unable to activate iPhone 2g without original sim card

kzrxryder

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would like to use my old iphone 2g as an iTouch but have lost the origianl activated sim card. I have contacted AT&T / Apple support and they have only one solution: "use it as a paper weight". I kid you not - that was their choice of words. Anyone have a suggestion to get this old but great piece of technology back sothat I can use it as an itouch?

Thanks people!

KZRX

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I would like to use my old iphone 2g as an iTouch but have lost the origianl activated sim card. I have contacted AT&T / Apple support and they have only one solution: "use it as a paper weight". I kid you not - that was their choice of words. Anyone have a suggestion to get this old but great piece of technology back sothat I can use it as an itouch?

Thanks people!

KZRX

If you had a activated sim card, why dont you get another from Att? Or you got to know somebody who has a ATT phone/sim card. I dont think it needs that correct data plan. Just a active sim.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
All it needs is a sim to connect in for a second to get past the activation part ... Or you could just JB it to get past it .. I think you can use limr1n and choose the activate option

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Agree, you could pick up a SIM Card from at&t ... My original iPhone had a 3G sim card in it, even thought it wasn't 3G. I would jailbreak to bypass the activation process.

tmoney$$

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
An ordinary sim card will actually not work for the 2g iphone, it will work for all other generations, but the original iphone 2g actually requires the original sim card for activation. Extremely frustrating, but the only other solution i have found at this point is JB.

Hunter S. Thompson

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreak with blackra1n. Just used the latest blackra1n to try JB a 2g I have in my store and it worked like a charm.

Edit: It was, at the time, running 3.1.2

rasal

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Activate 2g

My Granddaughter tried to update her 2g. She did not know the update would screw the phone up.
She was using a sim card from a non smart at&t phone. I tried to restore phone via iTunes but once done I could get no further because I could not activate the phone. I had no way to determine the os version of the phone. I then tried jail breaking it using blackra1n but the process would never complete. Perhaps I did not have the correct version of blackra1n. Would appreciate any help in getting beyond this problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro