Charging

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m planning on buying a few USB charging cards for Christmas for my family that has iPhone 13’s. Better to buy lighting ports, usb-c or mag safe?

also, what’s the difference between 5W and 20W

Last edited:

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I got a mophie type coaster couple years ago to charge my iPhone 11. I was just wondering if it would be OK to charge my 13 withIMG_2355.JPG

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
When I am out and about I carry a portable charger with me. I also use it at home when I am using my iPhone and no outlet is available.

MontrelExpo67

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
The 20w charger uses a new battery tech called Gan, it creates much more power without adding the size.
And apple supports the max 20w charger, so it will charge your phone 3 time quicker, but will not affect nothing

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
It’s about your individual use case and subsequent charging needs. Does your phone run out of juice often? If it’s rare then imho no need to carry around a bank. I keep a cable in my car glove box if long drive. (Will eventually get a vent attach MagSafe with wire that plugs into my car USB).
At home, if you don’t need fastest charging possible, for ease of use MagSafe is the king of kings. I Didn’t use MagSafe at first but once I did, that daily finding the wire then stick it in the lightning port seemed an oddly sucky process after all.