Android to Apple

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It's been a little over a week. Yes, very happy with the switch. Still something of a learning curve on some things.

You will find that the iPhone just works with no glitches like android devices have. Also you get every update period no one is left out! Also sign up for beta it’s great I am on IOS 16 beta now.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Ouch , apparently the pixel 6 pro is having some issues.

650457ac6d1273b310935ea12d44e687.jpg

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the pixel 6 series is a total failure for google this year. Samsung s22 is the android device to get.

True, while the 6 has been a total failure for google this year. The s22 hasn’t sold that many units either. If you break down global sales for the first three months, sales have crashed.

9d304207fc09834562476236f4e74946.png

As for demand or lack thereof; samsung mobile is reportedly sitting on an inventory surplus of 50 million phones for the quarter. It’s a disaster.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
After researching the s22 series I find the pixel series much better. I add a line my son took my number for his business and the wife wants my mini. I got a free pixel 6a and free galaxy watch 4 44 mm to boot. I just hope the match up to my mini got 14?days to return.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
After researching the s22 series I find the pixel series much better. I add a line my son took my number for his business and the wife wants my mini. I got a free pixel 6a and free galaxy watch 4 44 mm to boot. I just hope the match up to my mini got 14?days to return.

Ouch. Google acquiring what remained of htc mobile business killed the pixel, htc phone were always full of bugs and had hardware issues. That was a pretty bad decision.

I would have chosen another iPhone over a free pixel. Seems to be a lot of android users switching to iPhones this year.

081420616ef0baf659deec47caefb0f7.jpg

49bb90f08e282153afb7da85835dae06.jpg

7719b9eb4e1c5b90981fcf19553265bd.jpg

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The Pixel 6A is a very nice device. Google did a great job with that. All the reviews on the pixel 6 in my opinion are all wrong. The fingerprint sensor on this phone works perfect. Not a problem in the world. But I do have problems with some apps which I'm not happy with and at this point in time it looks like I'll be returning to 6A and sticking with my 13 pro.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Android sales itself are down apple has over 70% of smart phones around the world. Personally I prefer Android but have nothing but problems with them. Now apple devices just work period!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately android isn’t a monolith.

If you disregard the 4 android oems from China (bbk/xiaomi/Huawei/lenevo) and the last Korean oem samsung, there isn’t much left in the android world.

All that is left is asus, Sony, and google. Collectively they will release 7 phones in 2022, none of them will sell in any significant number. In a year or two Sony, asus, and/or google can very well give up on smartphones.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Personally I believe that apple will be the only phone manufacturer left after android goes out of business. If android doesn’t fix their problems they won’t make it.
And what I mean is all the app issues and the OS so fragmentated between all the different manufacturers where are apple updates are all the same unless you have a device that is so old it doesn't get anymore updates.

Last edited:

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Personally I believe that apple will be the only phone manufacturer left after android goes out of business. If android doesn’t fix their problems they won’t make it.
And what I mean is all the app issues and the OS so fragmentated between all the different manufacturers where are apple updates are all the same unless you have a device that is so old it doesn't get anymore updates.

I'm really surprised Samsung hasn't tried to make their phones more like apple. They have their own app store, just not utilized well. They add their own UI on top of base android. Why not start pushing for apps to be on the Samsung store and follow a guide to how Samsung wants it to look like how apple does. If Samsung could demand apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and others to use all of the featurs their phones offer it would be great.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I also feel like, here in the states, iMessage is one of the reasons people get locked into apples ecosystem. Without apple offering RCS through standard text/MMS it hinders conversations outside of iMessage. If they would open that up to where full length videos and pictures could be both sent and received, I feel like the switch rate would slow. I know I wouldn't be on apple then but considering everyone I talk to is on an iphone, it makes the switch hard. Send videos or receiving videos just come out blurry.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm really surprised Samsung hasn't tried to make their phones more like apple. They have their own app store, just not utilized well. They add their own UI on top of base android. Why not start pushing for apps to be on the Samsung store and follow a guide to how Samsung wants it to look like how apple does. If Samsung could demand apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and others to use all of the featurs their phones offer it would be great.

They are unable to. Samsungs share in the premium segment is crumbling, and that’s the segment most developers focus on when it comes to allocating resources in order to generate revenue.

Basically the app developers go to where the money is.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I also feel like, here in the states, iMessage is one of the reasons people get locked into apples ecosystem. Without apple offering RCS through standard text/MMS it hinders conversations outside of iMessage. If they would open that up to where full length videos and pictures could be both sent and received, I feel like the switch rate would slow. I know I wouldn't be on apple then but considering everyone I talk to is on an iphone, it makes the switch hard. Send videos or receiving videos just come out blurry.

How long before google abandons rcs?
It’s already a fragmented mess due to carrier involvement.

Also, I don’t think you can call iMessages a lock-in, just because you prefer android. Apple doesn’t force anyone to use it, users can stop using it or an iPhone at anytime. Most users choose not to because “it just works”.

By that logic privacy is another apple lock-in since you lose it as soon as you switch to android.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Apple has the best reviews of most cell phones. Repairs are super easy to get done. Updates come to almost every apple device. Most people like android due to how easy it is to set your device your way.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My only complaint is the iOS is always the same and I get tired of it where as android is much better you can always change it around.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Plenty of android users calling android boring on
Twitter, even though they can move things around.

They probably got bored of moving things around

e3a6740026d16def74ed6e9389b4b0e1.jpg

6b7c90399dae62f0f91ee546af8fc109.jpg

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I switched back to Android again Best buy had an great trade in for my 13 pro for a s22 ultra. The S22 has a bigger and brighter screen for me and my aging eyes. Still have iPad and Mac mini and Apple tv.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2