I purchased a Belkin screen protector w/a 5-yr. warranty.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store in the mall. My job offers a corporate discount

Got the Belkin screen protector and registration on Belkin site gives a 5 yr warranty.

It covers the entire phone screen. Very nice screen protector. I like Belkin products

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Re: Screen protector

Nice!

I don’t use a screen protector but I’ve considered it. Is it more a peace of mind thing or do you think you’d likely have scratch marks on the screen without it?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

As I mentioned in another thread I don’t like screen protectors over the naked touch of the display but in my wait for my 14 Pro Max I ordered four cases on Amazon and the one I ended up choosing came with a no name edge to edge glass protector so I installed it and honesty it’s invisible to me and I like that it doesn’t have that notch cutout that I despise.

Micro scratches don’t bother me but I’m sure if I was to crack my 14 display this early in the new cycle it would be a hard replacement and I don’t buy AppleCare so thank you to whoever put an unadvertised item in my order

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

I never used screen protectors when Apple had curved display glass. Since the 12 series with flat glass, absolutely. Always got the full glass cover (ones with notch were awful). My 13 Pro Max screen has never been touched by a finger, as soon as it was taken out of the box the first thing I did was put on a tempered glass! Will do that from this point out as long as the glass is flat. None of my Samsung phones have had them due to curved glass as well.

Point is if you use a tempered glass protector, you will never have micro scratches and the screen glass will always look new which is good for resale. Also in the event of a drop, the risk of screen glass damage is reduced tremendously.

No need to over pay as well. Glass is glass and paying $40 for one is a waste of money. The cheap ones on Amazon that include the plastic alignment frame costing under $20 for 2 or 3 protectors work and look great IMHO.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

It wasn’t that expensive for my needs and the entire screen is covered. It’s not showing a lot of prints as well. I have always used a screen protector and a case.
Everyone has what works best for them. I was impressed that this screen protector offers a 5 yr warranty.
I am very picky screen protectors I have used in the past have worked but I like this one the best so far!
I know the Belkin brand and own a lot of their products.

garment69

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I used to get the Belkin screen protector from the Apple Store but then I found the Spigen tempered glass screen protector (EZ fit). It fits the entire display and it costs a fraction of the price of the Belkin and it's super easy to install: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B23LW7N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3292710

If you use a screen protector and you don’t buy Spigens you’re making a mistake. For the money, there is nothing better in the market.

csierra72

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

I used to get the Belkin screen protector from the Apple Store but then I found the Spigen tempered glass screen protector (EZ fit). It fits the entire display and it costs a fraction of the price of the Belkin and it's super easy to install: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B23LW7N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3292723

I used to use dbrand's Prism until I found these, inexpensive so they're easy to keep on hand as well as apply. Which is great, since my wife and daughter seem to go out of their way to damage them.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

I used to get the Belkin screen protector from the Apple Store but then I found the Spigen tempered glass screen protector (EZ fit). It fits the entire display and it costs a fraction of the price of the Belkin and it's super easy to install: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B23LW7N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3292905

Thanks for the link! I just picked up the Spigen screen protector. I ran them religiously on my last two iPhones, and for someone clumsy like me, the installation trays are the ticket!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

If you use a screen protector and you don’t buy Spigens you’re making a mistake. For the money, there is nothing better in the market.

So much this!
I got one, put it on as soon as the plastic was pulled off my 14 PM, and wow!
Easier to put on than falling off a log backward!
And PERFECT results. No bubbles and very smooth.

I got this case and the feel is a bit weird it has a good balance of protection without being too thick.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B84W3MS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3292921

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I recognize the convenience and help aspects of the Apple Store, and can't fault that. I own some Apple stock so appreciate that. In another realm, my work has Apple mobile devices in MDM by the dozens and in rougher service than most personal use. From that we know how well $2 to $4 screen protectors and $10 to $12 cases are against the premium stuff. They work very well or just as well.

I can't fault either choice. If there is a scam or something goofy would point to cases more than screen protectors. Lots of bulky ones leave screens just as vulnerable, they are more difficult to hang onto, and aesthetics can be off-putting. For general function that is slim and durable it is hard to beat something like or same as Spigen Liquid Air. For aesthetics and ease of bare phone handling it is hard to beat Apple's own.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Nice!

I don’t use a screen protector but I’ve considered it. Is it more a peace of mind thing or do you think you’d likely have scratch marks on the screen without it?

I went with no screen protector with my 12 pro max and will do the same with 14 pro max. I did apply the liquid ceramic screen protector from amazon $400 insurance. Reason that I no longer use a protector is because all the lint and dust it collects on the side and scratches never bothered me as dist and dirt, especially those lint that stay behind the protector. I even had apple and other professionals install them and still dust and lint stay behind the protector. A spigen case that still comes front of the screen is good enough.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

I went with no screen protector with my 12 pro max and will do the same with 14 pro max. I did apply the liquid ceramic screen protector from amazon $400 insurance. Reason that I no longer use a protector is because all the lint and dust it collects on the side and scratches never bothered me as dist and dirt, especially those lint that stay behind the protector. I even had apple and other professionals install them and still dust and lint stay behind the protector. A spigen case that still comes front of the screen is good enough.

Thanks for the feedback Manny13840. I'm probably just going to stick with how I've done it: a slim profile case, no screen protector, leave the rest in the hands of the iphone protection gods :)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Ah yes, when the professionals leave some dust behind the glass and one likely paid a lot of money for that.

When I found you can get protector glass sheets for $2.30 to $3, in 3-packs, and with tape or jigs for placement I developed my own skills. I did a re-think and ordered some for my 14er phone because my sports and trail building activities will do small scratches.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711