Search / Filter by OS version

edwinbradford

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Its getting to the point where my 2G phone's OS, 3.1.3 I think, is not supported by a lot of Apps that are becoming available in the App store. However for all the core Apps I use regularly it is fine. As I'm not that excited about paying $500 rather than $0.50 dollar for an App because the developer doesn't offer a version for my current OS I wondered if instead anyone knows of a search engine where I can filter / search by OS supported version?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Apple is slowly starting to decrease support for the older iOS versions. More and more it's becoming difficult to even test that your app works on 3.x. This is becoming as difficult for devs as users, as it's difficult to see that your newly updated app no longer works on 3.x - and this is especially difficult for the 1st gen iPod Touch as well as the 1st gen iPhone (moreso for the former than the latter).

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It is a problem?but unfortunately I've never seen a way of filtering searches by iOS version. That's something I've often wished for in Cydia as well.

edwinbradford

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, OK thanks anyway. I'm not surprised Apple don't do it as it wouldn't "encourage" you to upgrade but there's an opening in the market for someone to aggregate content and list it with better search filters on the web, unless Apple have some means of prohibiting it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2