My thoughts exactly
    Agreed. I know that some carriers allow you to pop your sim into an unlocked phone, it was a pain with MetroPcs. I had to call each time for them to electronically transfer the information from one phone to another.

I have Visible now and simply swap phones when I want. Plus I don't have to call and request a sim unlock should I travel internationally.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-28-2021 07:38 AM
    eSIM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-11-2022 08:18 AM
    Carrier free is the only way that makes sense buying an iPhone. It baffles me why people continue to purchase phones through carriers.
    The only way to get carrier-free phones is to pay for them outright. Not everyone can drop $1,000 - $1,500 on a phone at once.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-12-2022 04:30 PM
    The only way to get carrier-free phones is to pay for them outright. Not everyone can drop $1,000 - $1,500 on a phone at once.
    Apple sells carrier free phones all the time. 2 years 0% financing.Stop spreading false information.
    01-12-2022 08:04 PM
    It was a piece of cake going from a physical SIM on the iPhone X to an eSIM on 13 Pro for me. As long as you followed Verizon's instructions, of course (which is basically turn off Find My on the old phone, turn off the old phone, start the new phone, start a manual set up until it activates. Then it will come to a step that allows you to use Quick Start, restore from backup. etc., when you can turn on the old phone and use Quick Start if you wish.)
    Yep, from a physical SIM to an eSIM is really simple and straightforward!
    01-13-2022 11:42 PM
    Carrier free is the only way that makes sense buying an iPhone. It baffles me why people continue to purchase phones through carriers.
    While I agree, my carrier offered an extra $150 on my trade in compared to apple towards a new phone…and plus I get a 30% discount for services through my carrier as well. So in the end I paid much less through my carrier than apple, that’s the only reason I’d say carrier option is better…for my situation.

Physical Sim
    01-14-2022 08:18 PM
    While I agree, my carrier offered an extra $150 on my trade in compared to apple towards a new phone…and plus I get a 30% discount for services through my carrier as well. So in the end I paid much less through my carrier than apple, that’s the only reason I’d say carrier option is better…for my situation.

Physical Sim
    The carrier option is never better. The over charge you for their monthly service to begin with. They play games with the numbers to lead you to believe that you;re getting a deal. By the looks of it, you already fell for it. Apple's trade in prices are just as aggressive, and your phone is unlocked from day one free to use on any network....FROM DAY ONE.
    01-14-2022 11:04 PM
    The carrier option is never better. The over charge you for their monthly service to begin with. They play games with the numbers to lead you to believe that you;re getting a deal. By the looks of it, you already fell for it. Apple's trade in prices are just as aggressive, and your phone is unlocked from day one free to use on any network....FROM DAY ONE.
    Ok buddy sure, you know everything about all the pricing and can guarantee without having facts on my situation that I’m wrong. But I fell for it, even when I did compare month to month costing was Better than apples offering. And the phone is unlocked from day 1…and if I wanted out of my contract in 6 months and I could pay remainder of the phone with no consequences. Maybe you don’t know every fact?…but I’m the one who was fooled. Right. It’s one thing to express your opinion and it’s another to be persistent that you’re correct. So we can leave as is rather than get in a debate over nonsense
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-14-2022 11:29 PM
    Ok buddy sure, you know everything about all the pricing and can guarantee without having facts on my situation that I’m wrong. But I fell for it, even when I did compare month to month costing was Better than apples offering. And the phone is unlocked from day 1…and if I wanted out of my contract in 6 months and I could pay remainder of the phone with no consequences. Maybe you don’t know every fact?…but I’m the one who was fooled. Right. It’s one thing to express your opinion and it’s another to be persistent that you’re correct. So we can leave as is rather than get in a debate over nonsense
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/never-...save-hundreds/
    https://forums.imore.com/e?link=http...token=RsnM0hAl
    01-15-2022 12:07 AM
34 12