Drop protection

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
What is the best case to get with the iPhone 13 to prevent drops. Do the leather cases slide in your pocket easy that Apple has to offer? Since there is a camera bump, Do you think the cameras crack easy if you accidentally drop your phone.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
First off there aren’t any cases that Prevents you from dropping your phone but you know that

As for the raised camera bumps on the Pro’s my case came with a protective lip around the cut out that’s slightly higher than the lenses

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
First off there aren’t any cases that Prevents you from dropping your phone but you know that

As for the raised camera bumps on the Pro’s my case came with a protective lip around the cut out that’s slightly higher than the lenses

I worded it wrong. Lol. I should have said a case that has more protection against drops. What case did you get?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 13 Pro Max three times in the 10 days I’ve had it from my lap to the ground while leaving my car. STUPID STUPID!!!!!

No damage at all but with no Apple + or screen protector I’m playing a dangerous game

Guess I worry more about my 9 month old Chihuahua than I do of pieces of glass and Stainless Steel

I have taken a few precautions since and don’t plan on making that error again

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
What is the best case to get with the iPhone 13 to prevent drops. Do the leather cases slide in your pocket easy that Apple has to offer? Since there is a camera bump, Do you think the cameras crack easy if you accidentally drop your phone.

I have found the Apple leather cases are the easiest to slide in to pockets however it depends on how your phone lands on the surface there is some protection .

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox Defender’s are good, but also super bulky and always tend to feel flimsy after a while. If you want to spend around the same cost for a more comfortable case that has great drop protection, look at Mous. If you’re ok with bumpers, you can save even more, or even spend less on a full case from Rhinoshield. Mous and Rhinoshield have incredible drop protection at a fraction of thickness of the Otterbox.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Otterbox Defender’s are good, but also super bulky and always tend to feel flimsy after a while....

I agree with this! I cleaned my husband's iPhone on Sunday, and I couldn't believe how "loose" the outer bumper was. He rarely takes off the case... only when cleaning. I will share your recommendations about Mous and Rhinoshield! :D

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Thickest case I use that provides OK drop protection is the Evutec Karbon.
Thinnest would be Pitaka Air. They also make a more rugged version called MagEz Case Pro. I was going to pick one up but at $55 TBH I'm happy with my Karbon ($40). If you must have the best protection I'd get the Mous case. It's proven to protect the phone from any damage whatsoever with repeated HARD tosses to a brick wall. Think of the Samsonite ad from the early 70s with the gorilla in the cage in full rage against the suitcase! ;)

Love to use the phone naked but can't knowing that just a single drop is a real threat to the back glass. I use a tempered glass screen cover. And in most cases a drop leaves the phone working, there's always a tiny scuff or ding on the edge that catches a finger to remind us of said mishap. Like having something stuck between teeth with no way to remove it. Annoying AF to some of us! ;)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711