Considering apples big boys since 2014, I have used the 6+,6S+,7+,XSmax, and now the 13ProMAX. I watch a ton of YouTube, Netflix , take tons of pictures, and my 13PM is probably “The best” iPhone I have owned. And that is considering my very first iPhone 4…. But each one of these BIG phones has always came with a cost. Weight and size. Since the 12 mini came out last year, I have been intrigued over this new idea of a handheld computer that “FITS” in your hand, comfortably. I was so intrigued that I upgraded my in-laws to a 12 mini from their iPhone 7’s. I borrowed my mother in laws 12 mini to take some photos on our family trip over the summer and was blown away by the portable size and comfort. It was like using a large GoPro. However the battery life wasn’t the greatest. When it was my turn to upgrade, I had to have apple’s greatest. And I do, but…. I can’t get out of my mind that perfect size… Anyone else feel this, or moved from a 13PM to a 13 mini??
    xanadome likes this.
    01-23-2022 08:52 PM
    I went from a 13 to a 13 mini and back to a 13.
    I love the size of the mini. However, I found reading stuff, browsing etc. A LITTLE (ie not much) less tiring on the 13 compared to the mini. Also, watching pictures with friends eg in a coffee shop turned out to be much nicer on a bigger screen.
    But I still can't get the mini out of my head and cannot guarantee that I will not make another swap before September ;-)
    If you have good eyesight the mini should not be a problem. But don't you think you will miss the PM size when watching Netflix, Youtube? I don't watch that on the phone, so that was not an issue for me on the mini.
    01-24-2022 08:10 AM
    All the models work well. Everything we buy in the enterprise and what our employees have. I stick with the large screen for how often it means I don't need my laptop or a tablet.
    01-24-2022 09:10 AM
    If you watch a ton of video on YouTube, Netflix, and take tons of pictures, the Mini may not be your best bet. The size is perfect but you'll be compromising on cameras (won't have that extra third lens), it'll have a smaller display, and the battery life won't be nearly as good as the 13 or the 13 Pros. Are those trade-offs worth it?

Just something to consider.
    01-24-2022 11:36 AM
    If you watch a ton of video on YouTube, Netflix, and take tons of pictures, the Mini may not be your best bet. The size is perfect but you'll be compromising on cameras (won't have that extra third lens), it'll have a smaller display, and the battery life won't be nearly as good as the 13 or the 13 Pros. Are those trade-offs worth it?

Just something to consider.
    I did the same thing and it was worth it! The mini is worth the downsizing not heavy at all and the camera is excellent IMHO.
    02-10-2022 10:36 AM
    My wife loves the size of her 13 mini, but battery life is definitely a weakness.
    02-11-2022 04:54 PM
    I have always used the max sizes but when the 13 series released I went with the pro 13. Except for battery same benefits and features as the max
    My battery life is fine and I like the footprint on the pro. And with smaller handbags it’s a better fit for me
    Annie_M and aximtreo like this.
    02-16-2022 11:09 AM
    I have both and the pro is nice but way too heavy for me. I settled for the mini and gave my son the pro.
    02-16-2022 02:09 PM
    Yesterday I met the friend I sold my 13 mini to.
    I love(d) the mini - but when the guy showed me pictures & messages on his screen, the small display felt strange.
    Apparently, I got very much used to the screen (and overall) size of my 13 now, and don't think I would want to go back to a mini size.
    Of course weight & form factor of the mini still feels great - but you can't have it all, I guess?
    P.S. the guy is very happy with the mini, so we are still friends ;-)
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-20-2022 10:46 AM
    Looks like Apple won’t be moving forward with the mini
    What the?
    For those that like the mini this sucks
    03-15-2022 09:31 PM
    Looks like Apple won’t be moving forward with the mini
    What the?
    For those that like the mini this sucks
    Well that does suck. I just moved from the 12 Pro to the 13 mini because of the compact style. I was under the impression that Apple was doing well with the smaller screen of the mini
    03-20-2022 02:46 PM
    I saw it in my news feed. Talks of it
    03-20-2022 02:51 PM
    I saw it in my news feed. Talks of it
    Hopefully that’s all is it…. Just talk and no action
    03-20-2022 03:03 PM
    There are so many rumors that it’s hard to know what to believe!
    03-20-2022 03:09 PM
    Hope so. So many people have gotten it.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-20-2022 03:24 PM
    Yes, rumors that Apple was going to retire the Mini size started last year, when it was clear that the 12 Mini had undersold Apple's expectations for it. It's not 100% clear that this is the reason - Apple is often willing to keep a product that doesn't necessarily have great sales - but this is not a new rumor.
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-21-2022 11:56 AM
    Yes, rumors that Apple was going to retire the Mini size started last year, when it was clear that the 12 Mini had undersold Apple's expectations for it. It's not 100% clear that this is the reason - Apple is often willing to keep a product that doesn't necessarily have great sales - but this is not a new rumor.
    Off topic question…..why is your avatar the same exact as Jude526 are you one in the same lol
    03-21-2022 03:15 PM
    Off topic question…..why is your avatar the same exact as Jude526 are you one in the same lol
    I don't even have an avatar, so not sure what you are seeing? (see screenshot)

