Always On display or not

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
AOD is too bright and pretty useless for me at least as I have a wallet case so it’s always covered. As is typical Apple lags on its innovation when trying to improve upon android options.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
AOD is too bright and pretty useless for me at least as I have a wallet case so it’s always covered. As is typical Apple lags on its innovation when trying to improve upon android options.

It ‘s just one of those things Apple slings in when they have nothing of any real merit to offer

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
TBH, I think the only reason we’re seeing AOD on iPhones now is because its been a feature on Android phones since a long time ago and Apple decided, “Why not? Some people want it and its not taking away much if anything to have it at this point.” I really don’t imagine its much deeper than that. I am willing to bet if this had not been an Android feature it would not be an iOS feature now. There’s actually people that didn’t even know AOD was a thing until its iOS implementation.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Honestly apples aod looks futuristic. Kind of makes androids version of aod look pretty basic in comparison.

9c14f60dccc749b0c1210eefa3325f02.png

Apple seems to have put a lot of effort into the their version of aod, which can’t really be compared to what Nokia did when they launched the feature on modern smartphones. This was long before android just copied Nokias implementation of aod.

Don’t think android can just copy it without apples new lpto display and the a16s new display engine.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I can surely see why anyone wearing an Apple Watch doesn't need always on. Whatever is on the iPhone lock screen could be on your watch. I like the always on mainly because it lets me or anyone else quickly recognize my phone. Imagine that you have company over and a hand full of iPhones are on the kitchen counter. I can tell at glance which is mine. Or, imagine you have left your phone on the bus. Anyone who picks up the phone knows immediately it is mine because I'm staring at them on the lock screen.

Feel free to believe that is a ridiculous justification. :rotfl:

I don’t think this is ridiculous at all, which I why I didn’t say the feature was useless in itself. I stated I, personally, have no use for it & I don’t. It’s great to have options!!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I can see how some may find AOD extremely useful and convenient but I personally don’t need this. I did actually try using AOD on my  watch one day just to see how it worked and saw that my battery was drained by the evening when I usually still have over 80% at the end of the day. So I keep AOD off.

(It’s 10:26 pm right now and I’m at 87%). :)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I would like to have the always on display when I get my iPhone 14 pro max. But if it does drain a lot of battery life then I would definitely turn it off

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR