Sorry, I’m rather new to iOS. I’ve noticed that I’m not getting notified all the time of my messages. So far it seems to only be if I am using my iPad. Either that or it just stopped working last night. I also have an Apple Watch se and using an iPhone 13 pro max.
    Does having the iPad in use prevent being notified of messages? Is there a setting to always get notifications no matter what? Or is this a bug? I don’t have messages set up on the iPad.
    Thanks.
    10-01-2021 08:18 AM
    Using the iPad should not prevent the receipt of text messages, especially if your iPhone and Watch are on. With that being said, if you’re on your iPad and you have it set to only receive messages via your Apple ID then you’ll only receive “iMessages” while connected to the internet. You will not receive SMS messages. (I’m assuming you have a Wi-Fi Only model).

If your iPhone is near you while you’re on your iPad then you should receive all messages on your iPad as long as continuity is enabled. You can read more about it HERE.
    10-01-2021 08:55 AM
    Check your notification setting for messages
    10-01-2021 10:10 AM
    Check your notification setting for messages
    And Focus settings as well. You can set which people get through at which times.
    10-01-2021 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the replies. It seems to only be when I am on the iPad. I did make a change or two on my ipad though that may have fixed it. I have been through my messages settings and focus was off. All is good there. I’ll report back if it keeps happening or if it’s “fixed” and try to remember what I changed. Lol
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-01-2021 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the replies. It seems to only be when I am on the iPad. I did make a change or two on my ipad though that may have fixed it. I have been through my messages settings and focus was off. All is good there. I’ll report back if it keeps happening or if it’s “fixed” and try to remember what I changed. Lol
    That would be awesome! Thanks!
    10-01-2021 08:34 PM