Going from 13ProMax to 13mini….-screen-shot-2022-03-21-3.27.07-pm.png
    03-21-2022 03:28 PM
    I don't even have an avatar, so not sure what you are seeing? (see screenshot)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 3.27.07 PM.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	131753
    Well your screenshot is broken…and now that I refreshed the page, Jude’s avatar is gone from your avatar spot. Very strange!! The imore ghosts are playing tricks on me
    I swear I’m not crazy…I wish I would’ve taken a screenshot to show you what I saw!
    03-21-2022 03:50 PM
    I strongly believe that the mini will reappear as the SE4, in 2023 or (rather) 2024. They can't do that, if they continue the mini as mini. But they need an SE as their lower end product. And, they can't forever continue with an iPhone 6 design, even in the low end range.
    03-22-2022 05:06 AM
    I personally think the mini has the best forum factor of them all, it fits great in your hand and pretty much has the same specs as it’s bigger counterparts with the exception of the camera which a lot of folks think is the deal breaker.

I know several small companies who have adopted the mini as their new corporate device. Several folks here in my community use a mini and they love it.
    03-22-2022 09:36 AM
    Well your screenshot is broken…and now that I refreshed the page, Jude’s avatar is gone from your avatar spot. Very strange!! The imore ghosts are playing tricks on me
    I swear I’m not crazy…I wish I would’ve taken a screenshot to show you what I saw!
    iMore is haunted!!! LOL!
    03-22-2022 09:48 AM
    It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the "original SE" smaller than the 2020 and 2022 models? I remember that the 2020 model was/is about the same size as the iPhone 8. And then came the mini, which was smaller. So, I think it's a safe bet that Apple will continue offering some sort of smaller form factor. It's good to have a variety to choose from... imho!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-22-2022 10:02 AM
    iMore is haunted!!! LOL!

Spencerdl and Annie_M like this.
    03-22-2022 10:07 AM
    I personally think the mini has the best forum factor of them all, it fits great in your hand and pretty much has the same specs as it’s bigger counterparts with the exception of the camera which a lot of folks think is the deal breaker.

I know several small companies who have adopted the mini as their new corporate device. Several folks here in my community use a mini and they love it.
    I seriously LOVE the mini….the point you made about the camera is the only thing that has been concerning me since getting mine 1-1/2wks ago. I have till this Friday if I change my mind. I’ve been playing with the camera a lot and just finding myself disappointed in some pics I was able to take with my 12 Pro that the mini is not exactly capable of.
    SOOO….with that being said I *might* go back to my 12 Pro, but I’m dreading the size of the phone. I got so used to the handability (is that a word) of the mini and loooooove that about it. I take anywhere from 5 to 30 pics a day of my grand daughter and labs….but as much as I love this phone I may just suck it up and deal with the camera UGH I hate having to compromise & make decisions on what to stick with.

First world problems …..I know 🫣

EDIT to add: I’m keeping the mini! I played around with the camera ALOT more today & watched some YouTube vid comparisons. I’m quite happy with what I’ve seen. Will there be some compromises yes but I’m willing to deal.
    Last edited by ThePinkChameleon; 03-22-2022 at 03:19 PM.
    03-22-2022 10:32 AM
46 12