I'm taking it off!

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
My iPhone 13 case that is. :cool:

I read this article from ZDNet in my Apple News this morning and found it very persuasive:

Apple politely explains why iPhone cases are a waste of money.

Before you explain why you rightfully need a case and that it as saved you many times, let me say that going caseless is surely not for everyone. But it is right for me. I very rarely drop my phone, of all the iPhones I've owned I have had to replace ONE cracked screen, and I have Apple Care.

So, I'm going caseless. When I replace my 13 with a 14 in a couple of months, I can decide then whether it still looks as good as it does now. And it does look fantastic out of the case.

I too love the naked iPhone but the minor scratches and dents on the edges are a big thing when exchanging your phone! So I just put on a full-body film protector from Gadgetshieldz; it is more than enough for scratch and dent protection!

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the phones look pretty without a case, but they are like holding a bar of soap sometimes. The commercial in the OP's article is ok, but I don't tend to drop my phone at home, but when I'm out in the real world - on concrete, or asphalt. I tend to drop it on hard surfaces with no give. I loved the Palm devices that had a coating on them that was tactile and non-slip.

Someday I can see Apple suddenly introducing a line with that non-slip surface like they invented it and it's a brand new concept that will revolutionize the mobile industry. smh (I get so cynical as I age. LOL)

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
I agree that the phones look pretty without a case, but they are like holding a bar of soap sometimes. The commercial in the OP's article is ok, but I don't tend to drop my phone at home, but when I'm out in the real world - on concrete, or asphalt. I tend to drop it on hard surfaces with no give. I loved the Palm devices that had a coating on them that was tactile and non-slip.

Someday I can see Apple suddenly introducing a line with that non-slip surface like they invented it and it's a brand new concept that will revolutionize the mobile industry. smh (I get so cynical as I age. LOL)

Haha, yeah the phone is slippery like a soap bar but after applying this film protector my phone is not slippery, this film is a little grippy!
The revolutionary concept cost a fortune, LOL...

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I too love the naked iPhone but the minor scratches and dents on the edges are a big thing when exchanging your phone! So I just put on a full-body film protector from Gadgetshieldz; it is more than enough for scratch and dent protection!

Scott, after your post, I looked at Gadgetshieldz thinking a super thin film might be a good compromise - prevent minor scratching and maybe make it a bit less slick. But, all I see are colored skins. I'm really surprised they don't make something transparent.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Accidents are called accidents for a reason. My house hasn't burned down in 20 years since I've had fire coverage as part of my homeowners insurance but it doesn't mean I'm going to get rid of it. No way in hell would I ever walk around caseless. Also, Apple tells you that you need a case to use the MagSafe functionality of a wallet. So...not sure why that article is saying something different than what Apple said previously.

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
Scott, after your post, I looked at Gadgetshieldz thinking a super thin film might be a good compromise - prevent minor scratching and maybe make it a bit less slick. But, all I see are colored skins. I'm really surprised they don't make something transparent.

Yeah, there are skins too, but you've to type in the search bar to find out the 13 screen protector! or here's the link,

https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/apple-iphone-13-screen-protector-screen-guards-covers.html

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Scott. I like the look and an ultra-thin skin might just be perfect. I was going to order one, but the shipping times are so long it would have arrive just a few weeks before the iPhone 14. I'll get one then.

Yeah, the shipping time is long but sometimes it is delivered sooner and the quality is good so the wait is worth it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2