New software for your iPhone 15.0 BUT the iPhone shows it at 15.0

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I received both my iPhone 13 Pro MAX and my wife's iPhone 13 Pro. At first I thought it might just be my new iPhone but when I connected my wife's iPhone 13 Pro to my iMac I received the same notification that there was a new software version available, 15.0. Well when I went into Finder and restored it Finder showed there was new software available.

It tried 3 or 4 times to update the software but Finder said it was downloading the software, unpacking it then installing. Each time when it got to installing the update the phone would disconnect from my computer every time.

Well I call Apple support and was on the phone with them for about 30 minutes which was a waist. When I when into Settings-General and Software update it also show a update was available. the size of the up date was only 436 MBs. So I went ahead and started the up date and it updated with no problems. Again I was not connected to my computer.

Now when I go to Settings-General-Software update it shows that the phone is up to date. I haven't connected it to the computer yet since I'm restoring my wife's phone and she has a lot of photos. I would suspect that when I connect my phone to the computer it will show it is up to date. I'll update this thread if it doesn't show it is up to date.

Just wanted to share my experience.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm not all that surprised to see that. Last week my iPad got a final update on the beta to what was I believe the Release Candidate. Then Monday it got about a 360MB update when official 15 rolled out and the version still says 15.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
OK once I updated both iPhones on the phone rather than through "Finder" every thing shows good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711