Who’s upgrading? Who’s staying?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I received my space black iPhone 14 Pro Max today. After reading up over the last week I feel like I’ve gotten mixed information on how to properly switch from my old i12 to the i14. Could someone suggest the proper steps to follow to ensure a smooth transfer to the new phone? My current phone is on a public beta, not sure if that makes any difference…and, I also own an Apple Watch I need to pair with the new phone. Thank you!

Are you asking about the eSim if so on T-Mobile you just go thru the prompts it will activate and turn off your physical sim on your old device automatically

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I received my space black iPhone 14 Pro Max today. After reading up over the last week I feel like I’ve gotten mixed information on how to properly switch from my old i12 to the i14. Could someone suggest the proper steps to follow to ensure a smooth transfer to the new phone? My current phone is on a public beta, not sure if that makes any difference…and, I also own an Apple Watch I need to pair with the new phone. Thank you!

What I did was I made an iCloud backup on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, then I set up my new device as new, logged in with my iCloud credentials and installed the beta profile, updated to the latest beta and did a erase all contents and settings.

After that I simply put my devices next to each other and followed the instructions followed by a restore from iCloud. Not rather transfer from old device, as that is also an option, but restore from iCloud. Which is safer and faster.
During that restore the iPhone 14 Pro Max asked me if I wanted to use my Watch with my new iPhone so I said yes. It’s actually really easy.
I was done in about an hour.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking about the eSim if so on T-Mobile you just go thru the prompts it will activate and turn off your physical sim on your old device automatically

The whole process really from the moment I turn on the new phone until it’s done. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t run into any hiccups.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let me preface by saying I should not have gone to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia. Yep. You guest it. I walked out with a brand new purple iPhone 14 Pro.

Yeah yeah. I know I said I had no intentions of upgrading and that was a true statement. As always, curiosity got the best of me.

(sigh)…(laughing)

Last edited:

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

*UPDATE* new i14 Pro Max is up and ready to roll and I’m loving it so far

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Let me preface by saying I should not have gone to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia. Yep. You guest it. I walked out with a brand new purple iPhone Pro.

Yeah yeah. I know I said I had no intentions of upgrading and that was a true statement. As always, curiosity got the best of me.

(sigh)…(laughing)

You're not the only one, once I saw it, had to have it. pro max in gold.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're not the only one, once I saw it, had to have it. pro max in gold.
I was more interested in the Series 8 Watch, but became a little dissuaded when Apple didn’t offer a black stainless steel model. The graphite isn’t dark enough for me so I’ll more than likely hold on to my stainless steel Series 5 another year.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I was more interested in the Series 8 Watch, but became a little dissuaded when Apple didn’t offer a black stainless steel model. The graphite isn’t dark enough for me so I’ll more than likely hold on to my stainless steel Series 5 another year.

I know what you mean, the 8s are nice took me to bite my lip not to get one.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Let me preface by saying I should not have gone to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia. Yep. You guest it. I walked out with a brand new purple iPhone Pro.

(sigh)…(laughing)

LMAO I KNEW you couldn’t resist & at some point you’d cave

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
LMAO I KNEW you couldn’t resist & at some point you’d cave
(Laughing)…I should have never gone to the Apple Store. In fact, two of the three Apple Stores in my area are mere minutes away from my home so that, in and of itself, is an enabler…;)

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Let me preface by saying I should not have gone to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia. Yep. You guest it. I walked out with a brand new purple iPhone 14 Pro.

(sigh)…(laughing)

We should have started a pool! :D Congratulations, btw!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
(Laughing)…I should have never gone to the Apple Store. In fact, two of the three Apple Store in my area are mere minutes away from my home so that, in and of itself, is an enabler…;)

OMG no way, that would be so dangerous for me too

I have 2  stores, but they are 15-20mins away. Not a long drive, but just inconvenient enough to keep me away for the most part if I want something that bad & don’t feel like taking the ride I just order it for same day delivery. Laziness at it best

On another note, I’ve been tempted by the deep purple 14 Pro but I’m *really* not sure I want to go to a bigger phone again. I really am happy with the mini size ATM.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OMG no way, that would be so dangerous for me too

I have 2  stores, but they are 15-20mins away. Not a long drive, but just inconvenient enough to keep me away for the most part if I want something that bad & don’t feel like taking the ride I just order it for same day delivery. Laziness at it best

On another note, I’ve been tempted by the deep purple 14 Pro but I’m *really* not sure I want to go to a bigger phone again. I really am happy with the mini size ATM.

Take away the traffic and I could be to both in 5 minutes. As for considering a bigger iPhone, I hear ya. While at the Apple Store, I was messing around with the iPhone 14 Pro Max and was really tempted to get one, but then I decided to stick with the pro size and I’m glad I did I’m sure you’d be the same way.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Finally pulled the trigger! (I was this close last year on the 13 Pro). iPhone Pro Max, Silver, 256GB. Initial delivery estimate on Oct 13. (EDIT: New ETA is Oct25th - Nov 3)

Trade in my iPhone 11(it served me well!)
100$ down
100$ tax,
35$ "activation" fee :sarcastic:.
12.06 per month (for 24 months)
65$ per month for the Max 55 plan (this is the plan I had planned to get).

I've never done much with the photographs I've taken. I'm looking forward to taking some ProRaw pics that I'll edit afterwards.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox