Battery Health

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I almost hate to bring it up but how’s your 13 Pro Max battery health holding up??

I’ve had mine almost 4 months and I’m at 98%. I stressed over it last year with my 12 PM but it ended up being at about 90 when I traded it for the 13 PM so it really wasn’t a big deal.

You can’t compare battery health with other users.
It’s all about how often you use which apps for how long after you charge it for how long with what charger at what times.

Just use your device and forget about battery health altogether.

Just remember: you’ll know when to get a new battery when it’s time. You can’t miss that.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
@Tartarus makes an excellent point. Everyone uses their iPhones differently, and comparing battery health with other users is not going to give you a clear picture.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the responses but battery health is a number and is easily compared from one device to another. It’s not complicated at all. My device is approximately 4 months old and the battery health has degraded to 98%.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the responses but battery health is a number and is easily compared from one device to another. It’s not complicated at all. My device is approximately 4 months old and the battery health has degraded to 98%.

What does that say? I can’t tell you if that’s too much degradation or just on par with your use case.

Some people use their phones only for calling and texting and others are playing games on it or use it for navigation in the car, while the phone is plugged in the charger.

Hence my comment about not easy to compare based on battery health status.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
What does that say? I can’t tell you if that’s too much degradation or just on par with your use case.

Some people use their phones only for calling and texting and others are playing games on it or use it for navigation in the car, while the phone is plugged in the charger.

Hence my comment about not easy to compare based on battery health status.

I’m not even sure what good the number is because of what you describe. I guess if you are buying a used device you will at least know how heavily it was used and how much battery is left.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No, it's not complicated. It's all about what you do on your iPhone, and how you have your settings set up. Users do it differently. Different apps, different time of use, different ways of doing things in settings.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Just my two cents but I just don't think this is something to stress over whatsoever.
Use your smartphone as you need to use it: calling, texting, web surfing, photos and videos, games, music, GPS directions, work emails, social media, smart home and voice controls, financial apps. At least those are what I use it for but I'm sure others have other usages. When it needs a charge I plug it in. Don;t even worry about it. Just use it as you need for these things you want and need. With optimized charging enabled, it's going to know what your general charging patterns are and work to keep it from staying at 100% for extended times. This alone will get good solid life out of it. Batteries in smartphones are now very good. My GF has a 6+ and never worried about how she charged it. When it needed a charge she charged it. It still gets mostly full day of modest usage.

On another note, on all my trade ins with Apple I've never seen them ask about the battery metric. Physical appearance (no cracks etc) and general functionality are all they care about. I've always assumed prior to resale they replace the battery.

Your phone should be an enhancement not a worry. Peace...

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Don't worry about it and seek Apple support if something is very wrong. We buy identical Apple mobile devices 10 to 3 dozen at a time. The different use, apps and locations show differences like you mention. An official Apple battery replacement out of warranty is typically not very expensive so wasting too much time and labor over a small matter is also not worth it.

With 200+ devices in MDM I wold say your scenario is not unusual. Still, knowing how I think and act it is understandable to wonder or have some concern. Hopefully your new purchase will be fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2