better resolution screen
    3.slightly bigger screen(maybe)
    4.louder speakers
    5.Bluetooth 2.1+edr so you can transfer files without jailbreaking it
    6.Gps with turn by turn directions with the maps made by garmin or tomtom
    7.Better colors for back of it and definitely more scratch resistance
    8.Lighter it would feel much better in pocket.
    9.Better cpu chips.
    10.I would hopefully expect to find a slide out keyboard (PLEASE APPLE)
    11.MMS
    12.Video Messaging
    13.Please no chrome bezels(it gets scratched so much and people notice it..)
    14.Less bugs
    15.Also At&t should fix their 3g problems and make it faster anyway they could

Also it would be awesome by customizing your software so you could add your own features without apple judging it.
    10-22-2008 10:50 PM
    10.I would hopefully expect to find a slide out keyboard (PLEASE APPLE)
    I'd bet my life savings (not much) that this will never happen
    10-23-2008 01:10 AM
    That iPhone slate that was seen on Gizmodo yesterday looks really cool... would be super sweet if that turns out to be real.
    10-23-2008 02:28 PM
    Bad Ash: Link for the iPhone slate on Gizmodo, if possible.

Also, I would not like this phone as much if it had a slide out keyboard. Soft keyboard is amazing, in my view. Whatever happened with projected keyboards (don't know the real term for this)? Keyboards that are projected onto any surface and you can type on like a standard keyboard. I saw them and those a while back, but nothing recently. I would like to see that, even though it's pretty impractical for a cell phone.
    Last edited by tuna; 10-23-2008 at 02:48 PM.
    10-23-2008 02:46 PM
    Bad Ash: Link for the iPhone slate on Gizmodo, if possible.

Also, I would not like this phone as much if it had a slide out keyboard. Soft keyboard is amazing, in my view. Whatever happened with projected keyboards (don't know the real term for this)? Keyboards that are projected onto any surface and you can type on like a standard keyboard. I saw them and those a while back, but nothing recently. I would like to see that, even though it's pretty impractical for a cell phone.
    Here is the link you are looking for. Has the gizmodo link in it.

iPhone HD Speculation Increasing? | The iPhone Blog
    10-23-2008 02:55 PM
    Here is the link you are looking for. Has the gizmodo link in it.

iPhone HD Speculation Increasing? | The iPhone Blog
    Thanks for the info.
    10-23-2008 04:14 PM
    I'd bet my life savings (not much) that this will never happen
    Steve Jobs doesn't like "real" keyboards, so your life savings is most likely safe.
    10-23-2008 04:32 PM
    HD makes sense given Apple's current movement and the competitive landscape...
    10-23-2008 11:52 PM
    HD makes sense given Apple's current movement and the competitive landscape...
    Indeed it does...
    10-24-2008 01:14 PM
    I remember when HD was new and cool, but now the HD word is being thrown around way to much. If you are at 720p doesn't mean you are really in HD. The bit rates and lots of other things factor in.

I think in a year or so we might have HD for current HD and XHD for XXXXTREME!!!!! High Definition for blu ray type bit rate and quality
    10-24-2008 02:59 PM
    Better Battery. Maybe a 5MP camera . Copy paste option.
    10-27-2008 05:07 AM
    an iSight !!
    11-06-2008 02:35 PM
    I would like to see increased bluetooth connectivity. Connecting via bluetooth for ringtone transfer, playing games, sync with computer, etc.
    11-07-2008 11:45 AM
    More features is pretty much mutually exclusive to longer battery life, outside the engineering-free universe of the human imagination.

Better camera means thicker phone. Removable battery means thicker phone. A2DP means more battery drain. HD means more battery drain.

3G phones already last less than a day. Will 4G make it an hour?!
    11-07-2008 10:44 PM
    I wonder how much of the "new" iPhone will be hardware based, and how much will be software/firmware based.

After all, with the iPhone 3G, one of the biggest plugs was teh App store, which original iPhone users got as well with their firmware update.

Chris
    11-10-2008 04:03 PM
    • "Anti-Grav" - So when you drop it, it recovers and hovers a foot from the floor.
    • "Memory wipe" - Like in 'Men in Black".
    • "Radar-Detector" - For people with fast cars.
    11-17-2008 09:18 PM
    I'd love to see user-replaceable battery for the new iPhone. I'm very used to pulling out and putting in batteries (I do quite a number of testings using handsets at my day-job) and it should make sense for them to allow users to do that.

And with Apple engineering, I'm sure they can find a way not to make the iPhone any thicker.
    11-18-2008 12:02 AM
    I know I know--you're mad because this isn't news of the next iPhone. I apologize in advance. :o

I am very curious as to when everyone thinks or maybe even knows when the next generation of iPhone will be available to us all.

I say in the next 2-3 years we can expect a new iPhone that can basically live life for us ha
    01-10-2009 03:57 PM
    Well, the iPhone lifecycle is June. So, maybe this June we will see the iPhone Nano? and next June the iPhone Gen3?
    01-10-2009 06:21 PM
105 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD