just wondering where do you guys go get your phones at the Apple store or the carrier store which is AT&T for me. I guess with Apple being so popular it would be easier to go through your carrier?
    MrMars likes this.
    09-27-2021 04:34 PM
    I’ve dealt with both and the process for both are almost identical, in my opinion.
    MrMars and scruffypig like this.
    09-27-2021 05:06 PM
    Carrier online super easy.
    09-27-2021 06:18 PM
    Apple store this year for me … it was super easy
    09-27-2021 08:56 PM
    Apple store online and super easy. I bought unlocked and transferred everything, including eSIM using Apple’s QuickStart.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    09-27-2021 09:05 PM
    just wondering where do you guys go get your phones at the Apple store or the carrier store which is AT&T for me. I guess with Apple being so popular it would be easier to go through your carrier?
    Apple Store for the more recent devices. I only received two iPhones through my carrier store, which is TELUS.
    Except for the first phone it was always smooth sailing for me
    scruffypig likes this.
    09-27-2021 09:23 PM
    I ordered an iPhone 13 from Apple unlocked and was going to use on T-Mobile. Several SIM cards later, it still will not keep signal. Put the same card in XR , works no problem. Apple CS was rude in trying to resolve. Don’t know if I would order from them again.
    09-27-2021 10:33 PM
    I always go to my carrier. This past January, I ordered from an AT&T rep at Sams. It worked out fine, but there were a few bumps along the way. Next time, I'll go to the carrier... probably a store.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    09-28-2021 11:48 AM
    This might sound weird but I always feel like I need to buy Apple products from my local Apple store to let Apple know that I picked it up or bought from my local store. I just don’t want it to close for some reason. it’s always busy so I guess it won’t close. it’s Penn Square in Oklahoma City by the way
    Annie_M and aximtreo like this.
    09-28-2021 12:11 PM
    This might sound weird but I always feel like I need to buy Apple products from my local Apple store to let Apple know that I picked it up or bought from my local store. I just don’t want it to close for some reason. it’s always busy so I guess it won’t close. it’s Penn Square in Oklahoma City by the way
    It doesn't sound weird. So many places have closed since the onset of the pandemic, that wanting to support local businesses makes complete sense!
    scruffypig likes this.
    09-28-2021 01:56 PM
    Depends on how fast (and bad) I want something. But I usually get it from Apple, either online or pick up at the local Apple store.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-28-2021 02:21 PM
    It doesn't sound weird. So many places have closed since the onset of the pandemic, that wanting to support local businesses makes complete sense!
    Do you think even Apple stores close
    09-28-2021 02:52 PM
    I don't really know! I guess it depends on the market in each location.
    09-28-2021 02:53 PM
    I just got my iPhone 13 at att. New contract just to get it. So far I’m loving it coming from the 6s.
    09-28-2021 04:58 PM
    Yes. One of the stores around me closed this year.
    09-28-2021 05:53 PM
    Yes they do close. I don’t have a Physical Apple Store anywhere near me, so I do everything online with Apple. They still provide amazing service.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-28-2021 06:40 PM
    Got our 2 13ProMax's at AT&T online. Seamless upgrade process. Have been on the Elite Plan since I get a work discount. And in our rural area of Indiana, AT&T is about all that works around here, so not much chance of switching carriers in the near future. Plus, $1000 off on each Iphone made it a sweet deal. Only incentive to go to Apple Store for us, which is 70 miles away, is the free classes you can get for buying your device there.
    One bad side is AT&T ties you into 36 month contract. You can pay it off anytime, but you lose the rest of your credits. So if I wanted to trade in 24 months, the $1000 credit turns into a $667 credit. Just have to do the math to see if it works. Ride it out 36 months and it's a fantastic deal. If I was on prepaid, then it would be the Apple Store because AT&T requires an unlimited plan to get those big credits. So it depends on your situation. If I lived i a larger area with all three big carriers having good service, and I liked to switch around, or was on prepaid, then definitely I would just do the Apple Store.
    Just_Me_D and aximtreo like this.
    10-04-2021 06:36 AM
    Got our 2 13ProMax's at AT&T online. Seamless upgrade process. Have been on the Elite Plan since I get a work discount. And in our rural area of Indiana, AT&T is about all that works around here, so not much chance of switching carriers in the near future. Plus, $1000 off on each Iphone made it a sweet deal. Only incentive to go to Apple Store for us, which is 70 miles away, is the free classes you can get for buying your device there.
    One bad side is AT&T ties you into 36 month contract. You can pay it off anytime, but you lose the rest of your credits. So if I wanted to trade in 24 months, the $1000 credit turns into a $667 credit. Just have to do the math to see if it works. Ride it out 36 months and it's a fantastic deal. If I was on prepaid, then it would be the Apple Store because AT&T requires an unlimited plan to get those big credits. So it depends on your situation. If I lived i a larger area with all three big carriers having good service, and I liked to switch around, or was on prepaid, then definitely I would just do the Apple Store.
    I’m thinking about getting the 13 Pro 128 GB Sierra blue. It still boggles my mind that a company like AT&T would give $1000 credit. Like you said I guess they are making it up tying you into a 36 month contract
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-05-2021 11:17 AM
    I’m thinking about getting the 13 Pro 128 GB Sierra blue. It still boggles my mind that a company like AT&T would give $1000 credit. Like you said I guess they are making it up tying you into a 36 month contract
    When I got my 12 Pro in January, AT&T gave me an $800 credit when I traded in my 8+. Of course, I'm tied to a contract for 36 months, but I keep my phones that long anyway!
    10-05-2021 11:50 AM
    I always order from Verizon. They do the same “new iphone every year” program as Apple, so every year I just pay the taxes for the new one and trade in the current one. It’s one of my few indulgences, to get a new phone every year.
    Just_Me_D and Nonsenseinsd8 like this.
    10-05-2021 06:31 PM
    I tried ordering online through Bell on September 23rd. The website says I should receive the order in 2-5 business days. It’s still not even shipped yet.
    10-06-2021 05:26 AM
    Never buy any phone from a carrier.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-06-2021 09:44 PM
    I've purchased iPhones from both and never had any issues from either one.
    10-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Never buy any phone from a carrier.
    why
    10-06-2021 10:53 PM
    I keep checking the Apple store and it says unavailable at my local Apple store but it looks like AT&T has some.
    10-08-2021 12:00 PM
28 12