I received my space black iPhone 14 Pro Max today. After reading up over the last week I feel like I’ve gotten mixed information on how to properly switch from my old i12 to the i14. Could someone suggest the proper steps to follow to ensure a smooth transfer to the new phone? My current phone is on a public beta, not sure if that makes any difference…and, I also own an Apple Watch I need to pair with the new phone. Thank you!
    Are you asking about the eSim if so on T-Mobile you just go thru the prompts it will activate and turn off your physical sim on your old device automatically
    09-22-2022 02:28 PM
    I received my space black iPhone 14 Pro Max today. After reading up over the last week I feel like I’ve gotten mixed information on how to properly switch from my old i12 to the i14. Could someone suggest the proper steps to follow to ensure a smooth transfer to the new phone? My current phone is on a public beta, not sure if that makes any difference…and, I also own an Apple Watch I need to pair with the new phone. Thank you!
    What I did was I made an iCloud backup on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, then I set up my new device as new, logged in with my iCloud credentials and installed the beta profile, updated to the latest beta and did a erase all contents and settings.

After that I simply put my devices next to each other and followed the instructions followed by a restore from iCloud. Not rather transfer from old device, as that is also an option, but restore from iCloud. Which is safer and faster.
    During that restore the iPhone 14 Pro Max asked me if I wanted to use my Watch with my new iPhone so I said yes. It’s actually really easy.
    I was done in about an hour.
    kataran, MrMars, Jude526 and 1 others like this.
    09-22-2022 02:39 PM
    Are you asking about the eSim if so on T-Mobile you just go thru the prompts it will activate and turn off your physical sim on your old device automatically
    The whole process really from the moment I turn on the new phone until it’s done. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t run into any hiccups.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-22-2022 03:18 PM
    Let me preface by saying I should not have gone to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia. Yep. You guest it. I walked out with a brand new purple iPhone 14 Pro.

Yeah yeah. I know I said I had no intentions of upgrading and that was a true statement. As always, curiosity got the best of me.

(sigh)…(laughing)
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-23-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    09-22-2022 06:38 PM
    *UPDATE* new i14 Pro Max is up and ready to roll and I’m loving it so far
    09-22-2022 09:28 PM
    Let me preface by saying I should not have gone to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia. Yep. You guest it. I walked out with a brand new purple iPhone Pro.

Yeah yeah. I know I said I had no intentions of upgrading and that was a true statement. As always, curiosity got the best of me.

(sigh)…(laughing)
    You're not the only one, once I saw it, had to have it. pro max in gold.
    Just_Me_D, FFR, kataran and 2 others like this.
    09-23-2022 03:44 AM
    You're not the only one, once I saw it, had to have it. pro max in gold.
    I was more interested in the Series 8 Watch, but became a little dissuaded when Apple didn’t offer a black stainless steel model. The graphite isn’t dark enough for me so I’ll more than likely hold on to my stainless steel Series 5 another year.
    09-23-2022 06:24 AM
    I was more interested in the Series 8 Watch, but became a little dissuaded when Apple didn’t offer a black stainless steel model. The graphite isn’t dark enough for me so I’ll more than likely hold on to my stainless steel Series 5 another year.
    I know what you mean, the 8s are nice took me to bite my lip not to get one.
    09-23-2022 09:09 AM
    Let me preface by saying I should not have gone to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia. Yep. You guest it. I walked out with a brand new purple iPhone Pro.

(sigh)…(laughing)
    LMAO I KNEW you couldn’t resist & at some point you’d cave
    09-23-2022 03:04 PM
    LMAO I KNEW you couldn’t resist & at some point you’d cave
    (Laughing)…I should have never gone to the Apple Store. In fact, two of the three Apple Stores in my area are mere minutes away from my home so that, in and of itself, is an enabler…
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-23-2022 at 03:25 PM.
    09-23-2022 03:11 PM
    Let me preface by saying I should not have gone to the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia. Yep. You guest it. I walked out with a brand new purple iPhone 14 Pro.

