I don’t understand Verizon. Very frustrating

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This is not the first time this has happened and again….so frustrating

I received my new 14 pro and there is NO return label for me so I can mail back my trade in.

I cannot print a label. So now I have to call them tomorrow.

WHY can’t they send the return label? And they only give you 14 days to send back the phone.

Travons

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
They do send the return label or maybe yours (some how) has been getting mixed up.
You just need to call the customer care line and have them send you one.
(I print my myself since I run a side business)
I get a 30 days limit to send the phone.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Right, it's 30 days.
They are telling me I have until Oct. 23rd to send in my trade.
Expected delivery of my 14 PM is Sept. 23rd.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Verizon reps need to know the difference between early upgrade and trading. Geese…….

I've rarely had a Verizon rep that didn't know what they were doing; that being said, try their cancellation department if you have issues with a regular rep. They seem to have better information and god tier levels of problem resolution.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon reps need to know the difference between early upgrade and trading. Geese…….

I've rarely had a Verizon rep that didn't know what they were doing; that being said, try their cancellation department if you have issues with a regular rep. They seem to have better information and god tier levels of problem resolution.

I agree with the latter because at work we have to deal with a few major carriers at scale. Over and over the more than average dealing with customer service, sales and tech support shows us Verizon has better trained staff and more of them.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious for those who trade in with Verizon what are the key benefits of it? Are you going for 3 years between phones as they make you get trade-in credit over 3 years towards the monthly payment? I have always sold mine and purchased from apple directly, but now with eSIM, there isn't a SIM-free per se as in the past. I have been an annual upgrade user but it's getting old as the new big enhancement seems to be at the end of a 3-year cycle.

Given the huge trade-in value with Verizon which makes a 14 pro max 1TB $20 a month for 36 months, it's not bad. But what if I want to trade in again in 2 years with 1 year remaining? Do you have to pay off the balance and lose the trade-in credits remaining?

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Am I reading this as I’d lose the *whole* trade-in value if I were to do the same process as @Raptor007? I’ve been debating it for a few days, free iPhones for the entire family if we were to all use carrier financing. But if I wanted to be a rebel and upgrade before the 36 months is up I would or wouldn’t be able to trade in the phone I paid off early?

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Figured and that sucks. But we should be able to go 3 years between iPhones but clearly, I don't but should.

I was going to go 5 years with my 12 Pro but at the rate the battery has deteriorated it seems I should have shelled out a little more and gotten the Max. The cost of replacing the battery two, maybe three times would make the price tag about even.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Have always been allowed to early upgrade as long as 50% paid off.

Yes you can upgrade at 50% paid off but that doesn't include the trade-in credit. Like we recently switched to Verizon and got $500 or so trade in credit. That is almost half of a new iphone but Verizon doesn't count this. The only way you keep the trade in value is to run it all the way out which kinda sucks.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Yes you can upgrade at 50% paid off but that doesn't include the trade-in credit. Like we recently switched to Verizon and got $500 or so trade in credit. That is almost half of a new iphone but Verizon doesn't count this. The only way you keep the trade in value is to run it all the way out which kinda sucks.

I know this. I wasn’t happy with 13 pro. 14 pro much better

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711