Apple Wallet

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Do you like it? I bought one and just now put it on my phone’s leather mag safe case and to me it doesn’t seem to be all that secure. My popsocket mag safe grips attach much more securely!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I already have an older Fossil minimalist front pocket wallet, even has tin foil protection. (NFC blocking). Has a magnetic piece to secure cash and erase hotel keycards. I like it. iWallet doesn’t have a money flap. I won’t be getting it.

I’m pretty sure the magnitude will erase hotel keys.

Which iPhone do you have ? It seems to fit on the mini’s case better than the larger models…

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have one, and it's been fine for me (though I only use it occasionally.) It's never fallen off the case.

It's not all that useful IMO as you need to remove it from the case to take a card out. I know that Mous makes one; I may try one of those.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have one, and it's been fine for me (though I only use it occasionally.) It's never fallen off the case.

It's not all that useful IMO as you need to remove it from the case to take a card out. I know that Mous makes one; I may try one of those.

I had no idea you had to remove the wallet to take a card out. That’s really odd & I’m sure it’s quite annoying in certain situations.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had no idea you had to remove the wallet to take a card out. That’s really odd & I’m sure it’s quite annoying in certain situations.

I do not know exactly what the Apple wallet is for. If the idea is to carry plastics on your phone, it defats the purpose. Around here, you can use tap payment almost 100% of the time and I use AppleWallet app for it. I carry a wallet for D/L and other ID and credit cars but it's backup for phone wallet. Beside, I really do not understand MagSafe. The trip-proof feature for laptop was great. But having a strong magnet built into the phone sounds scary particularly if it's only for positioning etc. I do not need a magnet for alignment at all. And an Apple clear case wth in-ur-face large marking of MagSafe? My daughter rejected it. Why does Apple has to mark the back of clear case when MagSafe charger is supposed to align itself?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I do not know exactly what the Apple wallet is for. If the idea is to carry plastics on your phone, it defats the purpose. Around here, you can use tap payment almost 100% of the time and I use AppleWallet app for it. I carry a wallet for D/L and other ID and credit cars but it's backup for phone wallet. Beside, I really do not understand MagSafe. The trip-proof feature for laptop was great. But having a strong magnet built into the phone sounds scary particularly if it's only for positioning etc. I do not need a magnet for alignment at all. And an Apple clear case wth in-ur-face large marking of MagSafe? My daughter rejected it. Why does Apple has to mark the back of clear case when MagSafe charger is supposed to align itself?

I pretty much use Apple Pay everywhere too. The wallet could have been convenient for running quick errands, as I need my driver’s license on hand. I will not be purchasing one!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I do not know exactly what the Apple wallet is for. If the idea is to carry plastics on your phone, it defats the purpose. Around here, you can use tap payment almost 100% of the time and I use AppleWallet app for it.

I can tell you how I use it (when I do): I ran a road race a few weeks ago and needed to have ID and proof of vaccination, plus I wanted my health insurance card. Proof of vaccination I could have on the Wallet app, but the wallet let me carry my license and health insurance card with only my iPhone. I may continue to do this when I go out for long runs. I know that there are better wallet cases out there, but I don't need a wallet case: I just need a way to carry a couple of cards just every once in a while.

Why does Apple has to mark the back of clear case when MagSafe charger is supposed to align itself?

Because the case is thick enough that it makes the magnetic force too weak for some uses (eg, placing on a magnetic mount in an automobile). The MagSafe in the case gives stronger magnetic force at the back of the case.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the wallet for about a year now. Absolutely love it as I never carry cash and only 2 credit/bank cards and my driver's license at any time. Some places don't take apple pay or tap to pay around us yet for some strange reason, so I still have to carry plastic.

It is odd that you have remove the wallet to slide the card out but it's really second nature to me now.

As far as secure hold to the phone, I use a Spigen case with magsafe tech built in. That wallet really clamps onto the case. Plus it adds some nice grip and reminds you of the art battery case feel of the hump back.

It should be noted that the version released for the 13 now features find my technology which the original wallet does not have.

I hope this helps

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It should be noted that the version released for the 13 now features find my technology which the original wallet does not have.

Yes, that's the one that I have, and I do get notifications as soon as I remove the wallet from the case. It's a nice feature.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, that's the one that I have, and I do get notifications as soon as I remove the wallet from the case. It's a nice feature.

That is a very nice feature! I’ve always had concerns about security issues with wallets and this feature takes care of a-lot of them!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I resisted for a few years, but I now have Apple wallet and a Apple credit card on my iPhone and I like it.

I primarily use it for grocery shopping and gas purchases at the moment and so far it’s fast and saves me some time when I am in a hurry.

I do still use cash for gas when they offer a discount for cash which saves me money per gallon. So far, I am liking it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Instead of starting a new thread and see Apple Wallet is discussed, figured id ask my inquiry here i cant find an answer to. I picked up my 13PM yesterday, i came from a X and I have a Series 3 watch. I was always able to use Quick Wallet access on both my phone and watch with my X, however with 13PM my quick wallet access isnt working (phone just turns on and off). I did restore from a backup, i did confirm the feature to double click is enabled and went through all the troubleshooting including hard restart but no resolve. Can Wallet quick access on Phone be access with it enabled on Apple Watch, or does it become disabled on the phone? Like i said with X i was able to use it but may be different with the new phones. Thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Can Wallet quick access on Phone be access with it enabled on Apple Watch, or does it become disabled on the phone? Like i said with X i was able to use it but may be different with the new phones. Thanks

Do you mean Apple Pay? Oh, yes. Double click of the side button brigs up Apple Pay on my iPhone 13 Pro while I am wearing my Apple Watch.

To access the wallet, I have the icon enabled in my control center.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my wallet with nothing in for the last two weeks, just to see how secure it is (or isn't). In that time, it has never come off the case and has been very reliable, so I've finally put my drives license and health insurance card in it and will just carry them that way most of the time. (I am supposed to fly in a couple of weeks so when I go through security at the airports I'll put them back in my "regular" wallet just for the day through the airports.)

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean Apple Pay? Oh, yes. Double click of the side button brigs up Apple Pay on my iPhone 13 Pro while I am wearing my Apple Watch.

To access the wallet, I have the icon enabled in my control center.

Yes, i meant Apple Pay. Double click is not working and i do have enabled under Settings > Wallet section...so weird.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
How about Settings / Accessibility / Side Button. Is click speed set to "default"?

I was not aware of this, I did check and it’s set to default…I tried all of them and even if I follow the pattern (you feel when selecting) it just turns screen off.

Ok, it seems my CC did not activate properly with backup restore, re-added it and now the function is working as expected. It’s weird that I have additional cards in the wallet but only when I fixed my CC situation did everything start working. Anyway it’s working now thanks for your help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was not aware of this, I did check and it’s set to default…I tried all of them and even if I follow the pattern (you feel when selecting) it just turns screen off.

Ok, it seems my CC did not activate properly with backup restore, re-added it and now the function is working as expected. It’s weird that I have additional cards in the wallet but only when I fixed my CC situation did everything start working. Anyway it’s working now thanks for your help

Awesome and thanks for the follow-up.