dual sims question

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I ordered ordered the 13 Pro sierra blue 256 GB yesterday. i’ve never had a phone with dual Sims. do I need a physical sim from AT&T since I don’t have a work phone number. Can I take advantage of the 5G with my eSIM?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you ordered your new iPhone using your AT&T account from Apple then your phone will have or should have the eSIM enabled already and all you have to do is activate it when you go through the device setup. You can also insert your current SIM and turn off the eSIM.

As for 5G, if you have a 5G plan AND 5G is in your area then yes, you’ll be able to experience it.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If you ordered your new iPhone using your AT&T account from Apple then your phone will have or should have the eSIM enabled already and all you have to do is activate it when you go through the device setup. You can also insert your current SIM and turn off the eSIM.

As for 5G, if you have a 5G plan AND 5G is in your area then yes, you’ll be able to experience it.

but do I need both? my current sim in my 11 will work? i’ve never takin my Sim out, how do you do that before you trade it in? Is the only advantage in having eSIM and physical Sim for two phone numbers?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
but do I need both?
. No, you do not need both SIMs.
my current sim in my 11 will work?
Yes, the current SIM should work.
i’ve never takin my Sim out, how do you do that before you trade it in?
On the side of your iPhone, you should see a slot with a pin hole next to it. Carefully Insert a paper clip or the preferred SIM removal tool and press until the SIM tray ejects. Afterwards, remove the SIM and then reinsert the SIM tray.
Is the only advantage in having eSIM and physical Sim for two phone numbers?
Yes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative