Treo750---> iPhone 3G

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
Hopefully with the release of the iPhone 3G and can finally retire my old 750. The inclusion of the following features should to the trick:
- A2DP
- 3G Speeds
- Exchange Support
- 3rd Party Apps

MS

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if Google / Apple will include push support for Gmail. I guess this relates more to the software release than the actual 3G iPhone. Either way, I'm upgrading when it comes out.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I've never been a fan of the Blackberry or Treos, but I've been very happy with the iPhone. It has everything I need... internet access, phone, music, calendar, contacts. I don't like the interface of the Blackberry. The iPhone is just simplier and easier to navigate.

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
I'm planning on moving from a Treo 750 and Blackjack 2 to a new iPhone. My main required features:

3G (obviously there)
GPS
MS Exchange Support
To-Do/Tasks List (MS Exchange support preferred, but not a dealbreaker)

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
I made the move from the 750 to the iPhone a little while after it first came out and just recently fired up the treo and man oh man its like night and day. Especialy when browsing the web I sure do hope that wm 7 has a better version of IE in it otherwise MS is going to keep losing market share.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Im actually trading in my Blackberry 8820 for the iphone. I just got my blackberry back in october but im dying without real internet, i find myself always needing to check something and of course the blackberry internet cant handle it. So Iphone here i come. its going to be a hard break from my blackberry b/c i love the keyboard but i neeeeed the internet!

kevinbell

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
Exchange support was one of my most "must haves" so I can get corporate mail without having to go through IT. Hopefully the battery will be much better than the 750 so I can actually check my emails more than a couple times a day...hehehe.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I had a T700wx. "battery guzzling brick with a POS operating system" would be a kind description ;). I will never do WinMo again although I will say that Active Sync worked flawlessly (although the phone certainly didn't). So, since I need Exchange sync OTA and I'm not high enough up on the totem pole for my IT guys to grant me BES for my Blackberry Curve, iPhone with AS is looking like my best solution at the moment. Plus, I still lust after the iPhone and that screen is amazing.:p

eugarps#CB

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I currently have my Treo 750 up on eBay. I tried going from the iPhone to the Treo 750 just to get the fixed keyboard. I have a tremor and thumb typing on the iPhone doesn't work well for me but: That said.... I found the Treo cumbersome after having used the iPhone. I'll just stick to single finger typing and be happy.

I currently carry a Palm TX with a BT keyboard in lieu of a notebook for most of my travels. I'd love it if I could get back to just one device.

Bill

MarkyMark#IM

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I am a very happy 750 owner. I don't own an ipod. I don't want two devices. The new iphone is intriguing.....

I love Windows Mobile.

I know ActiveSync is set up to work with Exchange, but will it work the same way as my Treo did with my persomnal version of Outlook?

Is there a way to read and edit Microsoft Word & Excel on the iphone?

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
I am a very happy 750 owner. I don't own an ipod. I don't want two devices. The new iphone is intriguing.....

I love Windows Mobile.

I know ActiveSync is set up to work with Exchange, but will it work the same way as my Treo did with my persomnal version of Outlook?

Is there a way to read and edit Microsoft Word & Excel on the iphone?
You can view office files but you can't edit them and as for your outlook I think if you use iTunes to sync everything you should be fine but it depends on what type of personal email you have for it to do over the air syncing.
But let me just say that being an ex treo 750 user I would never go back in fact I did just to see what it was like for a little bit and it was kind of like playing an old arcade game vs playing a new console game kind of like ha ha this is funny but after a while it got old.

Also say hey to the funky bunch for me.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
ActiveSync is ActiveSync is ActiveSync as far as implementation it looks like. Literally just enter the exchange server's address (https://remote.companyname.com/exchange) along with domain, username and passwords and boom, it should go automatically. It will sync to your Outlook folder on the server. Any updates to your contacts and/or calendar will show on both devices (phone and any outlook client used) no matter where you made the change from, you'll have full GAL (global address lookup) capability, etc. They haven't shown Tasks or Notes yet which would truly suck if not available. Email on my corporate account frequently hit my phone before Outlook when I had a WinMo device.

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I will be in line right behind you on July 11, planning on making the switch from WinMob to iPhone. I think this is worse then waiting for x-mas when we were kids!

igneous

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Im going to be going from an awful old ppc 6700 to the new iPhone. I abslolutely need copy paste so I can update my site. It annoys me so much that there isn't copy paste. I really need to be able to tether to the iPhone. Both of these simple functions are possible on a 2 year old crappy WM phone, yet not on the iPhone :(

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
the no "cut & paste" is pathetic - hopefully there's a 3rd party work-around but still, it rates a "WTF??!!??" to Apple on that one. No tethering strikes me as just stupid on AT&T's part. I'm probably a good example. Currently I have a BB Curve with, obviously, no 3G. My company will pay for a cellular data card and, since it runs the same on ATT or VZW basically, I have a VZW aircard with their $50/month all you can eat plan. I'd love to dump the VZW plan like I dumped them for cell service last year and just go with one device, one bill, one carrier. Go travel on business for a living and you discover the joys of one less thing to carry, loose, schlep another charger for, etc. Motorola engineers, for example, should be drawn & quartered for switching from the near universal mini-USB plug to the damned micro USB which doesn't appear to save any significant room on my H710 BT headset. Yet, I have to either remember the adaptor (which sucks anyway) or another charger. RIM got this right - a blackberry doesn't appear to give a crap what charger it's plugged into. As long as it's 2.2V (or whatever the USB standard is) and has a mini-USB plug it's happy. My GF's old Moto V3 Razr (VZW) sees my BB wall charger as "unauthorized" and refuses to work from it. WTF??!!?? Give me a break, puh-lease!

MarkyMark#IM

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
ActiveSync is ActiveSync is ActiveSync as far as implementation it looks like. Literally just enter the exchange server's address (https://remote.companyname.com/exchange) along with domain, username and passwords and boom, it should go automatically. It will sync to your Outlook folder on the server. Any updates to your contacts and/or calendar will show on both devices (phone and any outlook client used) no matter where you made the change from, you'll have full GAL (global address lookup) capability, etc. They haven't shown Tasks or Notes yet which would truly suck if not available. Email on my corporate account frequently hit my phone before Outlook when I had a WinMo device.

But I don't use Exchange at home. Just Outlook. The Treo now just Syncs with Outlook. I can only see references to the new iphopne working ActiveSync with Exchange.

igneous

May 30, 2008
Visit site
the no "cut & paste" is pathetic - hopefully there's a 3rd party work-around but still, it rates a "WTF??!!??" to Apple on that one. No tethering strikes me as just stupid on AT&T's part. I'm probably a good example. Currently I have a BB Curve with, obviously, no 3G. My company will pay for a cellular data card and, since it runs the same on ATT or VZW basically, I have a VZW aircard with their $50/month all you can eat plan. I'd love to dump the VZW plan like I dumped them for cell service last year and just go with one device, one bill, one carrier. Go travel on business for a living and you discover the joys of one less thing to carry, loose, schlep another charger for, etc. Motorola engineers, for example, should be drawn & quartered for switching from the near universal mini-USB plug to the damned micro USB which doesn't appear to save any significant room on my H710 BT headset. Yet, I have to either remember the adaptor (which sucks anyway) or another charger. RIM got this right - a blackberry doesn't appear to give a crap what charger it's plugged into. As long as it's 2.2V (or whatever the USB standard is) and has a mini-USB plug it's happy. My GF's old Moto V3 Razr (VZW) sees my BB wall charger as "unauthorized" and refuses to work from it. WTF??!!?? Give me a break, puh-lease!
icopy on the current iphone seems like a usable solution, but very far from perfect. I wish apple would have implemented it though

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73