Who’s upgrading? Who’s staying?

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Misery loves company :) …mine got delayed too. I was amped up to receive it today but UPS changed from delivery today to “the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible”.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Misery loves company …mine got delayed too. I was amped up to receive it today but UPS changed from delivery today to “the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible”.

We’re totally in the same boat. I just checked after reading your post and mine was changed to the same status message as well so it will definitely not be here on Saturday. Looks like my phone is still floating around somewhere in Kentucky.

Funny thing is that I was totally fine with waiting the 2-3 weeks and put it completely out of my mind. Then I got that notice and was super amped like you and bought a new MagSafe charger, USB-C bricks and a temporary case…and NOW I keep checking the status lol! 🤪

Way to go, UPS!

Last edited:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
We’re totally in the same boat. I just checked after reading your post and mine was changed to the same status message as well so it will definitely not be here on Saturday. Looks like my phone is still floating around somewhere in Kentucky.

Funny thing is that I was totally fine with waiting the 2-3 weeks and put it completely out of my mind. Then I got that notice and was super amped like you and bought a new MagSafe charger, USB-C bricks and a temporary case…and NOW I keep checking the status lol! ??????

Way to go, UPS!

OMG that is beyond funny because we are precisely in the same situation. Multi week wait? I was ok with it, I expected it, mostly out of mind for now. But when the delivery alert popped I got stoked! I went into Apple Store app and ordered the clear MagSafe case and the 2 in 1 MagSafe charger......soon after is the let down! with my last location also showing Kentucky and still without a delivery day. This was just one big tease :)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
OMG that is beyond funny because we are precisely in the same situation. Multi week wait? I was ok with it, I expected it, mostly out of mind for now. But when the delivery alert popped I got stoked! I went into Apple Store app and ordered the clear MagSafe case and the 2 in 1 MagSafe charger......soon after is the let down! with my last location also showing Kentucky and still without a delivery day. This was just one big tease :)

fd52d651ca2c3e7c649ac152b8b27c62.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The 11 to 14 Pro Max experience has been outstanding! The display difference is 10 out of 10, it is immaculate viewing including brightness. Battery difference is shockingly outsized improved. Camera? Only a Handful of pics so far but all have been a big standout difference. The speed of everything from FaceID to various swipes to most apps is way quicker (liking the faceid quickness). I haven’t received the cover yet so this rating is tentative due to it being naked, but my concern of the Pro Max being too big , for me, were unfounded (Apple MagSafe case hasn’t yet arrived). The Dynamic Island multitasking ability has been really nice, I use it primarily fir music as I use a different apps or for ongoing phone calls while I use another app (which is almost always). I think this is like going from wired to wireless/MagSafe charging. Once I used wireless I found wired to be cumbersome. Anyway, I look forward to more apps taking use..but Dynamic island is a 2 hand use at least on the Pro Max. One of the unmentioned standout upgrades is the speaker for speakerphone or in a pinch a loudspeaker for music. For a phone that speaker is impressive! Absolutely 1000% blows the 11 out of the water.

Negatives:
it can definitely get quite warm in a few specific usage instances. Maybe that’ll get reduced some with an OS update.
When it’s on a table/flat surface and I type a certain way, it likes to wobble. That cam bump is quite pronounced. Maybe the case will ease that. This is not a big deal.
The 14 pro max looks and specifically feels like a Ferrari in terms of its quality. But I don’t find it to be as easily gripped. That glass back and stainless steel side for me is not a good grip. Just my own personal experience so far but I’m going with a slim case for protection but also for a nicer grip.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
giphy.gif

SOOOOOO….here’s the deal. I may have done a little something on the Apple Store app today possibly ordered a deep purple 14 Pro Max 512gb with an estimated delivery date of Nov 2-9th….

Dammit LOL, I blame all of you for tempting me and holding my little fingers down on my keyboard, clicking the buttons and confirming payment
lmao !
now to figure out a case I’d want for it !
good bye —>

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
giphy.gif

SOOOOOO….here’s the deal. I may have done a little something on the Apple Store app today possibly ordered a deep purple 14 Pro Max 512gb with an estimated delivery date of Nov 2-9th….

Dammit LOL, I blame all of you for tempting me and holding my little fingers down on my keyboard, clicking the buttons and confirming payment
lmao !
good bye —>
The thirst will always win, my friend…(laughing)….Anyway, congratulations on ordering your new iPhone.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
giphy.gif

lmao !
good bye —>

Congrats on your purchase!

On my side, there is no temptation by the iPhone 14 series. Am I just weird?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase!

On my side, there is no temptation by the iPhone 14 series. Am I just weird?

Thank you!!

Ahhhhh, I wish I had your restraint at least you get to keep your money so not weird at all. In fact my husband literally could care less to ever upgrade unless his phone is on its last thread

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
giphy.gif

lmao !
good bye —>

Welcome to the deep purple 14PM club, Pink! I am loving mine!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
giphy.gif

lmao !
good bye —>

You WHAT?
giphy.gif

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I had initially decided to hang onto the 11PM for a while longer, but decided to upgrade to a 256g 14 PM purple. Will arrive the first week in November.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods