Carrier store or Apple store

Gadgetgirl38

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I tried ordering online through Bell on September 23rd. The website says I should receive the order in 2-5 business days. It’s still not even shipped yet.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It doesn’t make much sense that you can order from your carrier which is AT&T for me and get it within like a week or even the same day. if you order from Apple it’s like one month. is it because Apple is more popular than the carriers or what

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Biggest issue is if you ever want to run dual sim. You cannot with any phone you purchase from a carrier. The phone must be unlocked to do this. And even if you pay in full, it won't be unlocked out the door as it is with Apple! T-Mobile, for example, will NOT unlock a phone even paid in full at the register for 40 days. This nonsense is why I NEVER buy my phones anywhere besides Apple. If you want the phone on release day you MUST get up early when preorders start and hammer away at the app to secure one. Early bird gets the worm. ;)

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Biggest issue is if you ever want to run dual sim. You cannot with any phone you purchase from a carrier. The phone must be unlocked to do this. And even if you pay in full, it won't be unlocked out the door as it is with Apple! T-Mobile, for example, will NOT unlock a phone even paid in full at the register for 40 days. This nonsense is why I NEVER buy my phones anywhere besides Apple. If you want the phone on release day you MUST get up early when preorders start and hammer away at the app to secure one. Early bird gets the worm. ;)

why do you need dual sims

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Here are a few of the many ways you can use Dual SIM:

1. Use one number for business and another number for personal calls.
2. Add a local data plan when you travel outside of the country or region.
3. Have separate voice and data plans.

With iOS 13 and later, both of your phone numbers can make and receive voice and FaceTime calls and send and receive messages using iMessage, SMS, and MMS.2 Your iPhone can use one cellular data network at a time.

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

It's one of those things once you've used it, you cannot live without it!
Biggest reason the poster above this covered: two lines, separate accounts (personal/biz).
Also if traveling to areas where another carrier would be needed a sim could be used in the same device. (activate phone on e-sim with primary service).
No need to carry two phones around!
Even better is you can have more than one number activated on a e-sim "slot" although only one can be active at a time.
Overall, quite useful feature.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’ve never had a iphone shipped, I’ve always gone to my local Apple store to pick it up. I’m thinking about having my iPhone 13 Pro 256 shipped because I can’t seem to find one at my local store. I always feel like I should at least go and pick it up to let Apple know my local store needs to remain open. (Which they are always packed half the time).

My question is am I stupid for wanting to go pick it up
Is it any different when you have it shipped versus go picking it up
Do I need to do anything to activate it once I receive it

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I Assumed that buying my 13 Pro Max at my T-Mobile carrier store with my Apple Card would net me 3% cash back but I was wrong

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered a iPhone 13 Pro 256 in Silver from Best Buy yesterday. They had a special promotion and gave me an extra $200 on trade for my SE2020 towards the 13 Pro.

All together, it cost me $750 difference which I paid up front and I will pick up my new device on Thursday. I had a gold iPhone 12 Pro I had bought a launch time, but sold it when my twin brother Don passed last May.

Since then, I have been using his SE2020 which after several months as my daily driver, I can honestly say I love the device. Great forum factor and in my opinion, it’s the best apple iPhone for the money.

I just missed the gesture concept and the larger screen for composing emails and posting on the social networking sites and the forums. I am happy camper with the deal now I have to decide on which case to get?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered and purchased my 6s Plus from Apple. All other iPhones, including my 12 Pro Max, I purchased from Verizon either online or in the My Verizon app. I pre-ordered my 12 Pro Max in the My Verizon app, and received it on release day. It was easy.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Before my 12 Pro Max, I always ordered through my carrier. I’ve had some good orders and then some bad orders. I preordered the 12 Pro Max through Apple and paid outright for Sim free. I didn’t get in until 10 minutes when preorders when went live but I received my device on launch day. I had so much fun in the MacRumors preorder thread, watching our phones leave China, get loaded onto planes and show up on our doorsteps. It was a fun experience and I’ll be going that route from here on out.