Need help on New iPhone 13 pro max setup

PAC757

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I have been using an iPhone 11 company issued phone, the phone belongs to me but it is under a Verizon account. My company decided to do away with the Verizon corporate account and just pay us monthly to use our own phones. Here is my confusion, I have my personal phones on AT&T, I purchased an AT&T iPhone 13 pro max just sitting in the unopened box it came in. Here is my question for anyone that can help me, when I go to set it up and I use my Verizon iPhone 11 backup is it going to cause me problems on an AT&T iPhone 13 pro max, I understand the 5G stuff but I believe that has more to do with the SIM than the software, Verizon sticks some of there stuff even in their iphones.
I would hate to start from scratch but will definitely be safer my only problem is my work text messages, I use my messages like a storage folder and know of no way to keep them other than using an icloud backup. Sorry if this is elementary, but I have only used iPhones for work, all my other phones since 2010 have been Android phones. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There shouldn’t be an issue setting up your new device. Restoring from backup will only restore anything that was saved to iCloud. I don’t believe carrier settings are included in that. Hopefully, someone that has switched carriers recently will chime in soon. I’ve only owned iPhones on Verizon, but again I don’t see this being an issue for you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,
I have been using an iPhone 11 company issued phone, the phone belongs to me but it is under a Verizon account. My company decided to do away with the Verizon corporate account and just pay us monthly to use our own phones. Here is my confusion, I have my personal phones on AT&T, I purchased an AT&T iPhone 13 pro max just sitting in the unopened box it came in. Here is my question for anyone that can help me, when I go to set it up and I use my Verizon iPhone 11 backup is it going to cause me problems on an AT&T iPhone 13 pro max, I understand the 5G stuff but I believe that has more to do with the SIM than the software, Verizon sticks some of there stuff even in their iphones.
I would hate to start from scratch but will definitely be safer my only problem is my work text messages, I use my messages like a storage folder and know of no way to keep them other than using an icloud backup. Sorry if this is elementary, but I have only used iPhones for work, all my other phones since 2010 have been Android phones. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

You will have zero issues.

There is absolutely no carrier bloatware on iPhones either. So that isn’t a concern.

If I were you and wanted to keep all your messages I’d do the phone to phone transfer or an iTunes/Finder backup/restore using the encrypted backup method.

PAC757

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
You will have zero issues.

There is absolutely no carrier bloatware on iPhones either. So that isn’t a concern.

If I were you and wanted to keep all your messages I’d do the phone to phone transfer or an iTunes/Finder backup/restore using the encrypted backup method.

Thank you very much, your advice worked out fine. This Saved my text messages, and really didn't take long. Thank you.

PAC757

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
There shouldn’t be an issue setting up your new device. Restoring from backup will only restore anything that was saved to iCloud. I don’t believe carrier settings are included in that. Hopefully, someone that has switched carriers recently will chime in soon. I’ve only owned iPhones on Verizon, but again I don’t see this being an issue for you.

Thank you, you were correct, the only thing that seemed to stay were just the few Verizon dial numbers in my contacts, such as check balance, check upgrade, data usage... I really never used those anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73