I have a 2G i was given by a friend. I use it as an ipod touch but it has a cracked screen. Works fine but there is a screen protector on it that has been on for years. I am afraid to take it off for fear it is holding the screen together, but it is getting difficult to see thru. Not as sharp a picture as it could be due to worn screen protector.

How difficult is it to replace the screen?
    06-18-2011 03:46 AM
    It depends on your technical abilities. I would say it's quite easy. You can buy the full kit from eBay including all tools. There's plenty of tutorials on YouTube. I've changed a few but I used to be in the mobile business so have opened up many phones. Give it a go but maybe check the videos first to see if you think you can manage it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-18-2011 09:10 AM
    Well, I had no problem replacing the entire screen assy on my Blackberry Storm, so I think I can handle it. Just have heard that it is super easy to screw up the 2G...
    07-17-2011 10:55 PM
    Get professional help. It's piece of cake to them. =) Saves time.
    08-21-2011 11:14 AM
    go to mobile repairing shop and replace old protector to new one. and a professional can do it easily.

Aadesh
    01-14-2012 07:58 PM
    Only professional, do not this own
    02-25-2012 08:34 AM
    screen replacement is not hard then else on this phone
    03-04-2012 11:22 AM
    <a href="http://www.dmaastore.com/">geranamine in a supplement called Pump It</a> it is what I saw on internet when I was searching for anything else. I came to know that pump it is a hair product and available in powder form and very effective as well.
    05-31-2012 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD