Is It Normal For The iPhone 13 Mini To Be Backordered?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
iphone backordered ?

It is not normal, but due to the pandemic and lockdown in China some models have been delayed.

You could check local apple stores for inventory, you might get lucky.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: iphone backordered ?

It is not normal, but due to the pandemic and lockdown in China some models have been delayed.

You could check local apple stores for inventory, you might get lucky.

I’m thinking that this is the reason as well.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
FFR is likely correct. It is strange times in global production and transportation. But It’s also probably going to have dependence on your color and disk space size choice. Some configurations are likely less available than others. IME the stock device in a less popular color has typically had the best chance of availability (again that just is my own experience).

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a iphone 13 mini 256 in starlight it says July 7th SMH.

That's rough. Supply chain issues stink. Hopefully, it won't take that long. I would continually check your local stores, including Apple, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Sam's Club & Costco. Hopefully you'll find one in stock before July.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a Mini for my wife. If she was ok with Green, I could have picked it up at my local store tomorrow, or had it shipped for a couple of days. The starlight was backordered into July. All of the other color were backordered until May 26. She was ok with pink, so that's what's coming.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a Mini for my wife. If she was ok with Green, I could have picked it up at my local store tomorrow, or had it shipped for a couple of days. The starlight was backordered into July. All of the other color were backordered until May 26. She was ok with pink, so that's what's coming.

Back in march I went from a 12 pro to the pink 13 mini. Best decision I ever made. Having a smaller device is so much nicer to use and the battery life is pretty good too !!

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Probably slashed production because the Mini only makes up 3% of iPhone sales.

"It’s interesting to see that Apple has decided to scrap the iPhone 13 mini from its local assembly plans. Perhaps the company knows that the mini version has low demand, no matter the efforts to make it more affordable, or this is just an indication that the iPhone 13 mini will be officially discontinued later this year."

https://9to5mac.com/2022/04/27/appl...hone-13-in-brazil-but-not-the-iphone-13-mini/

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a Mini for my wife. If she was ok with Green, I could have picked it up at my local store tomorrow, or had it shipped for a couple of days. The starlight was backordered into July. All of the other colors were backordered until May 26. She was ok with pink, so that's what's coming.

... and I just received the shipping notice; it's coming tomorrow. Weird. I know that Apple tends to deliver faster than they usually promise, but wasn't expecting it to ship the first business day after I ordered it when they said May 26.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and usually we would have waited for the fall to order a new phone, but I'm ordering now for two reasons:

first, my wife has an iPhone 8 now, and doesn't really need a new phone. Sher's fine with the 8. However, she prefers the phone as small as possible, and as it seems clear that the Mini will not be available in the iPhone 14 line, I decided to get her one now while it was still available...

second, her Mom has an iPhone 5c on Verizon that will shortly no longer be able to make or receive phone calls because of the upcoming loss of CDMA/EVDO, so we'll pass along the iPhone 8 to her. She rarely uses the phone - it's basically what she uses when she is driving, so the iPhone 8 should be fine for a while for her. Well get the battery replaced in the 8 and pass I down to her in a few weeks.

third, and this will be a minor benefit, because she's fine with just a passcode, but my wife seems to have fingers that just don't work well with Touch ID, so I'm hoping that Face ID will be a better experience for her.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
You might want to reconsider the mini altogether and choose a different size. Apple not going forward with the mini

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
You might want to reconsider the mini altogether and choose a different size. Apple not going forward with the mini

Which is *exactly* why we bought this phone for my wife. This is the perfect size for her - she hated even the size of the iPhone 8 - and she keeps her phone for years, so we jumped on it while the chance was there (plus we needed a hand-me-down phone for her Mom, who uses a 5c, and will no longer be able to make calls when 3G networks go away at some point this year.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro