Privacy screen with waterproof case?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone tried using a privacy screen protector on phone then also a life proof or similar case that has the built in screen protector? Does phone work properly or not?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
With the two cases I tried, the case wouldn’t snap together with the screen protector on.

I’ll also add the rain poncho with the QuadLock case will not work with a screen protector.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone tried using a privacy screen protector on phone then also a life proof or similar case that has the built in screen protector? Does phone work properly or not?

I have a regular Spigen glass screen protector on my 13 Pro, and it works just fine in the Catalyst waterproof case that I use occasionally. I'm not sure whether a privacy screen protector would be any thicker, but, if you follow the link to the case, they say that it works with most screen protectors.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a regular Spigen glass screen protector on my 13 Pro, and it works just fine in the Catalyst waterproof case that I use occasionally. I'm not sure whether a privacy screen protector would be any thicker, but, if you follow the link to the case, they say that it works with most screen protectors.

Yeah that’s my only concern if it’s too thick and interferes with trying to do anything on phone thru 2 protectors.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that’s my only concern if it’s too thick and interferes with trying to do anything on phone thru 2 protectors.

Two protectors? I guess I don't understand: you have a privacy screen protector and another screen protector, one on top of the other?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Two protectors? I guess I don't understand: you have a privacy screen protector and another screen protector, one on top of the other?

Well the privacy one goes right on glass. My case is a life proof fre. Has the built in protector. It’s waterproof so it snaps together. It’s not just the case that snaps in back of phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I think the Catalyst will be fine then. As I said, it works fine with their front piece snapped over mine with a screen protector on it. You can always return in the first 30 days if it doesn’t work. (That said, it is pricey…)

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can't speak about privacy screens, but I can tell you that my husband swears by his Otterbox Defender. I've used them in the past, but I don't enjoy the bulk they add. And of course, I hear about how I'm letting my expensive iPhone go "unprotected" all the time from him! :D If I were in a "rugged" environment, I wouldn't hesitate to use one!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
13 series all are IP68 water-resistant so what are you going to use the phone for?

Apple doesn't warrant against water damage, despite the rating. If you have a problem with your phone and the water indicators show that water was inside the phone, the repair cost ends up being a lot higher.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone.... feel free to recommend a case with a built in screen protector that doesn't feel like you're sliding your fingers over plastic instead of glass and doesn't show air bubbles.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So I just tried this again:

I have this screen protector on my 11 Pro Max:

Limited-time deal: Trianium (3 Packs) Screen Protector Designed for Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS Max (6.5" 2018) Premium HD Clarity 0.25mm Tempered Glass Screen Protector Easy Installation Alignment Case (3-Pack) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FP41MC5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dl_VZ2PKDX8BJ2F5S41NSSN

And I just tried this case again with the screen protector on it:

Cozycase Waterproof Case for iPhone 11 Pro Max, Underwater Shockproof Full-Body Rugged Bumper Sealed Case with Built-in Screen Protector for iPhone 11 Pro Max 6.5 inch 2019-Black https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5DBXT1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Z0NP3WMDJ6JN2M28MMM5

The case was a little tight to snap together, but it did finally seal. Seems like I’m having to touch the screen a little harder for everything to work, but it is working. I guess, if I wanted to, I could replace the screen protector with a privacy protector and it should work ok. I may try this combo for the weekend and see what happens.

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
Last edited:

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
For construction work, you should use the best protection case!

Best protection case for drop protection and a tempered glass screen protector is the best option IMO. Those waterproof cases with the built in screen protectors caused more problems with screen detection than what they're worth. Just read the comment from the poster above.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234