(sigh)…(laughing)
    We should have started a pool! Congratulations, btw!
    09-23-2022 03:12 PM
    (Laughing)…I should have never gone to the Apple Store. In fact, two of the three Apple Store in my area are mere minutes away from my home so that, in and of itself, is an enabler…
    OMG no way, that would be so dangerous for me too

I have 2  stores, but they are 15-20mins away. Not a long drive, but just inconvenient enough to keep me away for the most part if I want something that bad & don’t feel like taking the ride I just order it for same day delivery. Laziness at it best

On another note, I’ve been tempted by the deep purple 14 Pro but I’m *really* not sure I want to go to a bigger phone again. I really am happy with the mini size ATM.
    Just_Me_D, nikkisharif and pr1nce like this.
    09-23-2022 03:26 PM
    We should have started a pool! Congratulations, btw!
    I’m sure there were a few who did…
    Annie_M likes this.
    09-23-2022 03:27 PM
    OMG no way, that would be so dangerous for me too

I have 2  stores, but they are 15-20mins away. Not a long drive, but just inconvenient enough to keep me away for the most part if I want something that bad & don’t feel like taking the ride I just order it for same day delivery. Laziness at it best

On another note, I’ve been tempted by the deep purple 14 Pro but I’m *really* not sure I want to go to a bigger phone again. I really am happy with the mini size ATM.
    Take away the traffic and I could be to both in 5 minutes. As for considering a bigger iPhone, I hear ya. While at the Apple Store, I was messing around with the iPhone 14 Pro Max and was really tempted to get one, but then I decided to stick with the pro size and I’m glad I did I’m sure you’d be the same way.
    ThePinkChameleon and bgl321 like this.
    09-23-2022 03:31 PM
    I just ordered iPhone 14 Pro Max , upgrading from iPhone 12 Pro Max
    09-23-2022 07:57 PM
    Excellent. Please let us know how you like it when it arrives, if you don’t mind.
    09-23-2022 10:16 PM
    Coming from an iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite to an iPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB Gold myself, I can definitely tell you you won’t regret it.
    kataran, Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    09-24-2022 02:05 AM
    Wasn’t planning to but ended up ordering a Space Black 1T Pro on 9/19. Expected delivery 10/18-28.
    09-24-2022 02:26 AM
    I'll likely upgrade my 12 Pro Max to the 14 Pro Max in December. Or whenever a Space Black is available at that time.
    Just_Me_D and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-26-2022 03:29 PM
    Finally pulled the trigger! (I was this close last year on the 13 Pro). iPhone Pro Max, Silver, 256GB. Initial delivery estimate on Oct 13. (EDIT: New ETA is Oct25th - Nov 3)

Trade in my iPhone 11(it served me well!)
    100$ down
    100$ tax,
    35$ "activation" fee .
    12.06 per month (for 24 months)
    65$ per month for the Max 55 plan (this is the plan I had planned to get).

I've never done much with the photographs I've taken. I'm looking forward to taking some ProRaw pics that I'll edit afterwards.
    Last edited by Up_And_Away; 09-26-2022 at 08:45 PM.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    09-26-2022 03:43 PM
    I'll likely upgrade my 12 Pro Max to the 14 Pro Max in December. Or whenever a Space Black is available at that time.
    Probably good timing, the backorders likely will have caught up by then. I just ordered my 14 PM 256 and I am looking at pretty hefty wait --> the end of October/early November.
    09-26-2022 08:50 PM
    Wasn’t planning to but ended up ordering a Space Black 1T Pro on 9/19. Expected delivery 10/18-28.
    Yesterday my shipping dates had changed to 10/14-10/21 but my card was charged today and status is now “shipped” so hopefully it arrives soon! 🤞🏼
    Up_And_Away, Annie_M and FFR like this.
    09-27-2022 12:56 AM
    Yesterday my shipping dates had changed to 10/14-10/21 but my card was charged today and status is now “shipped” so hopefully it arrives soon!
    I can't wait to hear your thoughts after it arrives!!! New iPhones are such fun!
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    09-27-2022 10:01 AM
    Just saw a deep purple 512GB available at a local Best Buy. Was thinking about trading in my 256GB deep purple but decided against it since I still have 195GB left in storage so the 512GB would be pointless.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-27-2022 01:07 PM
    Just pulled the trigger. 14 PM 256 gig purple. Time to retire the 11 PM.
    Just_Me_D, ladyc0524 and Annie_M like this.
    09-27-2022 07:15 PM
144 ... 3456